• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

Enjoy these games.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EdmondD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust An Elysian Tale -- MB-D83474C28B5A50A2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Saints Row 4 -- MB-F5DF566CA9A167C6 - Taken by jmizzal. 47 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-5CFE9C90AAEE24EF - Taken by Unicorn. 17 entrants total.

t1420423019z1.png

Arthea

Some of the commentary is very spoiler-y. It's also pretty interruptive. I recently did a second playthrough with commentary of the first three games and would definitely not recommend doing that the first time.

oh! thanks for telling me this, not starting it over then.

Stick it to the Man has a neat art style, but I have a short fuse when it comes to unskippable cutscenes. I hope they slow down on that after chapter 2, I was pretty close to just Alt+F4ing. I'm just not in the mood for that right now.

I also wish it would have an option for VSync. 1000fps is not cool.

what kind of attitude is this? Are you forgetting in what thread this is being posted?
or is it yet another stealth brag post, really hard to tell at times (><)

Nabs

Stick it to the Man has a neat art style, but I have a short fuse when it comes to unskippable cutscenes. I hope they slow down on that after chapter 2, I was pretty close to just Alt+F4ing. I'm just not in the mood for that right now.

I also wish it would have an option for VSync. 1000fps is not cool.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-6493523A22156DFE
SangFroid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-46D1045C1EC3022B - Taken by thereisnoif

toybox turbos is really fun , it feels just like micro machines on the super nintendo but maybe with a little less variety on the vehicles

The link in the PC Threads Thread goes to a MotionInJoy thread for DS3 controllers.

Thread's over a year old. Assume MotionInJoy is still the way to go for using DS3 on PC?

iosefe

I would like to take a moment to say that i am bad at the blue flamingo

The link in the PC Threads Thread goes to a MotionInJoy thread for DS3 controllers.

Thread's over a year old. Assume MotionInJoy is still the way to go for using DS3 on PC?
Hell no. Xinput wrapper/SCP driver

Turfster

Stay the fuck away from that chinese adware

Finished the Blackwell Quintet
Great stuff, definitely worth playing, even though some of the puzzles can be a bit too adventure-gamey.
Story more than makes up for it, though.

Alright guys. Xinput then. Thanks.

Upon further inspection, the link for using DS3 on PC lead not only to the thread about MotionInJoy but to a post in that thread with a link to another poster who writes about Xinput.

Weird that there ain't just a dedicated thread for Xinput. (PS: I haven't searched for a Xinput thread)

derExperte

I would like to take a moment to say that i am bad at the blue flamingo

You know that it isn't about how far you can come but about how many points you have at the end? I see you only have 5000pts which means you're probably spending too much on upgrades. Try playing without (maybe one or two at the beginning).

Arthea

STEAM | February 2015 - Old Men Shout At Steam Cloud

I would prefer STEAM | February 2015 - don't ask how old, ask how young - forever young!

on the more serious note, why, Atraveller, why would you do this to me, I always thought of you as Khaleesi...

_hekk05

Banned
23 and feeling ancient. 2 years in the military does that to people.

I just wanna play some games but I never have time for them. I also have no money for all these deals and bundles (i blame my ps4 purchase)

Wait for me my nekos

Is there a list of Steam games with local mulitplayer where two or more players can share the same keyboard? I've been looking for local multiplayer games, but I've had trouble finding games where you can do that.

Teeth

Alright guys. Xinput then. Thanks.

Upon further inspection, the link for using DS3 on PC lead not only to the thread about MotionInJoy but to a post in that thread with a link to another poster who writes about Xinput.

Weird that there ain't just a dedicated thread for Xinput. (PS: I haven't searched for a Xinput thread)

I know you're not talking about it here but some tips for dark souls games:
Pick pyromancer for your first run through of DS1.
DS1 is fairly CPU heavy on PC, especially with DSFix. You will likely find that it runs worse than DS2 on PC. So be warned if you have an old or low power rig.
If you go back to DS2, you can't do anything with the stone girl til you beat a couple of areas. Turn around, go back to Majula and explore til you find the entrance to the Forrest of Fallen Giants. That's where you want to start exploring.
All of the starting gifts in DS2 are equally worthless, so don't feel bad about picking a human effigy.
Also, get a mace ASAP.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-EA28BE9FE01F0321 - Taken by thereisnoif. 10 entrants total.
Volgarr The Viking -- MB-2DF69CE5F39241D3 - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.

t1420417498z1.png

gQ85cdh.gif

Pakkidis

How hard is it compared to, say, the NES Megamans? I'm tempted but I keep hearing that it's extremely difficult and frankly, I don't have time to throw at a really hard game.

The game is hard in that you have to memorize enemy patterns and level layout. There is only 6 levels each level only takes under 10 minutes if you know what you are doing however it will probably take you roughly an hour to beat each level your first time.

Momentary

Banned
I've been patiently waiting for a year for Treasure to make a Radiant Silvergun announcement for Steam. I just saw a gameplay video of the 360 version and I want this thing now. Maybe they are remastering it.. again.

shockdude

Funny enough, I uninstalled Scarlet.Crush's Xinput and reinstalled Motioninjoy this morning, and I don't think I'll be looking back unless Scarlet.Crush adds more customization options.

If you simply want to get a DS3 working on PC then Xinput should be your first choice; it's safe, easy, and functional.

If you want fully remappable DirectInput and Xinput controls (e.g. DPAD as main control input for shmups and fighting games), native Sixaxis support, support for more than 4 controllers (I think), native DS3 to mouse/keyboard support, and are willing to put up with disabling the adware and disabling driver signature enforcement, then Motioninjoy will serve you well.

I'd make a guide but I can't make threads.

I just could not get my DS3 working under windows 8.1. I tried Xinput, Motionjoy but nothing, it was easy under windows 7. I just went out and bought a corded 360 EBgames homebrand controller, plug and play and it's actually quite good for only $22 new.

Plus I no longer have to convert in my head, on the fly, A->X, B-> circle etc...

JShackles, my apologies if I'm out of the loop on this front, but is it feasible to have a blacklist for curator's you don't want to see? Saw a discussion on the Steam forums about it that made me wanna hear your perspective of it.

I just could not get my DS3 working under windows 8.1. I tried Xinput, Motionjoy but nothing, it was easy under windows 7. I just went out and bought a corded 360 EBgames homebrand controller, plug and play and it's actually quite good for only $22 new.

Plus I no longer have to convert in my head, on the fly, A->X, B-> circle etc...

Really..? My DS3 works flawlessly with MotionInJoy. Did you enable it? Select it to be read as a 360 pad? If you were gonna buy a new pad, you should've grabbed an xbone for windows controller. I picked one up for the holidays and it works so well. It's nice to having to not fiddle with programs all the time though, I agree.

I know you're not talking about it here but some tips for dark souls games:
Pick pyromancer for your first run through of DS1.
DS1 is fairly CPU heavy on PC, especially with DSFix. You will likely find that it runs worse than DS2 on PC. So be warned if you have an old or low power rig.
If you go back to DS2, you can't do anything with the stone girl til you beat a couple of areas. Turn around, go back to Majula and explore til you find the entrance to the Forrest of Fallen Giants. That's where you want to start exploring.
All of the starting gifts in DS2 are equally worthless, so don't feel bad about picking a human effigy.
Also, get a mace ASAP.
Ooh, these are very nice tips indeed. After feeling bad about choosing Sorcerer for DS2 I would have never went with Pyromancer in DS1.
Thanks for taking the time buddy! Much appreciated.

Aw, DS2 is supposed to run better than D1 and heavily CPU bound?
I am on a laptop with mobile Core2Duo D:

Ooh, these are very nice tips indeed. After feeling bad about choosing Sorcerer for DS2 I would have never went with Pyromancer in DS1.
Thanks for taking the time buddy! Much appreciated.

Aw, DS2 is supposed to run better than D1 and heavily CPU bound?
I am on a laptop with mobile Core2Duo D:

I ran DS1 on a C2D, though it was a desktop part (e2160, OC) Don't expect to use the 60fps part of DSfix, but otherwise it was quite playable (better than my PS3 copy, at least)

^^ Awesome news! You're giving me hope :)

Hm, I feel kinda stupid for this but I installed the 360 drivers and ScpDriver.

How can I test whether my DS3 is now working on Windows without opening up a game? I am using it wired via USB cable and no Bluetooth.

When I want to start a game, I have to close all others programs. Resources are tight.

shockdude

How can I test whether my DS3 is now working on Windows without opening up a game? I am using it wired via USB cable and no Bluetooth.

When I want to start a game, I have to close all others programs. Resources are tight.

Open Start and type "game controllers". Open the first option (On Windows 8, it's "Set up game controllers").
If you see a controller, double-click on it. Then start fiddling with the controller and check if the button numbers light up and the sliders move.

My guess is the DS3 drivers got mixed up when trying to replace Motioninjoy with Xinput so nothing worked. Removing the drivers properly isn't very intuitive, but it's very fast and I can walk you through it if you're interested.

xezuru

Best way is to just load a low resource game, but to answer your question:
not sure if this will pick up a DS3 seperately from the 360 controller emulation of Scp but
Control Panel -> Devices -> Your Controller, should be able to test out basic unputs.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 51 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-208FBB90D27C8E40 - Taken by neotokyo360. 32 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-7CB644FD97EA1D01 - Taken by Strazyplus. 22 entrants total.
Salambo Battle for Carthage -- MB-BB2A0309DA646B81 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
World Truck Racing -- MB-A21831C2AEC2924D - Taken by Chreznor. 3 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance Gold -- MB-C95CC3D53D79E3B4 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 8 entrants total.
Coldfire Keep -- MB-AA5A1C2D74CADE8A - Taken by auroragoryalice. 5 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-FE0E218211A4A164 - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Space Hack -- MB-45C43F14AF6E0D7D
Ichi -- MB-3FBF58B685788D98 - Taken by Pranay_. 6 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-69869895460789F4 - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Evil Quest -- MB-181E4149A291928F - Taken by Renusek. 5 entrants total.
Little racers Street -- MB-D3FEB9506F36524D - Taken by RedFyn. 4 entrants total.
Dracula 3 the Path of the Dragon -- MB-4E0C1667EF094B18 - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Lightfish -- MB-65B0EA6E8367B85E - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Dracula the Resurrection -- MB-3AD2C85ED0A60845
Ku Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-167E928DF122C3FC - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Battle Group 2 -- MB-9DA35240D1C6C434 - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
Commando jack -- MB-C247EA346BD92853
Retro Pixel Castles -- MB-5F1D9E07A0261B2F - Taken by Popstar. 4 entrants total.
C Rush -- MB-E918F72D4F2589A8 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-8665036C78707844 - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.
CONSORTIUM -- MB-34DF74911C3D0E90 - Taken by Catshade. 20 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori -- MB-F2A47ED96869F49C - Taken by fernandes. 3 entrants total.
Return to Mysterious Island 2 -- MB-7D526A408D3DC59E - Taken by maguskain. 2 entrants total.

Ionball 2 -- MB-01A58D7C854D835B
Heileen 2 -- MB-C5110CA38D7B7F4A - Taken by sensoft04. 4 entrants total.
Supreme Commander Gold -- MB-B829FB123CDA93F2 - Taken by &lt;parameter: string&gt;. 7 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-777397B573E18819 - Taken by titch. 10 entrants total.
Amerzone the Explorers Legacy -- MB-1C7CF10D410D75DB - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-92BBEE9FD35466DB - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.
Scourge Outbreak Ambrosia -- MB-8F867E56FFD64326 - Taken by Ezalc. 3 entrants total.

Third Eye Crime -- MB-042A9C23501185FD - Taken by Last Baron. 8 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-A7544421B21C9AD2 - Taken by bkw. 17 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-46557D09C39B015B - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Skara the Blade Remains -- MB-6112DC787D8DBF69 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
Speed kills -- MB-8B616214D35B76ED - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-4DD5D79C11727966 - Taken by Popstar. 3 entrants total.
Dracula 2 The last Sanctuary -- MB-1287C496817958CB
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-99652315FE47F2B6
Viscera Cleanup Detail -- MB-84FA85A18C5CABE2 - Taken by MillionStabs. 16 entrants total.
Sacraboar -- MB-228BFD82FDED680D - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-7256D717F06C4D4B
Master Reboot -- MB-EF9A455DB39C204E - Taken by TheTrain. 10 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold -- MB-9F8DE5388008A54D - Taken by SSPssp. 6 entrants total.
Nostradums the Last Prohecy -- MB-19E1D0A50D3666CA - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
The Cameron Files the Secret of Loch Ness -- MB-E27A7BF9079F6E28 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-FA1835630792E7DE - Taken by kudoboi. 6 entrants total.

Broken Sword Directors Cut -- MB-ED8045C1B3FA400F - Taken by Stumpokapow. 9 entrants total.
Penguins Arena Sednas World -- MB-53E936BDC1E99FD1
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-2EEDF14F62871C6D - Taken by Jables Swan. 6 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 -- MB-12992FCF4F3850C9 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.

t1420422448z1.png

I've been patiently waiting for a year for Treasure to make a Radiant Silvergun announcement for Steam. I just saw a gameplay video of the 360 version and I want this thing now. Maybe they are remastering it.. again.

i really hope that someday we get radiant silvergun and guardian heroes on steam , i would buy them day 1

Articalys

Finished Hexcells. Some of those last few puzzles were really fun.
I like how the game respects your intelligence enough that it doesn't have to explain the final gimmick to you.
Probably will try to start Plus sometime this week.

The game is hard in that you have to memorize enemy patterns and level layout. There is only 6 levels each level only takes under 10 minutes if you know what you are doing however it will probably take you roughly an hour to beat each level your first time.

gulp...haha I guess this is in the realm of Ghosts n Goblins/Battletoads, then ^^;

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of EdmondD, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EdmondD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust An Elysian Tale -- MB-D83474C28B5A50A2 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Saints Row 4 -- MB-F5DF566CA9A167C6 - Taken by jmizzal. 47 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-5CFE9C90AAEE24EF - Taken by Unicorn. 17 entrants total.

t1420423019z1.png

Open Start and type "game controllers". Open the first option (On Windows 8, it's "Set up game controllers").
If you see a controller, double-click on it. Then start fiddling with the controller and check if the button numbers light up and the sliders move.
Best way is to just load a low resource game, but to answer your question:
not sure if this will pick up a DS3 seperately from the 360 controller emulation of Scp but
Control Panel -> Devices -> Your Controller, should be able to test out basic unputs.

Oh man. The controller ain't showing in "Set up game controller" thing. But "Playstation 3 Controller" is showing in "Devices and Printers".

So using DS3 only with USB cable is not possible I take and bluetooth is necessary?

famfrit

Oh man. The controller ain't showing in "Set up game controller" thing. But "Playstation 3 Controller" is showing in "Devices and Printers".

So using DS3 only with USB cable is not possible I take and bluetooth is necessary?

Its possible using DS3 with a USB cable. At least, it works here with Windows 8.0.

tebunker

Banned
There are going to be some great platformers heading to the PC in the coming months from the platformer thread.

Hearth Forth Alicia

Momodora 4

Death's Gambit

Seasons After Fall

Dark Drive

The Iconoclasts

Path to the Sky

A.N.N.E

I'm still missing a lot of great ones. There are some that look like cannon fodder though.

I just feel like I prefer to play these kinds of games on a console, or maybe I need to run a super long HDMI cable from my PC to my TV so I can play on my couch.

These all scream couch game to me, and they all look stunning.

shockdude

DS3 with USB cable should be possible. Sounds like your driver install got messed up.
How comfortable are you with mucking in the Device Manager? Plug in your controller, open Device Manager, try to find the PLAYSTATION controller, right-click --> uninstall, and check "Delete the driver software" for this device. Then uninstall, restart your computer, and try installing Xinput again.

famfrit

I just feel like I prefer to play these kinds of games on a console, or maybe I need to run a super long HDMI cable from my PC to my TV so I can play on my couch.

I play my games in a 40 inch samsung led tv. Much better than playing in a notebook screen.

Now that I installed XIMPUT it is glorius, can play my PC games in the bed :).

Zafir

I've got like a 7m cable going from my computer to my TV. :p

ExoSoul

Banned
Question regarding Giveaways:
Can I create one with a fake key and then gift the winner through Steam or is that frowned upon?
I'm guessing it is, just covering my bases

Working through backlog...
Thomas was alone is soooooooo good.
It truly is and given your comment bellow you'll have a blast with it :)

Thomas was Alone is great. It's the only game that has ever made me interested in the lives of colored blocks.
That's more than I can say for other games. Thomas' a great lesson on a effective way to narrate your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom