• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Pretty sure a 970 draws around 150 watts. You don't need a massive psu for it.
Pretty sure that's average usage (read: not while gaming with everything turned on)
CPU TDP is also calculated on "average" usage and not under full load, which can be 1.5-2 times the TDP value, especially when overclocked.

Knurek

Related to VR: I have a 430W Seasonic Bronze PSU. Would it be safe to drop in a GTX 970? CPU is an OC'd i5 (4.0 Ghz). I'm reading conflicting reports.

Corsair 430m PSU here

970 (Gigabyte, miniITX), non OC
i7-4790K, non OC
2 SSD drives
2 magnetic HDD drives
bunch of USB devices (gamepad, docking station, bluetooth, up to 2 USB pendrives)

No problems, hangs, crashes so far. Even after 100% CPU+GPU usage stress tests.

You should be okay provided you don't play the overclocking game.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Lifeless

3D Dot Game Heroes 3DRPG

ss_bd7fcf213a2e190178cf25262a7854df4e005e3e.1920x1080.jpg
ss_0d8931c5fdf86c144cd42fd5f47a5c0d0a788311.1920x1080.jpg
ss_ece326db3a169df847ca0e8bd5b761d3c94778a2.1920x1080.jpg
ss_854e9859ff2169d71305dc598b8775e882ff193b.1920x1080.jpg

Grief.exe

Some dude in one of the Marvel threads is talking about how Benedict Cumberbatch has zero mainstream appeal. Hence why Dr.Strange is going to likely flop. Like WTF.

There's a dedicated thread for that discussion, so just keep it in there if possible.

Lash! You big jerk!

Now you have me dreaming about more From Software games available on PC and off dead platforms and would be profitable for one of our favorite developers.

They have a varied library too, Armored Core, Otogi, I think King's Field would be successful on the platform.

Parsnip

Another day, another successful operation

Everybody lives, nobody got hurt. today is a good day

MVP is Paham Rick with 4 kills

Next time there's room in the squad, recruit me.
You know you want to. Finland wasn't an option in vanilla xcom, I wonder if they added any flags in Long War.

I really should play that.

Pachimari

Rain World looks so good:

Scavengers can hear you now
AnguishedVastFinnishspitz.gif

This is more close to where we actually want the creature to go. Fleeing and fighting are very necessary skills in Rain World so they had to be implemented, but the character of this creature is going to be more cautious, curious, communicative.

In the gif you can see how the scavenger hears me jumping around and decides to go check it out. The yellow meter on the utility comparer is curiosity for unresolved sounds - as you can see it's capped pretty low, meaning that urges to fight or flee etc will basically always take precedence, but if the scavenger has nothing do it might decide to go check a strange noise out.

Especially what's in this post.

iosefe

Next time there's room in the squad, recruit me.
You know you want to. Finland wasn't an option in vanilla xcom, I wonder if they added any flags in Long War.

I really should play that.

will do

Anyway, another mission down...

Unfortunately, a thin man got a good shot on a poor red shirt recruit.

PFC Pamela Woods, you were an asset to our squad. on this first mission alone, you took down 3 of those bastard before they got to you. Bless your soul, Pamela, i hope there are shooting ranges in heaven for you.

I had a close call with Fresco Vegetablés. he nearly died, but was able to pull through to the end, killing that god damn thin man that took down Pamela.

Fresco and Pamela had a long history, growing up in the same neighborhood. Life in XCOM will be tougher for Fresco now that Pamela is gone.

will do

Anyway, another mission down...

Unfortunately, a thin man got a good shot on a poor red shirt recruit.

PFC Pamela Woods, you were an asset to our squad. on this first mission alone, you took down 3 of those bastard before they got to you. Bless your soul, Pamela, i hope there are shooting ranges in heaven for you.

I had a close call with Fresco Vegetablés. he nearly died, but was able to pull through to the end, killing that god damn thin man that took down Pamela.

Fresco and Pamela had a long history, growing up in the same neighborhood. Life in XCOM will be tougher for Fresco now that Pamela is gone.

R.I.P. Pam. I guess I'm not out of the hospital for another three weeks, right?

Tizoc

There's a dedicated thread for that discussion, so just keep it in there if possible.

Lash! You big jerk!

Now you have me dreaming about more From Software games available on PC and off dead platforms and would be profitable for one of our favorite developers.

They have a varied library too, Armored Core, Otogi, I think King's Field would be successful on the platform.

From titles that need to be on Steam already
METAL WOLF CHAOS
Armored Core
King's Field
Otogi
Enchanted Arms
METAL WOLF CHAOS
whatever PSOne and PS2 titls they developed and released
METAL WOLF CHAOS

Off the top of my head for now.

Jazz573

From titles that need to be on Steam already
METAL WOLF CHAOS
Armored Core
King's Field
Otogi
Enchanted Arms
METAL WOLF CHAOS
whatever PSOne and PS2 titls they developed and released
METAL WOLF CHAOS

Off the top of my head for now.

Chromehounds?

Bloodborne (ha, I wish)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We all know who the waifu of the year is.

69AEDD5138C7C034403C549995185F79DF35E746

Don't even try to debate it SteamGAF. Just don't.
What's the in-universe explanation for her breasts not moving at all? I'm sure they are hard sacks she keeps a reserve supply of air in or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom