• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The truth is out there.
All you need to know is that Chie is best.
I've started playing Persona 4 Golden not so long ago so if you're talking about Chie Satonaka then yes, she's pretty cool. All character's are great so far, though. Charming game.
I still don't know what Waifu means.
Reading some of the responses I might want to keep it that way.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jack The Nipper:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jack The Nipper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Dwarf Run -- MB-F5AFF74ABBF05F6D - Taken by Costa1774. 6 entrants total.
Militia -- MB-2E9DD265770524EA - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 3 entrants total.
Notrium -- MB-DCB78562703DDA48 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.

t1452623833z1.png

I think some can enjoy these games. Turn based/point click isn't always my style if so the dwarf game actually looks pretty good.

people didn't even want to spend $600 on a console, no way in hell they'd try to sell one of their add ons that they'll abandon in less than a year for $800. Also I think VIve will be the most expensive out of the 3 VR systems, that one i can totally see being $800.

can't wait til VR becomes affordable in 2020

ive mentioned before, the best case scenario right now would be PSVR getting either official or unofficial PC support so that we don't need 2-3 headsets to be able to experience VR on different platforms. Hopefully, Sony sees some sense in this, they seem to be okay with the DS4 on the PC, have been releasing some of their sony published titles on steam as of late, and perhaps they realize that having the PSVR be the cheapest decent headset on the market would be super appealing to those on the only other platform that seems to be taking VR seriously.

Even microsoft let the kinect play well with PCs

OmarYusaf

ive mentioned before, the best case scenario right now would be PSVR getting either official or unofficial PC support so that we don't need 2-3 headsets to be able to experience VR on different platforms. Hopefully, Sony sees some sense in this, they seem to be okay with the DS4 on the PC, have been releasing some of their sony published titles on steam as of late, and perhaps they realize that having the PSVR be the cheapest decent headset on the market would be super appealing to those on the only other platform that seems to be taking VR seriously.

Thats too sensible to fly in corporate land, I feel.

Anteater

well if PSVR has a lower cost, they could probably profit from it if it works on pc, especially when all their competitors are selling at a higher price

it would also be very interesting if that's the case if a playstation VR is more popular

Backlogger

I'm okay dropping cash on VR, but I want to understand it better, see what games benefit from it or shine with a VR headset to see if its really worth its cost.

I just don't want to be an early adopter and am casually optimistic about its future success in gaming, esp at those prices.

The other side is if I am going to drop $500-$700 on a gaming upgrade this year I think I would rather do a partial rebuild of my rig with new RAM, Mobo, processor or maybe grab a FreeSync monitor.

That is where I sit with it. Maybe in a couple years when it has proven itself I will jump on it.

Anteater

lost in nightmares is kind of on the lame side so far

it's like they're trying too hard to make it non combat oriented but it's not too interesting at the same time

Jawmuncher

lost in nightmares is kind of on the lame side so far

it's like they're trying too hard to make it non combat oriented but it's not too interesting at the same time

It's a lot better than desperate escape. Personally I think it works better than what the Rev games attempted.

Anteater

It's a lot better than desperate escape. Personally I think it works better than what the Rev games attempted.

rev and lost in nightmares seem to be designed with similar mindset, lost in nightmares feels like proto RE revelations

lol and is desperate escape actually worse?

It goes in hard on the RE1 nostalgia.

yeah, I don't mind the mansion section with the RE1 nostalgia stuff, but that section was basically a walking simulator

Jawmuncher

rev and lost in nightmares seem to be designed with similar mindset, lost in nightmares feels like proto RE revelations

lol and is desperate escape actually worse?

yeah, I don't mind the mansion section with the RE1 nostalgia stuff, but that section was basically a walking simulator

Desperate escape is just a swarm of dudes running at you and a survival in a small box. It's desperate indeed. Never played that DLC more than what I needed to get all trophies.

iosefe

Another day, another successful operation

Everybody lives, nobody got hurt. today is a good day

MVP is Paham Rick with 4 kills

Anteater

Desperate escape is just a swarm of dudes running at you and a survival in a small box. It's desperate indeed. Never played that DLC more than what I needed to get all trophies.

meh

well game certainly looks cool still graphically, the dlcs give me an excuse to replay it

Anteater

omg people complaining about dragon's dogma's unlock time

"but it unlocks at a time when I have to work"

play it after you're done with work omg

Haunted

I've already forgotten where we left The Fall.

But I remember loving my time with it and being excited about what's to come. So I'll hold on that feeling until I can play the next one.

Rise of the Tomb Raider's garbage combat

i remember back in the day input lag was being called weighty controls and it's a cool thing and people who dislike it are filthy casuals

i mean who doesn't like weighty menu selections like the dev intended
Killzone 2 felt weighty and that was a good thing.

I won't hear otherwise.

I won't hear it!

Sluggish and imprecise camera controls in a third person shooter is a bad thing, though. Admittedly, I haven't followed the new Tomb Raider, but this is the first I'm hearing of this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've already forgotten where we left The Fall.

But I remember loving my time with it and being excited about what's to come. So I'll hold on that feeling until I can play the next one.

ending spoilers
you discover that there's no one in the suit after playing the whole game working to unlock the suit's AI from its restraints with the only reason to do so being to preserve the life of the supposed body inside of it

im not sure where you go from there, really, but it was a hell of a twist on the adventure genre. It's telling that i finish nearly a 100 games a year yet that's one of the endings that has stuck with me while others come and go

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
alright...will stay away from that one then

It's just an activation restriction. FlyVPN no longer offers Brazil among its free account servers, but VyprVPN has a free "limited plan" with a 500MB monthly cap, which is more than enough for the occasional key activation.

iosefe

And ANOTHER FLawless victory!

Final blow goes to Guy Hatter. and such a good shot it was. right at the edge of his attack range.

rtcn63

Related to VR: I have a 430W Seasonic Bronze PSU. Would it be safe to drop in a GTX 970? CPU is an OC'd i5 (4.0 Ghz). I'm reading conflicting reports.

Related to VR: I have a 430W Seasonic Bronze PSU. Would it be safe to drop in a GTX 970? CPU is an OC'd i5 (4.0 Ghz). I'm reading conflicting reports.

a PSU is a cheap upgrade, i recently upgraded to a 750w (might be more, i need to check) for under $40.

430w sounds way too low for a mid-high to high video card these days

rtcn63

a PSU is a cheap upgrade, i recently upgraded to a 750w (might be more, i need to check) for under $40.

430w sounds way too low for a mid-high to high video card these days

Don't want to buy a new PSU cause it means fudging with everything. It runs my 670 fine, and I built the tower before VR was a feasibility.

If I can't, I'm probably just gonna save up for a new build in the two years or so.

Turfster

I wouldn't.
Combined, those are already 250-300W average.
Add in a couple of drives and other stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom