• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Anyone know the deal with dlgamer? I've never bought from them before, but everything I read points to them being legit.

Hektor

Anyone know the deal with dlgamer? I've never bought from them before, but everything I read points to them being legit.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171736

They at least appear on Bethesdas legitimate resellers list. That doesn't ultimately make them legit nessecarily, but it shows that they at least sell legit keys too.

I preordered XCOM 2.

Internet-high-five-300x278.jpg

Benedict

Found this in my virtual sofa. Don't ask how it got there...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-B28C5A96187333B1 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

Indie Gala Rockin' ANIME BUNDLE IS LIVE!

TIER 1 Pay $1 and get the following 2 Steam Games.

Diadra Empty (STEAM)
Hitogata Happa (STEAM)

TIER 2 Pay $1.99 (SPECIAL 24 Hour Launch Price) and get all 7 Fantastic ANIME Steam Games.

Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition HD (STEAM)
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils (STEAM)
Gundemonium Recollection (STEAM)
GundeadliGne (STEAM)
SUGURI (STEAM)

Damn. I bought five of those games during the Winter Seal. Egg on my face.

Can't bring myself to buy this bundle just for Bunny Must Die! =/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
About Gundemonium Recollection: recently had another go at the final boss
on novice
, steal couldn't beat it. I discovered that one character (Eryth) has a slow mo ability, and it helps, but not enough. When she clones herself, I'm done (and there are like 4 more stages after that...)

MaxiLive

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-6F84EE11E6635307 - Taken by MaxiLive. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-FCCA52E45E230735 - Taken by septicore. 11 entrants total.
Mystery Gift -- MB-92BFD00A931755CD - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 4 entrants total.

Yay I won! But it's DLC for something. I have no idea for what game though but apparently I must own the original game before activating it... Is there any way to check what game/dlc gift #3 actually is?

About Gundemonium Recollection: recently had another go at the final boss
on novice
, steal couldn't beat it. I discovered that one character (Eryth) has a slow mo ability, and it helps, but not enough. When she clones herself, I'm done (and there are like 4 more stages after that...)

I forget which Gunde- game it was but I was fighting this boss. She did a charging attack. When it connected I went from FIVE lives to NONE.

Biggest WTF moment. I've never seen that in a 2D shooter before.

Jawmuncher

No, just no.

Let's be real here, we all know why the humans lost.
It would be interesting if the game actually talks about it in some capacity. It's a common fear that alien's could come to easily rule over us through sex appeal. Give the entire planet free love, and swoop in while everyone's pant's are down literally. With the only one's alive those who had strong feeling's against the aliens so no STD virus was transmitted to them. Thus making the resistance in Xcom 2.

dex3108

Going back to GTA V after Witcher 3 was painful. GTA V map is so empty in comparison to Witcher 3 maps. There is nothing interesting to discover in Los Santos :(

Jawmuncher

Franbow just got cards.

Fran Bow trading cards!
JANUARY 11 - KILLMONDAY
Hello adventurers! <3
We are happy to finally share with you the trading cards of Fran Bow! 5 profile backgrounds, 7 emoticons, 7 trading cards and some awesome badges are waiting to be collected!
Are you having troubles playing the game? Random images or black screen? Try out the patch here until we have the next update ready.

Click here for patch.

Happy collecting and gaming! :)
Killmonday Games

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
To steal a joke from Alex Navarro and everyone else on twitter:

More like SeXCOM 2! Amirite?

Ok I'll show my self out.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Kev Bayliss joins Playtonic!

As S Club 7’s HR team probably once said, there ain’t no update like an employment update - especially when it involves legendary character artist Mr. Kev Bayliss.

r3qyVe2.jpg

In his previous life, Kev was one of the first employees at Rare. As ‘Graphics Director’ he created the memorable character casts for a plethora of gaming classics including Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Diddy Kong Racing and StarFox Adventures.

However, the prestigious scribbler is perhaps most famous for his work forming the origins of Donkey Kong Country, working with Shigeru Miyamoto to create the modern Donkey Kong and sidekick Diddy (the DKC art team also included Playtonic employees Steve Mayles, Steven Hurst and Mark Stevenson.)

Kev’s been flirting (and sketching) with Playtonic for a while now, but clearly our new kitchen facilities have been enough to convince him to go steady. We’ll let him explain in his own words below.

See the Playtonic Team page for further staff-related analysis. For a more detailed catch up on Kev's career read our Kev Bayliss interview from last summer. Welcome aboard, Kev!

After working at Rare for nearly 20 years (since the 80s!) it was nice to be able to take a break from games when I eventually left in 2005. I’ve worked on a few music and art projects since then, but I also missed being part of a video game team.

The timing with Playtonic was perfect. After meeting up with the team last year it became obvious to me that this was something I had to be a part of. I hadn’t seen some of the Playtonic team for almost a decade, but the environment and dynamic they’d recreated at the studio felt as though I’d been transported back to the 90s – in a good way!

Yu6I9FP.jpg

One of Kev's Yooka-Laylee creations

For the past six months I've been travelling up and down the country to spend a couple of days a week with the team, but now I’m in the process of re-locating to work fulltime at Playtonic. This year my wife and I are moving much nearer to where the studio is located, and it'll take me 15 minutes to get into work, rather than two hours. So that means more graphics, and speedier development time!

To date I’ve really enjoyed contributing characters to Yooka-Laylee and working within the office environment. So far I've built a variety of silly characters for the game, from concept sketch right through to the final models and animation. I had to spend a bit of time getting back up to scratch with technology, but thankfully a few months of nagging the other artists sorted that!

In the future I’d love to rekindle some of the ideas I've had since leaving Rare, and help bring to life some of those even bigger, bolder character concepts that have been brewing in my head. I've so many ideas, old and new, so it's going to be great fun filling that little logo-flask with more stars.

In short, it's like old times, but new! There are fantastic group of people here and we all have the same ambitions. I'm very pleased and feel very lucky to be connected to the company now, and really excited about the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom