• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaffers who have voted so far:

Just curious, MRORANGE, but are you ever going to fill this in?

Question regarding Giveaways:
Can I create one with a fake key and then gift the winner through Steam or is that frowned upon?
I'm guessing it is, just covering my bases

It truly is and given your comment bellow you'll have a blast with it :)

You could, but whynot just put the steam gift URL in the code field? o_O

Can I create one with a fake key and then gift the winner through Steam or is that frowned upon?

I think it's fine as long as the winner gets the game. Why not just do a Steam gift link?

tebunker

Banned
I play my games in a 40 inch samsung led tv. Much better than playing in a notebook screen.

Now that I installed XIMPUT it is glorius, can play my PC games in the bed :).

how do you connect the pc to the TV? Are you just using HDMI? What I would love is the ability to use something more akin to steam in home streaming

Sch1sm

Thomas was Alone is great. It's the only game that has ever made me interested in the lives of colored blocks.

I started playing it yesterday myself and, while I'm not so into whatever story it has
then again I'm only up to like 4.3 and it goes up to 10.x right?
, I'll admit the narration has its amusing points.

titch

I still haven't gotten around to getting Thomas is Alone. It looks interesting.

Only played the early stages of the game but it has a fantastic ambience about it, one of those games that can light your face up with a smile.

Was for games like this that i wanted to get my rig back up and running.

Aiustis

So tempted to get Wasteland 2.

So this Steam sale made me realize that I'm perfectly fine with buying games full price if I know it will meet my expectations.

Stick it to the Man has a neat art style, but I have a short fuse when it comes to unskippable cutscenes. I hope they slow down on that after chapter 2, I was pretty close to just Alt+F4ing. I'm just not in the mood for that right now.

I also wish it would have an option for VSync. 1000fps is not cool.

If you have an Nvidia card just force adaptive Vsync in the Nvidia control panel.

By the way, cutscenes can be skipped by holding backspace.

It truly is and given your comment bellow you'll have a blast with it :)

That's more than I can say for other games. Thomas' a great lesson on a effective way to narrate your game.

Should be fine, you could preface it in your give away. People have given away non games through mod bot like the ps4 and the keys to JaseC's steam account.

As long as you actually follow through, it's fine. I created a foil card giveaway using Modbot and gave it away through Steam. There were no problems.

chronomac

Been sick today with (what I think is) the flu, so I didn't even know there was a new Humble until now.

Enjoy my extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-30FD3726A38BB557 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-06BED3AF257926D2 - Taken by Sendou

t1420423749z1.png

famfrit

how do you connect the pc to the TV? Are you just using HDMI? What I would love is the ability to use something more akin to steam in home streaming

Yeah, the good old HDMI cable. Get a big hdmi cable + a mouse/keyboard wireless and you can watch all your anime in the bed. Plus, you can use internet in the bed too, but in this case the windows virtual keyboard is a better option with the wireles mouse.

Anustart

I still haven't gotten around to getting Thomas is Alone. It looks interesting.

It has a boring ambience. One of those games that can put a frown of disappointment on your face.

Its games like this that make me want to toss my rig out the window.

/s

Its an ok game. Some simple puzzles to solve and very basic platforming. I'd recommend it on a day you don't feel like starting a game with a large scope.

Edit: I wish there was a way to stream just the video from a game to my smart tv in the bedroom. Would allow me to play in bed.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys. This freakin' HIB is amazing. Shantae, SpeedRunners, Escape Goat 2...ALL OF IT. MMMMMM.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Just make it clear in the instructions that you will gift them directly.

RedFyn

Thanks to Stump i can finally repay the generosity of this forum.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RedFyn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-6E2229A1B92A0127 - Taken by Sch1sm. 3 entrants total.

t1420436820z1.png

Popstar

There are three unclaimed copies of Dust: An Elysian Tail sitting in ModBot giveaways. I assume because almost everyone already has it in their libraries from bundles.

It makes me wonder what the most owned SteamGAF game is.

Jawmuncher

Well...it IS free...am I gonna get what I pay for?

Just finished it. It's a really short VN 20 minutes I guess (Wasn't exactly timing myself).
Has 2 routes and I only did the good ending. It's a nice little story about creativity and the recognition or lack of for people's works.

Toshin

There are three unclaimed copies of Dust: An Elysian Tail sitting in ModBot giveaways. I assume because almost everyone already has it in their libraries from bundles.

It makes me wonder what the most owned SteamGAF game is.

Gun monkeys? or Bad Rats?

Anustart

Speaking of bad rats. I did a 4 spelunky 1 bad rats roulette during the sale and the guy who won bad rats hasn't activated it. What's the ethics on regifting?

xezuru

Oh man. The controller ain't showing in "Set up game controller" thing. But "Playstation 3 Controller" is showing in "Devices and Printers".

So using DS3 only with USB cable is not possible I take and bluetooth is necessary?

It works with USB. Does it not show a 360 controller at all in Devices and Printers?
I usually had a Wireless Controller (Wired Dualshock) and 360 Controller show

Is it safe to rearrange the config file for Air? It's all on one line and I'd really like to go back to a dark color scheme, not at all a fan of the default blue raspberry on white.

I've just read this article on PC Gamer and browse straight to the RPG section. I found some interesting titles that missed my radar such as Blackguards 2, else Heart Break and Serpent in the Staglands.

I've yet to try Blackguards, is it good?
Anyone here waiting for the sequel which is coming this 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom