• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

LashBot status: ONLINE
feDvRqL.jpg

garath

I'm having trouble even coming up with 5 2015 games I played. League of Legends and cs:go eat up most of my gaming time.

Pillars is probably number 1 on my list. Didn't even buy witcher 3 yet. Invisible Inc probably gets a spot too. I'm reaching after that though. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
#1 league of legends
#2 league of legends
#3 league of legends
#4 league of legends
#5 league of legends

honorable mentions: undertale

#1 league of legends
#2 league of legends
#3 league of legends
#4 league of legends
#5 league of legends

honorable mentions: undertale

there are some in here that would even argue that LoL has better characters than undertale.

I think it's an argument worth having here

Maybe this one will contain the feels that were supposed to be in To the Moon.

Undertale was 2015's To The Moon though, to be fair, it definitely plays better and is written better than TTM

but as far as tumblr hype goes, i think it's a fitting comparison

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just a reminder: the 3rd annual SteamGAF GOTY voting is still open!

I already have 86 votes from the following GAFfers:

If your name is on the list your vote has been counted. Everyone else, get your votes to me before
t1453420800z4.png
By the way jshackles, is there something like an affinity list being made for this, like it sometimes is for regular GOTY/GOTG threads? It'd be neat to see who in the thread has similar tastes based on what they voted for. Obviously if that's too much work, forget about it, but I was just curious.

On a related note, I wish there was a LTTP GOTY for games not released in 2015 but that you first played in 2015, just so I can vote Valkyria Chronicles for something ;-;

zkylon

zkylewd
Play MOBA
And the most funniest part of the game: play in MOBA. You must be to analyze the opponents keep track of who is where and who plays where he can play, statistics and tournaments. Watch matches and the live simulation in real time.

And many many more will be further.

wtfffffffffffffffffffffff steam why you do thissssssss

The 'manager' genre has officially gone too far.
hey

hey now

hey

pro moba team manager is a fucking dope ass concept

just not this shit

Jazz573

Root Double KS Update #6: Game's Background and Setting Update #5 - What is AD and Procyon + Tier Updates

More background updates, but more importantly new tiers. Sadly, Vita isn't one of them.

Tier Updates

We're adding extra items to tiers.

The current $99+ tiers will get a stainless steel mug cup.
The current $150+ tiers will get a t-shirt. (design to be revealed later)
The current $225+ tiers will get a messenger bag. (design to be revealed later)
We're adding a new tier at $275 which is the 225 tier but also includes a blanket.
We will be updating the images on the Kickstarter. Please note, because backers already have chosen the older tiers we cannot update the description on the tier list BUT you will get the additional items listed.

Oh and the specs if anyone cares:

Also there were some questions about the PC (Windows) specs required for the game.

OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 (pending testing on Windows 10)
Graphics: Intel GMA X3100 or above
DirectX: 9.0c and up. 

From Store page:

Also, if your command plays well, then you get an invitation to the various tournaments, which will have an incredible amount or you may send invitation to it myself.

Play MOBA
And the most funniest part of the game: play in MOBA. You must be to analyze the opponents keep track of who is where and who plays where he can play, statistics and tournaments. Watch matches and the live simulation in real time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
By the way jshackles, is there something like an affinity list being made for this, like it sometimes is for regular GOTY/GOTG threads? It'd be neat to see who in the thread has similar tastes based on what they voted for. Obviously if that's too much work, forget about it, but I was just curious.

On a related note, I wish there was a LTTP GOTY for games not released in 2015 but that you first played in 2015, just so I can vote Valkyria Chronicles for something ;-;

We won't have anything like voting affinity, but the results will show the number of times a particular game was voted for, as well as the average number of points each ballot gave.

We discussed doing a vote for games on Steam not released in 2015, but decided that it probably wouldn't give anyone any meaningful information - it'd just end up being a long long list of games people here suggest without any context as to why. If you'd like to let us know about a game you enjoyed playing, write up a few paragraphs about why it was the best game you played last year and post it in the thread for discussion.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm playing MGSV and I hit Mission 22. They don't explain anything, they just throw me into it. I play risky thinking I save restarts. I don't. I lose staff and morale decreases.

Can your mother base just be invaded at any time unless you play offline (and thus lose the millions of GMP you only get from being online otherwise it's a massive grind)? Because if so I'm going to quit the game right here.

Can your mother base just be invaded at any time unless you play offline (and thus lose the millions of GMP you only get from being online otherwise it's a massive grind)? Because if so I'm going to quit the game right here.

I basically ignored the whole FOB stuff and was never invaded. Just don't put your 'good' troops there and should be fine.

Ludens

Banned
So I'm playing MGSV and I hit Mission 22. They don't explain anything, they just throw me into it. I play risky thinking I save restarts. I don't. I lose staff and morale decreases.

You can't be invaded if you NEVER go online. This mean you NEED to select "Do not agree" when you boot the game, declining the TOS.
But. Don't listen people, the chance to get invaded if you do not own a nuke/play FOBs is very small, and even in the case someone will invade you, worse case scenario you will miss some soldiers. But usually no one lose time invading a low level FOB, no reason to do that.
Just play Mission 22 and go on, you can lose stuff only if you seriously play FOB, otherwise you will be able to finish the game with no problem. Still, you will be forced to grind resources if you want to do all achievements and fully develop your MB. But you can simply play FOB by Konami events to quickly grab resources, rewards etc. with no possible retaliation.
Also mission 22 is just a tutorial mission, just reach the core, why do you restart the game? There's not even a rank, if you have problems kill everyone and that's it (if I remember correctly you need to kill only the captain).

Dr Dogg

They make a big deal of Cancel anytime, so I guess they figure they'll have more onesies than anything.

Well I imagine due to using their own payment system it should be all in their hands. Where as trying to cancel my trial sub on my Xbone is a right pain. Then again I use a PayPal account (and a proxy one with a fake address at that) on Origin so there's a bit of a safety net for folks there.

Garden Warfare is on the list?

I count 15 games in the vault which is hell of a deal for just 3.59€ a month.

Opps yeah just checked the list and I'm blind. Though I'm not going to tell you what you think is value for your money or not but if we take subjective feelings out of the equation and compare it directly to EA Access on Xbox One which offers around the same amount of titles, has more trials available and costs less hopefully you can see where I'm coming from. Fair enough someone might prefer Dead Space 1, 2 & 3, the first 2 Dragon Age titles, Sim City, Battlefield 3, Sims 3 and This War of Mine over a bunch of sports titles and TitanFall but most of those have been in their Humble Bundle offering for next to nothing to keep forever. Where as on the flipside console games never get that cheap to the extent you could pick 8 games up for £5 like I've done with the past Origin Humble Bundles. But hey different strokes and all that.

Yakkue

Just finished Forward to the Sky, a short, cute action game, in which you take on the role of a young sword-wielding princess, scouring a tower filled with skeletons and crystals for a witch.
MzOZQZg.png

You have to collect 100 crystals in every level to unlock the full story. 25 crystals are rewarded for killing all the skeletons in a level, and you earn the rest by destroying three statues that are hidden around the level. In some levels they are out in the open, in others they are hidden quite well.

I completed the game in 2 hours and enjoyed my time with it. The game is mostly easy and relaxing. Exploring the magical level design and searching for the statues was fun. However, I didn't care for the voice acting at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom