• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
(whoops I forgot to do this earlier)

So Frecklestein was super nice around Christmas and bought me Hatoful Boyfriend because I couldn't get GMG working. He refused my offer to gift him something back, and told me to do something kind instead.

Therefore I'll give one lucky person the chance to follow the tale of one kawaii as fuck shopkeeper.

ModBot said:
Instructions for thesaucetastic:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale -- MB-5E8A756E5D05341A - Taken by Water. 20 entrants total.

t1420751595z1.png

HBP

Does anyone know of a small BT USB adapter that works with the PS3 controller? For some reason I can't connect to it with my tablet.

MRORANGE

Just over two days left.

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY Award, every year gaffers choose choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam,
game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out last year's nail-biting results.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released from 2014
- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY
- Re-release in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Vote thrown if the bin if you fail to follow rules
t1420848000z0.png

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
[B]Game 5 (1 point) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 4 (2 points) [/B]: INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 3 (3 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 2 (4 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 1  (5 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE

[B]Why I want this game as GOTY  (Optional) :[/B] WRITE COMMENTS HERE

Gaffers who have voted so far:

So Frecklestein was super nice around Christmas and bought me Hatoful Boyfriend because I couldn't get GMG working. He refused my offer to gift him something back, and told me to do something kind instead.

Therefore I'll give one lucky person the chance to follow the tale of one kawaii as fuck shopkeeper.

Pay-It-Forward, the best raffles :p

Entered, thanks :)

Warhammer Quest is up on Steam. Played about an hour of it (took the day off today for various reasons). Its...Warhammer Quest. Its pretty fun...a nice diversion for a while, so if you like tile based adventure board games, you'll probably like this. In fairness its been years since I've actually played the board game version of Warhammer Quest, so I don't remember all the ins and outs to judge how good a job was done, but everything seems to work, and its fun.

HBP

Warhammer Quest is up on Steam. Played about an hour of it (took the day off today for various reasons). Its...Warhammer Quest. Its pretty fun...a nice diversion for a while, so if you like tile based adventure board games, you'll probably like this. In fairness its been years since I've actually played the board game version of Warhammer Quest, so I don't remember all the ins and outs to judge how good a job was done, but everything seems to work, and its fun.

Is this the same as the iOS one? There are too many of these, I get confused.

Madn

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bardbarian -- MB-B1222FCD1840450D - Taken by auroragoryalice

auroragoryalice

Neo Member

Wow, that's very generous of you!

I just bought the bundle yesterday, but thanks for the giveaway!

How is Hatoful Boyfriend anyways? It looks hilarious!

Finished my first game/experience of the year yesterday with Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall‎ & The Brigmore Witches. Both great DLCs, it really felt more like a well done expansion pack than a thoughtless piece of downloadable content tossed out their to fool people into getting a season pass or something. Well worth it if you like the campaign.

but really, i came in here looking for your thoughts and prayers as Watch_Dawgs is the next time i'm gonna tackle. I don't know, i just have to see what the hell it's all about.

madjoki

Same as in previous page, forgot autorepost:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (madjoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nidhogg -- MB-FEC043759E1F10EA - Taken by The Dear Leader. 47 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-BDAA2206DA055E90 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 4 entrants total.

t1420669756z1.png

Madn

I'd say it's worth it to run through the game again to try to get the real ending (there's also a "bad" third ending that you can get before the real end of the game if you choose a certain dialogue choice). Still, do it using a walkthrough, as it's one of those things I really don't see how anybody could just stumble upon doing.

I believe it was.

I guess you get the bad ending if
you leave the island with the guy instead of staying and fighting the core

Is the real ending particularly long/difficult?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Pay-It-Forward, the best raffles :p

Entered, thanks :)
Well, Frecklestein asked me to pay it forward, so I gotta ask the same of you guys. :p

Good luck!

Wow, that's very generous of you!

I just bought the bundle yesterday, but thanks for the giveaway!

How is Hatoful Boyfriend anyways? It looks hilarious!
Whoops, sorry my shitty timing didn't help you out. At least you got two more games out of it? D:

Hatoful Boyfriend is not just hilarious, it's so much more. It's unexpectedly deep, but I've been following it since before it was annouced for Steam, so I knew what I was getting into. Definitely try it out, I'm pretty sure there's a demo.

auroragoryalice

Neo Member
Whoops, sorry my shitty timing didn't help you out. At least you got two more games out of it? D:

Hatoful Boyfriend is not just hilarious, it's so much more. It's unexpectedly deep, but I've been following it since before it was annouced for Steam, so I knew what I was getting into. Definitely try it out, I'm pretty sure there's a demo.

It's ok! Thanks anyways!

You're not planning on giving away a copy of Final Fantasy VII are you? Cause I'm planning on buying that one tonight! :p

Knurek

Sorry Arthea, I think I'm dropping Breath of Fire.
Gave the game another chance today, and the boring, braindead random fights every three steps are just not my thing in jRPGs.

I've read that BoF2 has an even worse encounter rate... Is this really true?

Madn

Sorry Arthea, I think I'm dropping Breath of Fire.
Gave the game another chance today, and the boring, braindead random fights every three steps are just not my thing in jRPGs.

I've read that BoF2 has an even worse encounter rate... Is this really true?

Have you tried Breath of Death VII?

Jawmuncher

Been playing Watch Dogs on PS4.
Why did this game get a lot of hate again? It's not that bad and i'm about to wrap up Act 2.
I guess it's nothing really ground breaking either but everything works here and i'm finding it enjoyable. Especially like the criminal hacker underground the game has going.

Chariot

Wow, I was mildly annoyed that ESC would minimize the If My Heart Had Wings since I use it instinctively to close menus and always end up on the desktop. However, now that I was in a sex scene and my mother decided to not knock I am very so very very grateful for that key. Best key ever!

Jawmuncher

Wow, I was mildly annoyed that ESC would minimize the If My Heart Had Wings since I use it instinctively to close menus and always end up on the desktop. However, now that I was in a sex scene and my mother decided to not knock I am very so very very grateful for that key. Best key ever!

If I recall milamber said something about that being the reason for such things.

Knurek

You are aware that she knows?
Mother knows breast.

autoduelist

Lol, my Toki Tori 2 coupons (that used to be Pixel Piracy coupons except during the sale) have now switched back into Pixel Piracy coupons post-sale.

Bizarre. Kind of annoying, kind of hilarious, kind of shady, kind of whatever, since I don't plan on buying it.

dani_dc

And that's why I have my PC screen turned back against the door.

Chariot

If I recall milamber said something about that being the reason for such things.
It surely is. But I really would've love to rebind it somewhere else, it really irritates me when I try to close menus.

You are aware that she knows?
Mother knows breast.
Well, I am sure she knows that I have a sexuality in general. But she doesn't need to know details. Opposed to the world wide web with which I am sure to share all of it.
Mine is in 90 degrees. It's not possible to see whats on it just by opening the door. However this is way less stressful and obvious than the panic ALT + TAB.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

It surely is. But I really would've love to rebind it somewhere else, it really irritates me when I try to close menus.

Well, I am sure she knows that I have a sexuality in general. But she doesn't need to know details.

In lieu of getting your own place, wouldn't it make sense to at least lock the door?

Chariot

In lieu of getting your own place, wouldn't it make sense to at least lock the door?
I don't have a key. But I rigged the door so the door handle falls of if you open it too rough. So it buys me a second because people open it slowly. Nobody pressed me to repair it, so it's something.

Annubis

I still prefer games that become something else entirely when you press the panic button =D

Wall of Let's Play and Impressions

My Let's Play of Dr. Green:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyMDdH85mRs

Sega Master System visuals and decent sound track. Definitely has a heavy Sega feel to it, some weird blend of Sega Arcade and Sega Master System platformers. Story is a bit weird, has a heavy opening and then the forest raises you and you need to save it with a gun that shoots acorns? When you destroy baddies they explode into a pile of leaves.

The bosses are where it's at though. Decently difficult. All told, I recommend it.​

My Let's Play of Tengami:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBV0BzgCxw

Excellent visuals, okay-ish music, interesting pop-up-book mechanics all in a Point and Click adventure shell. I don't think it's that long and puzzles are pretty easy, but it's still satisfying to appreciate the art that went into it. Recommended.​

My Let's Play of Towers of Altrac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_Tl_8F8z8

A middling TD game. Horrendous render distance, lot's of pop-in at Ultra settings. Three different factions each with their own sets of towers that visually look different but are the same basic tower.

I really liked the ability to go first-person mode on any of the baddies in the wave. Just a so-so TD game.​

My Let's Play of Warhammer Quest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgfFj56XyTk

If you are a fan of Games Workshop Warhammer dark fantasy than you'll really like this top-down party-based SRPG interpretation. Lots of varied events that happen in town, such as catching an illness and being offered a "cure" from some nomadic halfling (all things transpire through text while in town) and signing up for quests at the guild hall. Hardcore difficulty available which is the same difficulty as normal, but when your heroes die, they stay dead.

Mostly battle-centric but scratches that deep D&D style RPG itch. Recommended.​
Tengami looks really nice. I am not much into SRPGs but Warhammer does look competent.
Great impressions. Also, you don't have a cold anymore and your voice is better, hah.
I don't have a key. But I rigged the door so the door handle falls of if you open it too rough. So it buys me a second because people open it slowly. Nobody pressed me to repair it, so it's something.
Haha, the ingenuity.

auroragoryalice

Neo Member
"Son, you mean to tell me you're actually playing a game about pretending to be a farmer/car mechanic and it's not some Panic Button thing?

Please tell me you're not into pigeons too like that creepy kid next door."

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

A interior door lever with a lock is $15-25. One with a keyed entry is $30-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom