• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Colonization (Classic) -- MB-DC86AB80C7D463BA - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
MIND Path to Thalamus -- MB-AE96C00958533619 - Taken by confuziz. 28 entrants total.
Dungeon of Gain -- MB-07875117B60D3ACB - Taken by Loptous. 10 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold Plus (Classic) -- MB-7759BE64A6F0ACAD - Taken by The Reloader. 9 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Covert Action (Classic) -- MB-222E31F776162806 - Taken by Benedict. 9 entrants total.
Dragonsphere -- MB-F674A85CA61A21EA - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition -- MB-157E4E83B7ECAE0C - Taken by lindarasta. 5 entrants total.
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee -- MB-154CE978F3955C3A - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 5 entrants total.
Claustrophobia The Downward Struggle -- MB-3451C6D2AC726885 - Taken by titch. 6 entrants total.
Why So Evil -- MB-E6C292968C9AC1D5 - Taken by kcp12304. 3 entrants total.
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-C6E221339535900C - Taken by MrTeachwell. 3 entrants total.
FAKE COLOURS -- MB-BEAAD82790869BD9 - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-D215801E57CD395C - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
Year Walk -- MB-0DDF9E71652235A3 - Taken by Shadownet. 10 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-BDCA66283102E96F - Taken by darkchewie. 15 entrants total.

t1420572905z1.png

Volotaire

While its a bit sad that SteamGAF kinda slow down. (Most people think its a good thing) its very nice to see some new members I've never seen before.

Rejoined SteamGAF after a year -year and half since posting. Odd seeing so many new posters, but I recognise a fair few.

Parsnip

Ugh, the groupees steam redeemer is sort of kind of visually broken it seems. I thought it didn't work at all, but turns out the 'hey you already own this' message appeared offscreen. Good job.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

4PM -- MB-3250A45696EFE5DD - Taken by derExperte
Great Permutator -- MB-7C7746A4A0933C83 - Taken by Ben652
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-783E01E78E0B1558 - Taken by kcp12304
Biglands -- MB-142E5C67B14BD29C - Taken by Pranay_
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 Edition -- MB-51540DC0F85A197A - Taken by autoduelist
eXperience 112 -- MB-00E1264B71CEB41D - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Triblaster -- MB-294F12EA344A8A7A - Taken by arts&crafts
Meltdown -- MB-383B0658462593CC - Taken by famfrit
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-3E5852EEC67EBC84 - Taken by Jables Swan
The Maker's Eden -- MB-F36953E214CE9E99 - Taken by chronomac
Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus -- MB-DB9C122704BF7DB4 - Taken by thereisnoif
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-F0037B878D670B32 - Taken by Blu(e)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Aliens: Colonial Marines is back on Steam with all DLC.

Midweek madness pls. I need Stasis Interrupted.

Ignore what gaf says shepple. The patched version of Colonial Marines on PC is a decent game and well worth playing if you're into the Aliens films.

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-2364A00B7D0313A5 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-1C5D9BE4F47A20B4 - Taken by XShagrath

Lomax

January 28/29, depending on your time zone. Doesn't look like there'll be a pre-purchase period. $15.

While I'll no doubt pick up the Steam version eventually, I'm much more interested in this on my tablet. Hopefully they don't plan on charging $15 for that version.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ignore what gaf says shepple. The patched version of Colonial Marines on PC is a decent game and well worth playing if you're into the Aliens films.

I wrote a very long and what I think is fair take on the game here last year, and I have to say I don't agree. It's a dull, poor game--and I don't think it's either an ambitious failure or an interesting study in failure:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79605513&postcount=13248

The DLC is a little better, I think, but still inherits most of the game's problems:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88986418&postcount=12670

I am a sheeple so I guess people should ignore me, but I feel like I'm decent at bleating.

Seems that if you are in the current closed beta for Dirty Bomb, then Steam keys are being sent to your email.

https://twitter.com/splashdamage/status/552533018473426945?s=09
https://twitter.com/DirtyBomb/status/552533935671238656?s=09

I got mine through e-mail. On mobile so I can't add it to my library, but the e-mail calls it a Closed Beta.

They're resetting progress on the 20tb of this month and rewarding beta players with credits, but you have to play it on Steam to get them. That might suggest an opening of it?

Barbarian

While I'll no doubt pick up the Steam version eventually, I'm much more interested in this on my tablet. Hopefully they don't plan on charging $15 for that version.

Agreed--this could be an excellent touch-controlled tablet game. Decisions decisions.

What would also be awesome would be an HD edition World of Xeen for PC and tablets.

Locust

Wow, really?

Bioshock Infinite was not a horrible game. At least it had a cool story and good graphics.

Colonial Marines was a chore.
Both CM and Bioshock Infinite had awful combat and boring "fight off a wave of samey enemies, proceed to next area" design as far as I remember.

DNF was more varied at least.

Well I'm not so sure about that. I went from a 8800GTS to a GTX 970. The 8800 was a monster though, and (sort of) ran everything I cared to throw at it.

I will always be grateful to my old 8800 gtx, it required so much power at the moment that I never had to change my PSU after that.

I will always be grateful to my old 8800 gtx, it required so much power at the moment that I never had to change my PSU after that.

Yep. The PSU I bought for it is still going strong in the gf's PC. I recently cleaned both my 8800's and they still idle'd at 68 °C and I'm in the UK were its freezing.

I post some impressions until know about FFXIII-2. Yes, is better and enjoyable, but:

-as in FFXIII, backtracking here is massive. Too massive. Since there are several side missions in the game, you need to travel back and forth on time to the same location in order to obtain items needed to proceed with the mission. This applies both for side-quests and main missions. It's funny the first two times, then it got boring.
-only four characters important for the story. Excluding some cameo in and there (
Snow and Hope, until now
), the game is about Noel, Serah,
Caius and Yeul...with multiple versions of those two.
. The plot iself is really, really, really weak:
Serah and Noel basically need to fix time paradoxes, so the real..past/future will reveal.
-it's a recycle fiesta. Locations are usually small, but the game recycle a good chunk of places from FFXIII, even if they are a bit different. The same sadly applies to monsters: maybe they are different in colors, but they are exactly the same from FFXIII. Even the four optional bosses I just fought, well, are from FFXIII.
-levelling up is very, very easy and fast. This is not a bad thing, because on FFXIII you can't level up as you want if you don't proceed with the story. Here there's not this limitation. The fact that side-quests give you additional CP is a good think. Sadly I really dislike the random encounter system. In some locations the ratio is HUGE, and really you can't do two steps without triggering a fighting. Yes, you can run away, usually, but sometime monsters spawn exactly in your face, and you can't avoid them.
- the fact the third member of your party is a monster is just because SE didn't bother on creating a new character with personality etc. Having a monster, by the way, is really usefull, depending on how you level it up and the monster. I found a Behemot-like mob, only he stays like a human, and that is very usefull, doing a lot of damage.
-soundtrack, again, is not good. A lot of theme are recycled from FFXIII, and new ones are not so good for me. I'm not a jpop fan, but I really liked themes like Eyes on me, 1000 Words, Suteki Da Ne etc. Here there's nothing like that. Until now, I found just one theme from Academya that is really cool, but nothing memorable.

But the real question is how much electricity does it use to idle all the cards? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh yeah, I finally remembered to add the Skyrim Dawnguard DLC that I snagged from Amazon for a fiver over winter break. I now have the two major DLC's that I cared about and I didn't have to drop more than ten for the set. I think I might just wait on the "Legendary Edition" of the next elder scrolls game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom