• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Hmm, it's a bit hard to enjoy Alien: Isolation. Two hours of exposition I good, I get it (even though it did feel a bit too long). However, I'm not enjoying the stealth section that comes after that at all. Especially when
I killed a guy, searched him and got some revolver ammo, but wasn't able to pick up his revolver that was just lying RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and got shot and killed.

But yeah, that kind of stealth just doesn't work well with the game's slow movement and lack of means to actually do anything. And I haven't even the actual Alien yet.

Knurek

Good point, that second disc is bonkers. That music though.

Artist's impressions of Xenogears second disc:

enhanced-buzz-2478-1360262163-2.jpg

rtcn63

What I remember about Xenogears:

Human combat basically boiled down to storing your attack point things until the maximum and then unleashing after, which made it kinda dull.

Robot combat was hard as fuck.

Haunted

Xenogears' second disc is the most spectacular, total collapse of any narrative I've seen in videogames.

Kids today playing MGSV and thinking that second chapter was an incoherent, jumbled mess that didn't quite come together have no idea.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Xenogears' second disc is the most spectacular, total collapse of any narrative I've seen in videogames.

Kids today playing MGSV and thinking that second chapter was an incoherent, jumbled mess that didn't quite come together have no idea.

True. I'd still buy it again if it came to Steam though.

Kriken

Why is that?

Maybe I didn't word it best, but SMB has been around for a while and it just feels weird for a late port like that to make it into the top 4. I guess I'd feel the same if Minecraft for Vita was #1 last year. It's not like Vita had nothing released in 2015 *shrugs*

Dr Dogg

Huh I've just realised it's 5 weeks to the day that Street Fighter V comes out. Guess I should have put more time in with Ultra IV before it gets put out to pasture (not that III doesn't live in my Dreamcast). Any of you folks up for a couple of Game Nights™ over the next few weeks to see the old girl out/say good bye to those tedious 1 frame links before V drops?

Messiah

Huh I've just realised it's 5 weeks to the day that Street Fighter V comes out. Guess I should have put more time in with Ultra IV before it gets put out to pasture (not that III doesn't live in my Dreamcast). Any of you folks up for a couple of Game Nights™ over the next few weeks to see the old girl out/say good bye to those tedious 1 frame links before V drops?

That's a good idea, I'd be up for this.

Coincidentally Capcom will be streaming Street Fighter V shortly.

Soulflarz

Banned
Picked up Xenogears on PSN because $3. What the hell am I doing even thinking about playing that again? It's a great game but I have too many unfinished RPGs at the moment.

giphy.gif

the text speed is terrible, it ruins it by 2016 standards

youre sitting around waiting over 20 hours. It's insane.

have to wonder what would've happened have then gone through kickstarter instead

i'm sure they would've gotten more pledges but how much of that money would've reached them?

was the investors part of the campaign meaningful?

they're all a billion hours long lol

they're also all great
Naw, the ps2 xenogames were of resonable length. Xeonsaga 1 was like 25 hours and that includes it's gazillion cutscenes

wihio

Does anyone want to go in on a Tabletop Simulator 4 pack from bundlestars? ~$7.50 a pop vs. $10. I failed to get it during the Steam sale and figured this would be a good chance to make up for that.

Let me know if there is a better thread for this, my Search-fu did not locate any better threads.

zkylon

zkylewd
Naw, the ps2 xenogames were of resonable length. Xeonsaga 1 was like 25 hours and that includes it's gazillion cutscenes
i think it took me like 50 hours each, but i kinda blend all xenosaga games together

again, i'm the slowest person at videogames ever

I need mah P4G on Steam. :(

partly because I can't currenty find my VIta charger

+a billion

i'll sign your petition and make a deal with the devil

just give it to me alreadyyyyyyy

:D
Looks like there is a specific Brazil sub.
D:
Still haven't tried upgrading to Win10. Doubt my key will even work, so I go the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" route.
Killzone 2 felt weighty and that was a good thing.

I won't hear otherwise.

I won't hear it!
This guy gets it. Killzone was awesome!
Aside from this baseless thread, VR (rift, vive) going in with high prices could be a good thing from the following. It's the first big VR start, so making a very good first impression is important on the masses who haven't even heard of VR. Like every new tech prices should go down drastically in a short span anyway.
We all know who the waifu of the year is.

69AEDD5138C7C034403C549995185F79DF35E746

Don't even try to debate it SteamGAF. Just don't.
Great thing is, she looks even better in real-life without the big game breasts. Very fine lady.

Homefront: The Revolution launching on May 17 Gamersyde quality.
Here in the official version on Gamersyde. French this time, not Italian. Ubi slowly going their way up to an English trailer ;)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I need mah P4G on Steam. :(

partly because I can't currenty find my VIta charger

+a billion

i'll sign your petition and make a deal with the devil

just give it to me alreadyyyyyyy

Seems like Atlus' PR manager would rather toss immature meme responses out instead:

PC Ports?

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder_t269x200.jpg

It's true that Atlus USA wouldn't be able to do anything about it, I still think this is an unprofessional way to treat an entire ecosystem which is hungry for their company's titles.

Annubis

Hmmm...
Do I get Dragon Dogma now for 25% off or wait until it gets more than 25% which would be around next year.
It would be an easier choice if there wasn't a 'Canadian money blows' tax.

zkylon

zkylewd
just have to say

i didn't notice it the first time

but looking at it again

there's a jiggle

Oh yeah, $1.87M, so almost half
oh that's a lot

if you think about it tho, that's kind of "sucky" for double fine, cos that's money they're gonna have to return at one point, at least if the game sells decent

and on kickstarter i'm pretty confident they could've made like 4.5m or something, and wouldn't have to pay anyone back their investment.

kickstarter would've taken a fee, but i dunno if that would've been worse than having to essentially pay up ~2m and then a % of ur profit to investors

it's a strange situation this fig one

Jawmuncher

Seems like Atlus' PR manager would rather toss immature meme responses out instead:

It's true that Atlus USA wouldn't be able to do anything about it, I still think this is an unprofessional way to treat an entire ecosystem which is hungry for their company's titles.
Yes, that was pretty shitty and unprofessional.

gelf

My Vita's gonna have something to play now. I'll never understand why Capcom never released DC1 and 2 on Steam.

It really bothers me that games like this that already have PC ports aren't available digitally. At the very least they could be minimum effort patched up to work on modern systems and shoved on GOG.

Kriken

How's Persona 5 for 2015 working out for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom