• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up: Life is Strange preorder for 10% off went up at GMG, the HAPPYN-EWYEAR-22OFFG voucher stacks on to bring it to $14.04 but it ends tomorrow.

It is episodic though, so I think I'd rather wait for them to finish releasing them all before purchasing it. With six weeks between episodes according to wiki, I'd probably forget much of what I did previously.

L.O.R.D

capsule_616x353.jpg

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER pre-order is up.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304240/

yes , soo , it still region locked ?
i miss trading

xezuru

So my DS4Windows suddenly stopped working (kind of).
Works for some games and programs, but then doesn't show up on things like Spelunky at all.
Any ideas?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Zoo Park -- MB-C9540CAD93943637 - Taken by HBP. 1 entrants total.
Chrome -- MB-4D2D43F90B6E2316
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-102B87DB64AB929A - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Iron Storm -- MB-FA417E74FB8A21C3 - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.
Post Master -- MB-D1408A640F49408D - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-1D37665405344611 - Taken by NihonTiger90. 2 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-6262966E601DEF96 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.

t1420739900z1.png
bundle stuff

Damn. It was the last post on the page :/
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Zoo Park -- MB-C9540CAD93943637 - Taken by HBP. 1 entrants total.
Chrome -- MB-4D2D43F90B6E2316
Chrome SpecForce -- MB-102B87DB64AB929A - Taken by Kuroyume
Iron Storm -- MB-FA417E74FB8A21C3 - Taken by factorone
Post Master -- MB-D1408A640F49408D - Taken by Chreznor
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-1D37665405344611 - Taken by NihonTiger90. 2 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-6262966E601DEF96 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.

t1420739900z1.png

Being a Squeenix game I think the more pertinent question concerns how the game will be discounted: traditionally (i.e. the older it gets the greater the discount, regardless of how many episodes have released) or with a cap until it's a complete product (e.g. KR0 and its maximum discount of 25%)? If I were a betting man I'd go with the former.

Eh, I feel like KR0 is treated more as an Early Access game which explains the discount behaviour... (which makes me wonder why every episodic game isn't automatically classified as Early Access, but whatever.)

Preordering an episodic game isn't about getting the biggest discount. If you care about that, of course always wait until all episodes are out, at which point they almost always immediately go for 50%-66% off, especially with a discount-happy publisher like western Square-Enix. But if the look of it appeals to you, and you're into getting content/discussing it with others as it comes out, and $2.33 an episode sounds reasonable to you, now is the time to act.
For both Life is Strange (and Dreamfall Chapters), I'd love to support the dev(s) but, unfortunately, I get no joy out of playing one 10-14 hour game over the course of six to eight months. There's just nothing to be gained by jumping in right away, no matter how great each episode is.

I'll still be there for episode 5 discussion, just like with TellTale's games.

bundle stuff

They make Chrome games now? Licensed video games have reached a new low.
Worry not, this is sarcasm.

MUnited83

For you.
how much is the Korra game worth if I don't give a shit about the anime and only care about Based Platinum?

I never saw a single episode of Korra or even Avatar and I enjoyed it a lot. You kinda need to do two full playthroughs to get the most enjoyment from it though.

fallout

Eh, I feel like KR0 is treated more as an Early Access game which explains the discount behaviour... (which makes me wonder why every episodic game isn't automatically classified as Early Access, but whatever.)
I assume Valve doesn't want to make things harder for developers that do a decent job of releasing episodic content.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Broke ass crying at RE HD

BTW what was the app people used to take a picture of all your steam games? I think I had the app but I dont remember the name or site.

Good sale! Better than I expected. Will need to check out a few titles.
The logo looks like an intern threw it together in 5 minutes though

Jawmuncher

Nothing from the anime sale I want with the discounts there.

However my recommendations are

Eryis Action
War of the Human Tanks
Planetarian ~Reverie of a little planet~

Games don't get enough love here and they're absokutely great.

Eryis Action is a troll platformer that is still fair. You have to cheat it right back and think of how to proceed through kinda like dark souls.

War of the human tanks is a visual novel coupled with a strategy game similar to battleship. However you have units with different functions that can search the area. It's a lot of fun especially when you get more units and upgrade them.

Lastly Planetarian is a really nice visual novel which isn't too long. Don't want to spoil anything about it though. It's a touching story and there's no typical VN stuff that the genre gets shit for in it.

Toki767

Feels like there aren't enough anime games on Steam. That sale has a lot of games, but it's kind of an underwhelming list.

Let me remind that 100% Orange Juice is %60 off which is the cheapest it got. Get a 4 pack if you enjoy simple multiplayer card/board game.

Maniac

Banned
I'm glad that you're enjoying Attack On Titans, but IMO, its not even close to being on the God Tier of great anime that have been ever been produced. The manga is still much better. But I mean you're enjoying it so that's all that matter. I'm just curious to see how many anime you have seen. Cause if you did indeed have seen most of it and the only one you liked was Attack On Titans then you my friend have a strange taste. But as I said, as long as you are enjoying something I guess that's all that matter. Now on the other hand if you have seen that many, then yeah there are some pretty amazing things you gotta try.
Well... FMA:B, Ghost, Naruto... Other things..? Heh. Watched a good bit, and AoT is the only one that's really hooked me thus far. I've yet to touch the manga, but my brother agrees that it's better... Buuuuut I'm gonna wait till after the next season until I touch it ;P

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well, yes, the point is that it's treated the way an incomplete product should be treated... but I wouldn't ascribe the Early Access label since from what I've noticed most actually follow the traditional discount process to some extent, haha. Games like Kerbal are the exception.

Ozium

at this point it seems the most sensible thing to re: Korra is to wait for Acti to give it the old 80% off a week before they pull it...

Maniac

Banned
Just to try and ask again: Does any of you lot have a decent recommendation in the way of HDDs? I need more space for games I wont play!

Chariot

Look at this thing! Valve's finally given up on their sales.

NinjaEdit: One Way Heroics is in the sale! Buy it!
For 0%?

which anime games are good?

I already have TiTS and the Ys games
Recettear is pretty funny. You're playing a shopkeeper, buying and selling items for townspeople and adventurers and run through dungeons with your adventurer friends to get free stuff for your shop.

Long Live the Queen is so good, it even appeals to my non-anime friends. Form the princess your way and get her to the coronation without dying.

Valve Time™ is probably delaying the proper discount for One Way Heroics.
For 0%?

Recettear is pretty funny. You're playing a shopkeeper, buying and selling items for townspeople and adventurers and run through dungeons with your adventurer friends to get free stuff for your shop.

Long Live the Queen is so good, it even appeals to my non-anime friends. Form the princess your way and get her to the coronation without dying.

I've heard that Valve's sales are legendary, so it must be a good deal.

Buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom