• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Aliens vs. Predator 2010 is back http://store.steampowered.com/app/10680/
[...] let's wait and see. maybe pes and avp games will return shortly like walking dead survival instinct did.
Feels good to be right.
Hmm. Meet the minimum reqs for TW3, and I'd be at recommended if not for the 750 Ti. Not sure if I could upgrade that further though without a new case - as it is I had a hard time fitting the 750 Ti in (Dell case). Would need a new power supply too.

Though I might be looking at building a whole new rig in the next year, so who knows. Still playing through the original game, and have TW2 on the plate as well.
I am wondering how a 750Ti can not serve well for Witcher 3 when I read on Gaf that it is more powerful than even the PS4?
And supposedly that is going to be able to handle the game at 900p afair.
That guy tried to add me the other day too.
Damn. A couple months ago a person with the same description added me as well. I clearly remember him being into turtles.
No joke. Being patient is probably one of the most useful traits. Glad I ain't getting overhyped and impatient.

autoduelist

Yep, I picked this up. Better price than the Steam Winter Sale if I'm remembering right.

Now when I'll have time to play it ... that's another question.

Yeah, I picked it up for 9.99 iirc. Got my money's worth out of it though. Will eventually revisit to beat again, but for now I'm happy.

Grief.exe

The Boss Abides

9006c2a6de152ad685f170ef02b3f63d.jpg

madjoki

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nidhogg -- MB-FEC043759E1F10EA - Taken by The Dear Leader. 47 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-BDAA2206DA055E90 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 4 entrants total.

t1420669756z1.png

Knurek

I am wondering how a 750Ti can not serve well for Witcher 3 when I read on Gaf that it is more powerful than even the PS4?
And supposedly that is going to be able to handle the game at 900p afair.

I sure hope I will be able to coast for a few more years with the combo of 750TI and 768p.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know the original You Don't Know Jack games only have local multiplayer, as opposed to the Jackbox, that has internet multiplayer, but...

Are the original Steam YDKJ Games in this Bundlestars Bundle in the new Jackbox Party Pack?

Party Pack includes YDKJ 2015, does that have all those games/expansions/questions, or it's a different set of questions?

Lomax

The hell why are the gems so expensive now? Now I can't bank on my animu games anymore ;___;

They are dropping back down now. They have been periodically uncraftable for the last day or so. Seems like Valve is messing with the system in some fashion.

I bought about 50 sacks when they bottomed out at .48 hoping to sell them uguu~ cards :(
There are now still a few 0.48s left, I bought them. Even if it is limits my income, I can still make some money.
How are you even making any money these days? Even my most expensive booster would make me 2 cents tops profit!
I sure hope I will be able to coast for a few more years with the combo of 750TI and 768p.
While I think 750Ti has enough grunt, I do believe the low ram will force your hand a lot earlier :/

Also, where is Turfster ?

I think that when the 750ti is matching console performance or barely beating it in new games, I think that it will do just fine for witcher 3. I mean... It runs unity just as well as the consoles do for Chrissakes.

Megauap

Indiegala new bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Megauap:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Megauap, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Commando Jack -- MB-83D6BC24DFD40B0E
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-3D0B16A35D071CC0 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Platypus -- MB-CF57DFF816D0387C - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-FA61901E8BB551B3 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
CT Special Forces -- MB-C23E73CF7359877B
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-2B07AAAB310834DE - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Incoming Forces -- MB-8A6ED342F7404D93 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-4E87A2242BF39563
Hyper Fighters -- MB-B67B611C45E3FB95
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-6C2A96B74AF045F2 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.

t1420661595z1.png

Knurek

While I think 750Ti has enough grunt, I do believe the low ram will force your hand a lot earlier :/

RAM or VRAM?

Hadn't had a problem with my 8GB of RAM yet (although CoDAW required me shutting down browser to free 1.5 GB), but that's easily expandable if needed.

Can't help about VRAM, but still, 2GB should be enough for 768p I think. Texture detail might need some tweaking depening on engine used.
(It's not like consoles have a vastly larger pool when you include the stuff their OS/rest of data takes).

RAM or VRAM?

Hadn't had a problem with my 8GB of RAM yet (although CoDAW required me shutting down browser to free 1.5 GB), but that's easily expandable if needed.

Can't help about VRAM, but still, 2GB should be enough for 768p I think. Texture detail might need some tweaking depening on engine used.
(It's not like consoles have a vastly larger pool when you include the stuff their OS/rest of data takes).
Yeah, I was meaning VRAM. It is 2GB? Oh, I thought only 1GB. 2 sounds good these days but don't consoles have a bit over 5GB for games alone? That's why I am holding out with getting a PC. 970 has only 4GB. I think 6GB would be way more futureproof.

Yeah, I was meaning VRAM. It is 2GB? Oh, I thought only 1GB. 2 sounds good these days but don't consoles have a bit over 5GB for games alone? That's why I am holding out with getting a PC. 970 has only 4GB. I think 6GB would be way more futureproof.

Consoles have unified memory. In the case of the PS4 a bit over 5GB for games alone, however that's not just VRAM. It's for everything.

I'm reading a Witcher novel and one part specifically mentioned that he doesn't take trophies. They must have forgotten about that line when developing Witcher 2 :p

autoduelist

If I don't own any of their other games and don't care about the added 'hero', wouldn't the pixel pack be fine?

Well, yeah, as you said you don't want anything else. The extra character is very nice though, probably best in game. You don't need him though.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm reading a Witcher novel and one part specifically mentioned that he doesn't take trophies. They must have forgotten about that line when developing Witcher 2 :p
He does have at least one trophy though.
Trish. (;

I find most board game digital adaptations do a poor job at explaining the game. Witcher wasn't an exception to this rule.
Yeah really, I think they need to include a tutorial mode instead of just a bunch of tutorial videos.

Consoles have unified memory. In the case of the PS4 a bit over 5GB for games alone, however that's not just VRAM. It's for everything.
Oh I thought the 2,5GB reserved for OS is comparable to what PC uses the DDR3 RAM for and the rest 5,5GB what the GPU on a PC would use.

Madn

I've just completed Cave story+.
I found the game really good. The bosses are easy once you figure out the one trick you have to do to beat them but I don't think that's a problem. I really liked all the different and weapons and how shooting downward with a machinegun lets you float. Reading some comments online I've discovered that I've barely scratched the surface of the game, but I don't think I'll be going back to get the real ending any time soon because of my backlog.
The music is top notch.

Also, is it true that the original was made by just one guy? If so, that's definitely impressive!

Vlad

I've just completed Cave story+.
I found the game really good. The bosses are easy once you figure out the one trick you have to do to beat them but I don't think that's a problem. I really liked all the different and weapons and how shooting downward with a machinegun lets you float. Reading some comments online I've discovered that I've barely scratched the surface of the game, but I don't think I'll be going back to get the real ending any time soon because of my backlog.
The music is top notch.

I'd say it's worth it to run through the game again to try to get the real ending (there's also a "bad" third ending that you can get before the real end of the game if you choose a certain dialogue choice). Still, do it using a walkthrough, as it's one of those things I really don't see how anybody could just stumble upon doing.

Also, is it true that the original was made by just one guy? If so, that's definitely impressive!

I believe it was.

Arthea

Finished my third game this year, it was Date Warp
It is quite unimpressive VN. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad or anything, it's just not good enough. *sighs*
or maybe I expected too much.

Sch1sm

I bought Watch Dogs on release and still haven't gotten through Act 2 at all. Not even worth 4.99, IMO. 2.49 is the right price for any platform - it's only value is being on a disc for PS/XB. ;.;

kudoboi

I bought Watch Dogs on release and still haven't gotten through Act 2 at all. Not even worth 4.99, IMO. 2.49 is the right price for any platform - it's only value is being on a disc for PS/XB. ;.;

i bought watch dogs and loved it. i even 100% the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom