• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

Oh God, Gunslugs II and Citizens of Earth look awesome.

BTW, anyone looking for another Earthbound/Mother style game, should check out Boot Hill Heroes.

And yeah, we all know GTA V PC will be delayed
I really hope not :(

Monooboe

A GTAV delay would be good for me, as I have tons I have to do during January/February... still I NEED IT, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!:D

Not sure if you guys know but Ninja Theory's PS4 exclusive game, Hellblade, is also going to make an appearance on the Personal Computer.

Stay tuned for more info regard this release here on the Steam Community Thread network.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
8f70c6ea.gif

A depressing game.

autoduelist

Why doesn't Valkyria Chronicles get hate? It's an "anime" game after all...

And people who call all of anime, be it games, movies, shows or whatever bad just because it's anime or has a anime like art style are just plain ignorant imo.

This isn't aimed just at your comment, but the several comments about 'this is/isn't anime'. People mistakenly using slightly incorrect genres is true of anything. Think about music - rap, country, metal, electronic... only fans of each genre know all the subgenres and what is what. Many people don't like 'rap', or 'country', or 'metal'. And while they might like a song here or there, that blanket dislike is generally true for them. If someone doesn't like 'electronic music', they're certainly not going to know the difference between, say, IDM and dubcore. But why care if someone doesn't like metal, or country, or rap? It doesn't really make them 'ignorant'. I'm sure there are genres in this world you dislike as a general rule.

As for this whole anime debate, I've watched (and enjoyed) some long ago, with an affinity for Vash the Stampede and Kenshin.

That said? I have to agree, many threads seem to suffer from feeling 'anime heavy' (psn thread does sometimes, too). I think the major cause of this is the gifs.

For example, if we start talking about roguelikes, we don't have 20 posts of people posting pictures like:
shot_5.gif

and fawning over how cute/sexy/whatever the ASCII characters are.

But we do get hit by heavy use of anime/etc gifs on a regular basis, even when not discussing anything of the sort. It does often feel like a barrage. And while I'm not offended by much at all, I can see where people that are sensitive to certain things will be very put off when, say, the images are risque. And remember, people not into anime will naturally lump anything 'animated' into a group, just like country music or rap. So all those images of DOA, etc, get included in that barrage.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with a side here. It's a forum. People talk. But it's important to understand why some feel put off by all of it, and I do think the images are the core reason. Twenty posts of discussion about an RPG do not feel as 'heavy' as twenty posts of images in terms of 'feel' when you're scrolling through. Consider this -- if you're scrolling through, and someone walks by while you scroll those 40 posts, what kind of forum would they think you're looking at? Games? Rpgs? Anime?

just a reminder:

and some new stuff:
I had Grav on my radar for some time. Always keep mixing it up with Planet Explorers and Cubic. They all look so similar.
Citizens of Earth looks fun. Thanks lashy!
Deus Ex Revision set to launch in February.
Looks like it adds what you would normally expect from these type of mods, textures, models, and shader improvements across the board, but also adds in some options that change the gameplay and music. Thankfully, the latter is optional for those that want to experience the game as it was originally intended, albeit with a graphical facelift.
http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-revision-expected-to-launch-in-february/
That does look cool. Maybe it'll prompt me to replay it again.
You only get the sword if you....hmmmm...beat him a certain way? You don't actually have to beat him to get the sword. Be advised that he has a ton of health for that early in the game, and he will one shot you with pretty much anything. There's a trick to beating him if you're stubborn and want to kill him (Dragons are weak to ________ in Souls games).
He's not a boss. He's more like a trap/obstacle.
Rapiers are decent weapons. They are all about stacking damage and critical hits; applying a resin to them and then getting multiple hits can stack tons of damage on slower enemies/bosses. Apart from that, they are backstab/riposte weapons. Their base damage is really low and you can't kick with one equipped (which means you can't knock away shields or push enemies off ledges), but backstabs gain extra damage compared to other weapons. On the other hand, rapiers can excel in PvP because you can stun lock players (enemies don't usually have the same weakness) and either stack damage quick or drain stamina.
So like everything in DS, lots of strengths and weaknesses to manage.
Hm, maybe I'll wait till I get some fire resistance ring or clothes or sth. If I become a ghost, do I become invisible for the Dragon?
I also don't know how rare the metals which give +15/+5 damage are, so I probably won't upgrade now :/

Currently trying to set up DSfix and DSMfix. Hm, anyone know where the official place of DSMfix is?

Thanks man for all your great tips!

EDIT: DSMfix is for mouse :/ Don't need that, play with DS3.

derExperte

Bloodshed Bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+bloodshed

Blood Knights - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Summoner
Guns of Icarus Online - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
To The Moon - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Last Inua - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Probably Archery - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Skilltree Saga
Chronology - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Making History II: The War of the World

When are they not?

When they offer 10% off or something like the first DLC for free.

Tizoc

Bloodshed Bundle:

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+bloodshed

Blood Knights - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Summoner
Guns of Icarus Online - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
To The Moon - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Last Inua - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Probably Archery - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Skilltree Saga
Chronology - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Making History II: The War of the World

When they offer 10% off or something like the first DLC for free.
Only want Last Inua from this bundle, but I assume that's the game most of the buyers are getting the bundle for :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Only want Last Inua from this bundle, but I assume that's the game most of the buyers are getting the bundle for :p
I only wanted that and Chronology. If you don't have the other games, selling the cards will net you back a decent amount of the cost, but you will need to put the unwanted games in your Steam account, if that bothers you.

We are at 98% of the 3rd (and final) bonus for pre orders on Dead or Alive.

I must thank all our loyal perverts for this dream to happen :)

I pre ordered

Dice

Heads up: Life is Strange preorder for 10% off went up at GMG, the HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG voucher stacks on to bring it to $14.04 but it ends tomorrow.

Heads up: Life is Strange preorder for 10% off went up at GMG, the HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG voucher stacks on to bring it to $14.04 but it ends tomorrow.

Is there a release schedule for that game yet? I feel like it will be at least half off by the time all episodes release, if they even loosely follow the Telltale schedule.

Tizoc

I'm gonna blindly hold out for a 25% discount code =X
Otherwise, the game for...$15ish is still good IMO.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a release schedule for that game yet? I feel like it will be at least half off by the time all episodes release, if they even loosely follow the Telltale schedule.

Being a Squeenix game I think the more pertinent question concerns how the game will be discounted: traditionally (i.e. the older it gets the greater the discount, regardless of how many episodes have released) or with a cap until it's a complete product (e.g. KR0 and its maximum discount of 25%)? If I were a betting man I'd go with the former.

Dice

Preordering an episodic game isn't about getting the biggest discount. If you care about that, of course always wait until all episodes are out, at which point they almost always immediately go for 50%-66% off, especially with a discount-happy publisher like western Square-Enix. But if the look of it appeals to you, and you're into getting content/discussing it with others as it comes out, and $2.33 an episode sounds reasonable to you, now is the time to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom