• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Siege does have single player content in the form of Situations. They're great for learning maps and understanding how some operators work.
I vastly prefer these no context, helpful missions to some excessive, pointless Battlefield style campaign which would've been torn apart by critics and players alike anyway.

Still what Rainbow Six Siege has is light compared to others. It was good that they didn't waste resources on what you said. But I don't think too many people could buy R6:S as a singe player title and walk away impressed.

Skii

Glad I bought Life Is Strange during the steam sales. Only half way through episode 2 but I can already tell it's going to be one of my favourites for this year.

Dr Dogg

Just when I thought I was hitting the wall with TIS-100 one of my so barmy, it shouldn't really work solutions comes off and then I starting feeling like Hannibal from The A Team. Either my inspirational soundtrack is motivating me to new heights or I'm a fluky bastard. Maybe a little of both.

I recently bought a new set of headphones, the Sennheiser HD 598's, and they arrived today. The FLAC version of Transistor's soundtrack sounds better than ever through them, have to find some more great video game soundtracks now.

Did you get the gaudy cream and red version? I've spent move on new headphones this year already than I'd like to admit.

Endruen

I recently bought a new set of headphones, the Sennheiser HD 598's, and they arrived today. The FLAC version of Transistor's soundtrack sounds better than ever through them, have to find some more great video game soundtracks now.
Undertale, Umineko and Crypt of the Necrodancer are the first ones to come to my mind.
Speaking of the later, I've tried games like Rythm Paradise and at the beginning I enjoy them, but when it becomes hard I'm very bad at them (I think I have no rythm), the Easter Island level in Rythm Paradise nearly made me broke my DS touchscreen out of rage.
Would I be able to play it?

Uzzy

Did you get the gaudy cream and red version? I've spent move on new headphones this year already than I'd like to admit.

It's more cream and brown, but yeah.

square_louped_hd_598_01_sq_sennheiser.png

Hotline Miami 2 breh.

Undertale, Umineko and Crypt of the Necrodancer are the first ones to come to my mind.
Speaking of the later, I've tried games like Rythm Paradise and at the beginning I enjoy them, but when it becomes hard I'm very bad at them (I think I have no rythm), the Easter Island level in Rythm Paradise nearly made me broke my DS touchscreen out of rage.
Would I be able to play it?

Good suggestions. I was planning on playing Undertale right after I finish SOMA, as I want to see if it'll rank on my top five of the year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just when I thought I was hitting the wall with TIS-100 one of my so barmy, it shouldn't really work solutions comes off and then I starting feeling like Hannibal from The A Team. Either my inspirational soundtrack is motivating me to new heights or I'm a fluky bastard. Maybe a little of both.

I really should be playing TIS-100. But I've got so many other things on my gaming plate at the moment. It sounds like something I'd like though.

Dr Dogg

I really should be playing TIS-100. But I've got so many other things on my gaming plate at the moment. It sounds like something I'd like though.

Honestly stay away if you value your free time because it's super addictive the further and more varied the possible solutions for the puzzle get. Even more so when you see the leaderboards that offer you up a histogram of the community scores with a peak showing popular solutions and then actual numerical scores for folks on your friends list. So while I know I've got slim to fuck all chance of getting near some of the more CS experienced folks on GAF but if I can get a score that's inbetween them and the average community score I'm more than happy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Honestly stay away if you value your free time because it's super addictive the further and more varied the possible solutions for the puzzle get. Even more so when you see the leaderboards that offer you up a histogram of the community scores with a peak showing popular solutions and then actual numerical scores for folks on your friends list. So while I know I've got slim to fuck all chance of getting near some of the more CS experienced folks on GAF but if I can get a score that's inbetween them and the average community score I'm more than happy.

All I'm reading here is a thinly veiled advertisement and endorsement. Like those Amazon reviews of noise-cancelling headphones where they say "they're good, but I was listening to music and didn't hear my roomate getting murdered in the next room over".

Nillansan

Cross-posting this from the Stranger of Sword City ESRB thread.
I got an interesting response about this from Prinny Supervisor (one of the localization team I believe) over on NISA's forums:

Will you be publishing the PC version of the game as has been rated by ESRB?

We have no plans to...

If you're wondering, the reason it's rated for PC and Vita is because of the ESRB's console tier system. It's way easier to just list the product as being available for Vita and PC during the initial rating than to have to potentially do a resubmission if and when we ever decide to go to PC. Almost every game we publish from this year on will probably be rated for PC too as a formality. Doesn't always mean something's in the pipeline.

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=881964#p881964

Sounds a bit like the "we have no plans" response about Hyperdevotion Noire that someone from IFI provided back when that was rated for PC.

The SteamDB leak tells me otherwise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The app hasn't been touched since it was uploaded, although that doesn't necessarily mean development has been abandoned.

Dr Dogg

All I'm reading here is a thinly veiled advertisement and endorsement. Like those Amazon reviews of noise-cancelling headphones where they say "they're good, but I was listening to music and didn't hear my roomate getting murdered in the next room over".

Ha! I'd say looking at my last 50 odd posts on GAF it's become a bit of an evangelical obsession to say the least. Well I think I need to step back for a few days as it's seriously clouding my judgement on my SteamGAF GOTY ballot. I had it all filled out and ready to send off to you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of milena87, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (milena87, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen #2 -- MB-121FF37D654E129B - Taken by TheAutomator. 36 entrants total.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-0BF6CDEE647031AD - Taken by Leafhopper. 52 entrants total.

t1452548080z1.png

Grief.exe

What headphones did you get?

Lol no plans.

Honestly like a third of GAF's active moderators got addicted to TIS-100 and lost most of December to it.

No wonder I didn't get banned.

Pfft, red-headed waifu 4 lyfe ;)

is she in that scene instead if youre hanging out with her?

Even though i thought triss was a great character, it seemed that Yen was Geralt's love of his life so i stayed true to his wishes and shipped him with Yen.

I was tempted to go with Triss but i thought it wasn't cool to lead her on. It's weirdly the only game ive played where it captures the whole youre-my-ex-that-i-have-feelings-for-but-im-moving-on pretty well, which is an almost silly thing for something called the witcher 3 to have nailed

AHA-Lambda

Jesus Christ Steam =s

https://youtu.be/G57b9XwbWbE

is she in that scene instead if youre hanging out with her?

Even though i thought triss was a great character, it seemed that Yen was Geralt's love of his life so i stayed true to his wishes and shipped him with Yen.

I was tempted to go with Triss but i thought it wasn't cool to lead her on. It's weirdly the only game ive played where it captures the whole youre-my-ex-that-i-have-feelings-for-but-im-moving-on pretty well, which is an almost silly thing for something called the witcher 3 to have nailed

No she's not there but I've kinda been winding Yen up instead; paid for it with a trip to the lake :p

I stuck with Triss as she's my girl from the previous 2 games, and I've not read the books so have no real attachment to Yen. Plus she's really domineering and bossy so the redhead wins :p

Nillansan

Well you can sit on an app and do nothing with it. However I don't see why they wouldn't. Every Neptunia game seems to be a good seller for what they are.

I know, I just hope that it doesn't end up like Lollipop Chainsaw. That one hit me right in the guts. Aren't the Hyperdimension Neptunia games developed and published by Idea Factory?

The app hasn't been touched since it was uploaded, although that doesn't necessarily mean development has been abandoned.

Thank you, I hope that development picks up after Disgaea PC is released.

Jawmuncher

I know, I just hope that it doesn't end up like Lollipop Chainsaw. That one hit me right in the guts. Aren't the Hyperdimension Neptunia games developed and published by Idea Factory?

Thank you, I hope that development picks up after Disgaea PC is released.

I think so, could be a case of he knows nothing about it since he's not working on it.
Or they could just be lying, not like they'll confirm leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom