• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Ugh, really sitting on the fence on whether I should just suck it up and get w3 for PC anyway. I might as well wait to see how ps4 version performs.

Chariot

I don't recall which one, but one of the NIS games turned into a 8 or 16-bit platformer when you pressed the panic button.
Perfect crime.

EDIT: or was it Compiled Heart ? Not sure...
Haha, that is actually super amazing!

Haha, the ingenuity.
There was a time where we had a small lodging with restaurant and we lived in some rooms of it. So at that time I was always in danger that my parents would barge in (because they can't fucking knock). You wouldn't believe how creative you get at times of distress.

A interior door lever with a lock is $15-25. One with a keyed entry is $30-40.
Why buying new things when you can break old things? :D
I am not in danger, my years of life experience refined my secret enjoyment skills. I was just praising the simpleness and great idea of an true escape key that more games should have.

Monooboe

Ok Wasteland 2, what are you doing? You give me a pet robot discoball but make him so weak that he dies first in every fight and no way to revive him? Been reloading the same fight trying to keep him alive but agh...

Ok Wasteland 2, what are you doing? You give me a pet robot discoball but make him so weak that he dies first in every fight and no way to revive him? Been reloading the same fight trying to keep him alive but agh...

The best things in life don't last forever...

Monooboe

The best things in life don't last forever...

True, but if this game really wanted to be like "life" I would be to fix him, or shut him off, or put him in a car, put a leash on him, have one team member take him somewhere, hack a gun on him, put better armor on him... ah you see my point.XD I do like the game but some things about it are just ugh. Sorry for being so negative.^^;

famfrit

Sorry Arthea, I think I'm dropping Breath of Fire.
Gave the game another chance today, and the boring, braindead random fights every three steps are just not my thing in jRPGs.

I've read that BoF2 has an even worse encounter rate... Is this really true?

Yes, encounter rate is very high in BOF2 from SNES, but you can buy items that reduce the encounter rate to zero. Plus, I think that the GBA version have a better encounter rate.

Dont forget that the SNES game received a better translation a few years ago, this is the link to the translation group:

http://watercrown.info/category/breath-of-fire-2/

Anyway, I can recommend the game because it is one of the best rpg from SNES era and one of my all time favorite. The history is about a evil church that dominate the mind of peope to use they faith to ressurect a evil Jesus Christ wannabe.

The game is soo good, a good number of relevant NPC die and even the main char have a very sad past... one big demon mass dominating the mind of everyone to forget of main char,
torture his father, try to kill the sister and the mother sacrifice itself to imprison the demons in a cave
. Plus, some party members have a very good past too.
The death of the mother of the armadilo party member is brutal

If you can survive the high encounter rate you will get one of the best rpg.

Breath-of-Fire-2.jpg

That's the annoying thing about the followers you can't directly influence in WL2. They just charge in straight away and die just as quickly. They scale badly as well.

Chariot

I just finished with Ageha my first Route in If My Heart Had Wings and I have to say that the game is pretty good. It really has this anime feel. It really gets me excited for the glider flight and feel with the characters. Although the sex scenes are essential for the Ageha story I thought that there were too many of them in the end. I kept hammering through the last one, just to finally see the end and Ageha was extremely irritating for something really small. I wished that I could've taken the Hotaru route instead a lot of times. But other than that it felt "correct", like that the story was always supposed to go this way. I wonder if the other routes give me the same feeling.
5CC805F3E6538E5E254CB53442F5D1E375CD562A

Picture unrelated to chosen route, she's just precious
Going to do the Kotori route next, since I need her for everything else, sigh~

--
I found an example !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYKNVKpDXH8#t=769

(NSFW video since it's Gal Gun)
Really amazing!
But I also understand why Galgun needs that feature :,D

Yo, started up Dark Souls PTD for the first time and it prompted me with these.

Why does the game want me to make a Live profile or else online-play is disabled and I have to play Offline?

Help?

Go into the properties tab for Dark Souls on Steam and opt into the games beta branch, it removes GFWL so you can just us Steam for online.

louiedog

Cheap Steambox for streaming?

It's going to okay for 720p streaming, not sure for 1080p, dunno... atoms have improved quite a lot. for video playback.

I don't know how comparable the stick's Atom Z3735F Bay Trail is to my Win 8 tablet's Z3775, but I know that I can stream 60fps Steam games at 1080p without issue.

Go into the properties tab for Dark Souls on Steam and opt into the games beta branch, it removes GFWL so you can just us Steam for online.
Thank you Leader!
Why is Steamworks version Beta? I thought it is finished.
Whatever. Let's get this going. Hopefully it will run as smooth as Dark Souls 2.

Lomax

I just love how I'm completely unable to get MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner to work at all now. Fucking PC gaming.
I love PC gaming but goddamn it's annoying when shit doesn't work for no reason at all.

Corpekata

Banned
I just love how I'm completely unable to get MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner to work at all now. Fucking PC gaming.
I love PC gaming but goddamn it's annoying when shit doesn't work for no reason at all.

Did you have a beta version? I had that happen too and they disable beta versions that are like 5 or so iterations away from current, and updating worked for me.

Anyway, I can recommend the game because it is one of the best rpg from SNES era and one of my all time favorite. The history is about a evil church that dominate the mind of peope to use they faith to ressurect a evil Jesus Christ wannabe.

Not a fan of RPGs with absurd encounter rates, but I loved this game's story. Very dark and made me cry towards the emotional stuff.

Lomax

Did you have a beta version? I had that happen too and they disable beta versions that are like 5 or so iterations away from current, and updating worked for me.

The problem is I did a clean windows install after replacing my motherboard/cpu and after I install afterburner (tried the newest version and a couple older versions) Riva tuner won't hook into games at all to limit fps. Tried all the fixes I can find and nothing seems to make a difference. Installing RadeonPro now and seeing if I can get that to work.

I just beat The Witcher. Such a great game. I dont think I need to tell you guys about that though. Quick question: are the side adventures that came with the extended edition important in any way? Im just asking because I really want to jump into number 2 asap.

I just beat The Witcher. Such a great game. I dont think I need to tell you guys about that though. Quick question: are the side adventures that came with the extended edition important in any way? Im just asking because I really want to jump into number 2 asap.

IIRC the side adventures are more Witcher 1 creation kit tutorials than proper games. I played one of them and was massively disappointed by it.

I'd recommend you skip them and move on to Witcher 2.

famfrit

Not a fan of RPGs with absurd encounter rates, but I loved this game's story. Very dark and made me cry towards the emotional stuff.

Yeah, soo much suffering, sacrifice and death.

The only real problem is the crazy encounter rate ratio, plus the original SNES translation that was terrible.
Thanks god that some awesome guy made the retranslation.

MRORANGE

Less than two days to go:

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY Award, every year gaffers choose choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam,
game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out last year's nail-biting results.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released from 2014
- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY
- Re-release in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Vote thrown if the bin if you fail to follow rules
t1420848000z0.png

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
[B]Game 5 (1 point) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 4 (2 points) [/B]: INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 3 (3 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 2 (4 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 1  (5 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE

[B]Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) :[/B] WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Gaffers who have voted so far:

Yeah, soo much suffering, sacrifice and death.

The only real problem is the crazy encounter rate ratio, plus the original SNES translation that was terrible.
Thanks god that some awesome guy made the retranslation.

Yeah, made me really despise these demonic villains. Felt scary too.

I'm not really sure which translation I had. I hope I didn't have the terrible one lol. I played this game many, many years ago but the dark story still sticks in my mind, as does some of the music, like the later map themes.

How disappointing.

Dark Souls 2 ran at 720P at about 20-25FPS at medium settings.

Dark Souls 1 runs at a somehow locked 15FPS. Lots of times even sub-10FPS ;_;

It is playable but not enjoyable.

I used DSfix. I'll delete it and hope for miraculously better performance :/

Not gonna happen, I know.

How disappointing.

These sorts of posts don't mean much without your PC's specs, you know.

How disappointing.

Damn, then the notebook c2d is a lot worse than its desktop cousin.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I use DSfix to lower the resolution on my laptop to get playable speeds.

Incidentally I can play DMC4 at alright settings at 720p just fine.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
To celebrate my new lack of job let me give a lucky winner a 99 cents game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Danmaku Unlimited 2 -- MB-E32D9D5B97995C84 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 7 entrants total.

t1420680197z1.png

My friend and I were talking about games that we played last year, but never spent more than about an hour or two with and then putting down. One of mine was Bulletstorm, and after hearing multiple people mention it recently, I think I might want to retry it. I have it on steam, but I think I remember it having GFWL. Is that an issue with that game, where I am now not able to play it anymore?

redlacs

any idea why this wont leave my discovery queue? (almost) every time i reach the very end of the queue, there is this thing (sometimes there is just "this item not available in your country" page) but mostly this mod. why? what does it want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom