• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know. I don't know if I'll quit the game or not but I certainly don't want to play this moment. I was already getting annoyed with a lot of the shit it had been doing with the grinding and basically begging you to have massive shootouts (if it were a stealth game why would it have like 200 weapons) shitty rehash missions and follow-the-guy missions and annoying interruptions, so that 22 bullshit was the last straw to really, really piss me off. The game overall seems to be shitting all over the franchise. I can't believe it.

Ludens

Banned
I don't know. I don't know if I'll quit the game or not but I certainly don't want to play this moment. I was already getting annoyed with a lot of the shit it had been doing with the grinding and basically begging you to have massive shootouts (if it were a stealth game why would it have like 200 weapons) shitty rehash missions and follow-the-guy missions and annoying interruptions, so that 22 bullshit was the last straw to really, really piss me off. The game overall seems to be shitting all over the franchise. I can't believe it.

In order to fully complete the game you don't need to develop weapons or grinding at ALL.
I just used the basic tranquillizer gun (well, of course upgraded from time to time when I could do it) plus a strong rocket launcher, only needed in some boss fights.
I developed all the items, but it's not required at all, not even for 100%, you can totally skip that stuff.

Knurek

sick and tired of win10 pop ups on my comp. they testing my last nerves, i'm bout to break

In three years, Microsoft will become the largest supplier of computer systems running Windows 10 botnet. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Microsoft computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Windows 10 Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online August 4th, 2017. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Windows 10 begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Dr Dogg

Let's reword this a little better so folks don't overreact. Service Pack support has ended for Windows 8 as in there will be no new large content and feature updates to the OS but security and critical bug fixes will still be released up until 9th January 2018 with extended support up until 10th January 2023. This is how Windows has worked for years up until 10 became supposedly their last version of the OS.

Welp

Still can't redeem my Dirt Rally coupon code on the rewards site.

I also received an answer for my support ticket from amd support asking for a receipt on the GPU I bought, which basically means I'm not going to able to get a steam key for this thing.

Newegg let me keep a defunct coupon code so I didn't even get the dollar back.

Same here :/

Endruen

In three years, Microsoft will become the largest supplier of computer systems running Windows 10 botnet. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Microsoft computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Windows 10 Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online August 4th, 2017. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Windows 10 begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
Skynet.jpg

rtcn63

MGSV is basically RE6 it seems. Really fun gameplay, but not many can deal with the flaws.

I'd still put MGSV well above RE6 on the "overall game" scale. I still dislike the lackluster skill system and that you get knocked down after losing a bar of health. Others have worked around it- I just think it goes against the newly implemented melee system. That with the bad campaign design.... I really wanted to love RE6.

Ludens

Banned
My only problem with RE6 is: it's too long.
I spent 26 hours on it, on Easy, without losing time on collectibles or achievements.
Still, it lasted me 26 hours.

def sim

Welp

Still can't redeem my Dirt Rally coupon code on the rewards site.

I also received an answer for my support ticket from amd support asking for a receipt on the GPU I bought, which basically means I'm not going to able to get a steam key for this thing.

Newegg let me keep a defunct coupon code so I didn't even get the dollar back.

Same here :/

This is my situation, too. It's only a dollar, whatevs, but maaan.

Khronico

I spent 26 hours on it, on Easy, without losing time on collectibles or achievements.

I firmly believe there's a good 6-8hr singular RE6 campaign experience that could be distilled from the myriad bloated campaigns in the base game.

The fact that the awful RE: Revelations 2 port was the Vita GOTY is really sad
What's more sad is the absolute crap choices they had for the Vita.

Yes, I'm salty that Steins;Gate isn't even mentioned on there.

rtcn63

The game needed to lose the redundancy (shared boss fights etc.) and the filler set pieces involving vehicles. The entirety of Jake's campaign should've been DLC length like Ada's, that damn snow level...

As for W3 and Bloodborne... for me, it boils down to "does W3 have the better story and characters in its genre or does Bloodborne have the better combat and atmosphere in its genre"? Apples to oranges, but if you have to pick one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lol no RE6 >>>> MGSV

The only problem I had with RE6 was some level design choices making what to do next unintuitive. Everything else was pure genius, going exactly where gaming should have naturally inclined itself for an online future and gaming habits coming out of that. It has been so sad to see much of gaming (including MGSV) instead following the lead of stuff like AC and Arkham.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Pillars of eternity was 2015 no? Wonder why that isn't higher on people's goty lists.

It's my goty runner up
after Undertale
. I appreciate PoE even more after replaying BG1 and feeling disappointed with it (I've always preferred BG2 anyway, haven't replayed it yet though).

rtcn63

lol no RE6 >>>> MGSV

The only problem I had with RE6 was some level design choices making what to do next unintuitive. Everything else was pure genius, going exactly where gaming should have naturally inclined itself for an online future and gaming habits coming out of that. It has been so sad to see much of gaming (including MGSV) instead following the lead of stuff like AC and Arkham.

So you're saying that your only real problem with RE6 was that it's almost too good?

Ludens

Banned
Revelations 2 was horrible, anyway, I enjoyed REV 1, but man, 2 was awful. I imagine the second player playing like "the girl who can point at things", amazing.

very irritated today and threads I check seem to have people that just irritate me further

need to step away before saying something I regret

(not this thread...just to be clear)

But I got a warning that ceratin features need to be activated with its key and the program got installed when I first launched it. Though, the program seems not working even after connecting.

Don't connect but just leave it installed. The game still needs the xlive.dll to start on some systems (like mine).

And if you get stuck looking for a keycard on a certain ship there is a fix you can download.

Don't connect but just leave it installed. The game still needs the xlive.dll to start on some systems (like mine).

And if you get stuck looking for a keycard on a certain ship there is a fix you can download.

Oh I tried to put the key for the game in the ingame GFWL but the game crashed. :p

Where is the fix please, any link? Thanks.

Vamphuntr

MGSV wasn't a bad game. It was just exactly like most games with open/semi-open worlds but that doesn't cut it for a MGS game. There is barely a plot in there, most story missions are pointless filler where you kidnap come guy or assassinate someone that has nothing to do with Skullface or Cipher. The world is mostly barren outside of dumb outposts that you clear in 2 minutes or less. There's also a fairly big lack of boss battles in the game which is weird for a MGS game. It's also unfinished. Otherwise the game is highly polished with very few bugs, runs well, has a lot of different weapons and options for getting rid of enemies.

It didn't force me to do insta death QTE every 5 minutes or play a terrible Ace Combat knock off mission or chasing a bimbo in a jeep with terrible physics so it cannot be as bad as RE6.

Knurek

I just hope wbacon can take the Dragon's Dogma sale stats and convince higher ups at Capcom that porting God Hand or Okami to PC might be a good idea.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked up Xenogears on PSN because $3. What the hell am I doing even thinking about playing that again? It's a great game but I have too many unfinished RPGs at the moment.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom