• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Neither can I, Eryi's is a game designed to frustrate the player. And not the best at it, I'd recommend playing Syobon Action (free) instead.

I regret even typing that now. I put that there since my playstyle of DS as well as the feelings tDS gave me. We're similar to how I felt in ERyis Action.

Ozium

But I think it looks like an upside down set of ovaries.

hmm.... I can kind of see that...

roguelike maps are the rorschach tests of the new millennium confirmed

edit: I think I have that Eryi game and it like counts deaths or something or it goes to negative numbers which makes me mad and like you are walking around and then you clip through the floor... there is nothing to warn you or hint towards this you just have to memorize when to jump, but it doesn't control like a mario game no it controls like your generic sloppy indie platformer so the djadjasjaskashakjh ugh

Phawx

LPs and Quick Impressions GO

My Let's Play of Cubot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQXT8lEZGAo

header.jpg

Quick Impressions: Initially starts off as a standard cube-based transport puzzle, but quickly starts to seperate itself from the pack by implementing multiple cubes that have different properties (Double roll, reverse roll, reverse double roll) and color-based mechanisms that impede flow. The first four stages are easy enough and can be treated a lite tutorials even though it's definitely a part of the game. I'm a fan of transport/sokoban type puzzle games and Cubot exceeding my expectations. Nice chill game.​

My Let's Play of GoScurry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjcrRuT4yg

header.jpg

Quick Impressions: Skill-based endless runner type. Turning takes a bit of practice to get right. There is this motion your ship makes when you turn that kind of works like a wave of sorts. The result is that if you turn just too early, even just a little bit, you'll fall off the edge of the track. But, if you turn late, like you're going-to-go-off-the-tracks late, you'll survive. It's not totally unfair, but it takes a bit to calibrate and when it starts getting hectic with the turns, it's very easy to lose. Outside of that you can control your boost (which I prefer to toggle on) and you need to jump and dodge out of obstacles that procedurally come in your way.

Music is good. Here's a gif of one of my runs.

http://i.imgur.com/jaLXm5q.gifv

Yakkue

Just how when you mess up you try something new to proceed. That's how I play dark souls anyway.

That's how I play most games. Just trying the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different result doesn't sound like a good strategy ;)

Neither can I, Eryi's is a game designed to frustrate the player. And not the best at it, I'd recommend playing Syobon Action (free) instead.

It is frustrating, but so so satisfying once you get it right. I really enjoyed how varied the stages and boss fights were, and how in hindsight the solutions to most of the problems just seem so obvious and easy, but they still took me ages to figure out.
I'll look into Syobon Action, thanks for the recommendation!

Chariot

Valve Time™ is probably delaying the proper discount for One Way Heroics.

I've heard that Valve's sales are legendary, so it must be a good deal.

Buy it!
It's gone :(

The only issue with LLTQ is convincing people to give it a chance
My issue with LLTQ is that it doesn't have the narrator from the trailer :p

aRcCzHnZvMye.png

What a sale!
Joke aside does anybody actually see the sale price?
It's not here for me at all. I know it was, but they removed it probably.

I finally played Luftrausers yesterday.

I had initially put it off a bit because howlongtobeat said it was 8 hours of content.

I saw impressions here indicating it gets old after about an hour.

I think an hour is about what I played so far. I might try it again some other time, but I'm mostly done. I wouldn't mind unlocking more of the plane parts, but doing the same score attack over and over again to unlock them is a bit repetitive. At least I finally took out one of those big ships/carriers.

HoosTrax

Korra was there from the very beginning. Even in that picture from before. I know, because we talked quite a bit about this and that related to it being there. :D
Oh ok. I noticed it only just now I guess. Well then it's probably one of those things where Steam forgot to get permission to put a game on sale or something.

you are dead to me!

edited: I got carried away by above post and forgot what I was about to post, it's cheapest Agarest:GoW has ever been.

I like everything about it except actually playing it :( Everything just seems to happen randomly. The idea is great but it's just not for me. I'm sorry!

Teeth

Hm, maybe I'll wait till I get some fire resistance ring or clothes or sth. If I become a ghost, do I become invisible for the Dragon?
I also don't know how rare the metals which give +15/+5 damage are, so I probably won't upgrade now :/

Currently trying to set up DSfix and DSMfix. Hm, anyone know where the official place of DSMfix is?

Thanks man for all your great tips!

EDIT: DSMfix is for mouse :/ Don't need that, play with DS3.

Even with the highest fire resistance armor in the game, you will still likely die to the dragon fire in one shot. Like I said, he's more of an obstacle/puzzle fight than anything, and you don't get much of anything for killing him. Just let him go and move on.

Normal weapons are improved with titanite. Titanite Shards are quite common. You can farm them from the skeletons and knights in the Undead Parish church area. The shards take normal weapons from level 1 to level 5. Then to power them up from beyond that, you'll need Large Titanite Shards, which are used to get from level 6 to level 10. They are somewhat common and farmable from a common enemy at the bottom of Blighttown or bought from a blacksmith later in the game. Then Titanite Chunks take your weapons from level 11 to level 14. They are decently rare, but can be farmed from enemies (somewhat slowly) that are in the bottom of New Londo. Finally, to get a weapon to level 15, you'll need a Titanite Slab. They are super rare. Like one or two per normal playthrough. Also, you'll need an item to give to the blacksmith to even let you get to the upper levels.

To level up infused weapons, you'll need different coloured titanite, which are decently rare, and only certain blacksmiths can do it.

Unique weapons use Twinkling Titanite, which are decently rare, but can be bought for a ton of souls near the end of the game.

Dragon Bone is used to upgrade Dragon weapons and they are very rare/super expensive.

Boss weapons are upgraded by Demon Titanite (i think). Very rare.

HOT TIP: Don't upgrade armor unless you have more titanite than you know what to do with (which you won't), it's basically useless.

Upgrading your weapon is more important than upgrading your character. Seriously, the difference between a level 1 weapon and level 5 weapon is HUGE. Pick a weapon you like and stick with it. DO NOT spread your titanite around unless you like grinding.

I don't know what you mean by saying "become a ghost", you'll have to clarify that for me. Do you mean Hollow? Sunken Dragon Ring? A spell? As far as I know, there's no way to become totally invisible to enemies.

So, Steam user John posted this recommendation for Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders, showering the freshly-released iOS-to-PC port with praise.
Just John said:
Recommended
4.7 hrs last two weeks / 4.7 hrs on record
Posted: 8 Jan @ 4:55am

Awesome game!
Realistic planes, great controll, complex missions and the multiplayer rocks!

This is definitly a MUST BUY, especially at this low price!

Sky Gamblers is developed by Atypical Games, located in Romania. Steam user John is also located in Romania. If I could see their whole staff list, I bet John would be there.

Steam user review transparency!
Believe!

Chariot

I like everything about it except actually playing it :( Everything just seems to happen randomly. The idea is great but it's just not for me. I'm sorry!
Which is funny since there is zero chance in LLTQ :D
It's about slowly recognizing all threats and working against them. I doubt that anybody survives their first attempts.

Which is funny since there is zero chance in LLTQ :D
It's about slowly recognizing all threats and working against them. I doubt that anybody survives their first attempts.
Randomly is the wrong word. I don't like the fact that you level up your stats, but you really have no clue in what way they will help you or not. Events happen and X or Y happens depending on what stat you leveled up. I feel that I have no control over my fate.

I know you're supposed to replay the game multiple times, but then it just becomes a matter of following a flowchart of "correct" decisions. I need to try it again because the idea still sounds like a game I should like, but my time with it just left me disappointed. :/

Arthea

nothing is random in that game btw, nothing!
But it takes time to get to know how things work, and I understand that being not someone's type of a game, I just can't agree with no fun part (><)

pahamrick

So, I finally broke down and called my cable company about seeing what I could do to get an upgrade for my service because we were constantly going over the cap (250GB) and getting charged $10 for an extra 50GB after my sister and nephew moved in.

Turns out, for an extra $5 a month I was able to go from the 15Mbps plan to the 50Mbps plan and get the higher cap (350GB)

4043893344.png

I think I'll take this as my birthday present.

Chariot

Randomly is the wrong word. I don't like the fact that you level up your stats, but you really have no clue in what way they will help you or not. Events happen and X or Y happens depending on what stat you leveled up. I feel that I have no control over my fate.

I know you're supposed to replay the game multiple times, but then it just becomes a matter of following a flowchart of "correct" decisions. I need to try it again because the idea still sounds like a game I should like, but my time with it just left me disappointed. :/
Ah, I can understand that.

Say can I...uncensor that game? I actually got it from a Russian trader for $10.
I miss 2014 already...
Only if you buy the uncensored version from outwards, which is even more expensive than the steam version. You can copy the files over.

Lomax

New Humble Bundle looks more like it should be an Indie Gala bundle.

And regarding all the anime talk, seriously, you guys are over reacting a bit. There was hardly any anime talk in this months thread until the announcement of *gasp* an anime related steam sale. And there was waaaaaay more posts complaining about the anime talk than there was actual anime talk.

What is the difference between Agarest and Agarest Zero?

I feel like this question was answered at least ten time in steam threads!
but whatever, Zero is prequel of GoW.

Except that answer doesn't really answer anything? Unless you're trying to say the two games are exactly alike.

Personally I'm interested in getting one of the two eventually (I know realistically I'd never play both) and it's pretty clear there are differences in the games. According to the steam forums, Zero is a more streamlined game, which sounds more appealing honestly. But I'd love a more detailed breakdown on the differences even if it was just "the first one has better fan service."

Edit - sorry if that came across as hostile, it wasn't intended that way, it's just that it does seem like the question gets asked a lot but never answered in a detailed fashion.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So Zero is the better game.

1360041849405.png

Lets see if selling cards lets me buy the first game at least lol.

EDIT: Looking at the estimates I might make it if people actually buys them. Semi-yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom