• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Started playing through Prince of Persia (2008). I can see why people disliked this game as a follow up to the Sands of Time trilogy, but so far I'm enjoying the platforming and exploration elements.

Jawmuncher

Started playing through Prince of Persia (2008). I can see why people disliked this game as a follow up to the Sands of Time trilogy, but so far I'm enjoying the platforming and exploration elements.

Had the game kept the original trilogy gameplay but kept the artv style I would have been happy.
Still not a bad game though just not exactly what I wanted.

Teeth

I have never played any of the other PoP games and have zero reverence for them and I can say that PoP2008 is one of the worst AAA games I've ever played.

The way the game locks you in to any action, the QTEing of literally every system, the rote, boring, overlong cinematic fight sequences, the absolutely cynical bloating of going through the level, then going through it again as a collectathon to progress. It is the opposite of engaging, reactive, progressive gameplay.

It's Simon with a great art style. But what a great art style. What I wouldn't give for a good (or even passable) game with that art and character design.

It works with USB. Does it not show a 360 controller at all in Devices and Printers?
I usually had a Wireless Controller (Wired Dualshock) and 360 Controller show
No, sadly. Only showing a PS3 controller.

To be frank, I am done with this. Been deleting drivers, rebooting, reinstalling the last two hours at least.
Nothing works. This shouldn't be this cumbersome.

This is the farthest I've come.
17oowTJ.png
The four LEDs on the DS3 keep blinking though and no button-click or movement of analog sticks gets registered.

After installing SCP Driver, my USB Bluetooth dongle also stops functioning correctly. It gets renamed into "BTH DS3 Device" but in the notification bar its symbol gets red and upon starting and searching for bluetooth devices I get the message that the Bluetooth Adapter is not ready or something.
jYUMRjv.png
D4yCuw1.png

I tried tethered via USB and without USB cable but nothing worked.
I am fed up.

Gonna deinstall everything and go to bed.

Thanks for your help anyway man.

Sucks that I don't have a xbone controller and my regular USB gamepad doesn't work in Dark Souls for camera movement or I wouldn't have to even try getting DS3 to work.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im playing currently games that dont require a controller. My Ps3 controller is behaving randomly and Im not sure if I can afford a new controller atm.

Bless FF13 and the automatic combat lol.

I have way too many big games on my plate post-sales. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, TitS, Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Souls 2... I wanted to finish a few before my break ends but I dunno if I can do that in a week. D:

Sch1sm

I have way too many big games on my plate post-sales. Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, TitS, Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Souls 2... I wanted to finish a few before my break ends but I dunno if I can do that in a week. D:

You definitely won't finish Dragon Age. AC is possible if you aren't a completionist, though.

inm8num2

Had the game kept the original trilogy gameplay but kept the artv style I would have been happy.
Still not a bad game though just not exactly what I wanted.

Yea this would have been ideal. I'm not as big a fan of the new Prince either, but so far the game is decent to good. Just not really good.

I have never played any of the other PoP games and have zero reverence for them and I can say that PoP2008 is one of the worst AAA games I've ever played.

The way the game locks you in to any action, the QTEing of literally every system, the rote, boring, overlong cinematic fight sequences, the absolutely cynical bloating of going through the level, then going through it again as a collectathon to progress. It is the opposite of engaging, reactive, progressive gameplay.

It's Simon with a great art style. But what a great art style. What I wouldn't give for a good (or even passable) game with that art and character design.

Yea, the QTE combat is kind of silly. I've only healed a few areas so far, but it's starting to feel repetitive - climb/run/jump to an area, fight, explore again to collect seeds. One specific criticism I have is that the controls for climbing/jumping feel a little clunky.

In a way this game feels like a foretelling of what was to come in AAA gaming, in terms of simplifying the gameplay and challenge while artificially increasing playtime through the collection mechanic and quasi-open world. Still, I'm enjoying it but also recognize the flaws.

edit - whaddya know, a PoP thread this evening.

Finished Shadowrun Returns

DAMN.......i have been watching games like XCOM:ENEMY UNKNOWN and were very intrigued by the turn-based gameplay

playing Shadowrun has converted me to playing more of these games now

also i loved story based games that last 20+hours or more.

anyone know of any other RPG games that is like that on STEAM? JRPG or etc

Parsnip

There are three unclaimed copies of Dust: An Elysian Tail sitting in ModBot giveaways. I assume because almost everyone already has it in their libraries from bundles.

It makes me wonder what the most owned SteamGAF game is.

I imagine it's something that Valve has given away for free in the past, like Portal.

I liked PoP08 a lot, one of my favorite games of that generation.

ExoSoul

Banned
No, sadly. Only showing a PS3 controller.

To be frank, I am done with this. Been deleting drivers, rebooting, reinstalling the last two hours at least.
Nothing works. This shouldn't be this cumbersome.

This is the farthest I've come.

The four LEDs on the DS3 keep blinking though and no button-click or movement of analog sticks gets registered.

After installing SCP Driver, my USB Bluetooth dongle also stops functioning correctly. It gets renamed into "BTH DS3 Device" but in the notification bar its symbol gets red and upon starting and searching for bluetooth devices I get the message that the Bluetooth Adapter is not ready or something.
jYUMRjv.png
D4yCuw1.png

I tried tethered via USB and without USB cable but nothing worked.
I am fed up.

Gonna deinstall everything and go to bed.

Thanks for your help anyway man.

Sucks that I don't have a xbone controller and my regular USB gamepad doesn't work in Dark Souls for camera movement or I wouldn't have to even try getting DS3 to work.
Ya just needed to do this:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=59385385&postcount=102

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Year Walk -- MB-FF0E12CB47B87E59 - Taken by Akuosa. 3 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-874002E9F7F7C44C - Taken by The Dear Leader. 4 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-59857ACDBDAE717D - Taken by CaLe. 4 entrants total.

t1420433339z1.png

Blu(e)

Haven't played Dota since it's original incarnation and I'm installing Dota 2 right now. Rage from teammates and huge time sink here I come.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of RedFyn, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RedFyn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-6E2229A1B92A0127 - Taken by Sch1sm. 3 entrants total.

t1420436820z1.png

hm. DSfix-link on Durante's blog leads to a dead mega page.

i thought the dmca stuff was cleared and the fix was good to distribute again?

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Stick it to the Man has a neat art style, but I have a short fuse when it comes to unskippable cutscenes. I hope they slow down on that after chapter 2, I was pretty close to just Alt+F4ing. I'm just not in the mood for that right now.

I also wish it would have an option for VSync. 1000fps is not cool.

I had the same problem with NekoPara's demo earlier today. It was running at 580 fps and 99% usage gpu1, 77% usage on gpu2. My solution with games that don't lock properly is to use Rivatuner (comes with msi Afterburner, both free) to lock it down to 60, 120, or 144 depending on how the game is running. I do the same for lego: the hobbit, dead island, and heavy bullets (though in hb that's just to deal with stutter).
It's a very dependable program.

Nabs

I had the same problem with NekoPara's demo earlier today. It was running at 580 fps and 99% usage gpu1, 77% usage on gpu2. My solution with games that don't lock properly is to use Rivatuner (comes with msi Afterburner, both free) to lock it down to 60, 120, or 144 depending on how the game is running. I do the same for lego: the hobbit, dead island, and heavy bullets (though in hb that's just to deal with stutter).
It's a very dependable program.

Yeah, that's what I use to lock games to 60.

Jawmuncher

Happy Birthday to me SteamGAF have a dinosaur game
Also my real face for January
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Primal Carnage: Extinction -- MB-AC9F3B3017FD5DC6 - Taken by freshVeggie. 11 entrants total.

t1420434553z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom