• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

I want to like Dirty Bomb but the grindy aspect of getting new characters/cards, general jankiness, and getting games where no one even tries to do the objective is really draining.

Hm neat. Pretty close
MaxReddit-600x300.jpg

I just hope the division doesn't end up like Destiny at launch.

What happened to it at launch?

My only concern about the Division is not the downgrade, but the server.
Can they handle mmo server? Do they have any experience with it? How well did they handle their multiplayer servers?

I'm not pre-ordering, that's for sure. But I'll get it someday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thank you for this! Hopefully I can find a little extra funds.

I'm fairly certain its removal is temporary, hence the store page still being up. Apparently the executable still looks for the CD, which is easily fixed by either downloading a crack or installing the BMS mod, one of which will presumably be the route Retroism takes in "fixing" the issue since I doubt it has access to the source code and can recompile the executable sans CD check.

Dsyndrome

Where da Atlus games at?
Well, today is the day that I turn 27, so here's some stuff on me. Sorry that it isn't more, or better stuff, but between everything in the store being region locked to South America and other stuff, here's what I got.
Happy birthday dude, and all the folks I've missed in the past month.

Well, today is the day that I turn 27, so here's some stuff on me. Sorry that it isn't more, or better stuff, but between everything in the store being region locked to South America and other stuff, here's what I got.

Yeah, I like the word stuff ;)

ovrwx.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly 30 -- MB-3EE4056CAC54FD5B - Taken by goober. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic -- MB-57EF326BB831632F - Taken by AtomskEater. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-E74242610126E135 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Dream Tale -- MB-7BFC018D691D965A - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.
Life Is Strange Episode 1 -- MB-DE941A6DB757A016 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Mysterious Space -- MB-10D3EFE76AFAAFDF - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power -- MB-F216166374764B62 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Pirates Deck -- MB-A35756E998E91720
The Deer -- MB-C483723EF73A4EFE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull -- MB-32EF3F1739DCE801 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Desert Ashes -- MB-8EF76A5C1D6B8CFF - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40k Regicide -- MB-ECAC08BDFB2A8B16 - Taken by Shadownet. 5 entrants total.
I don't remember if this one works
Aero's Quest -- MB-2930B26E1976A914
Arson and Plunder: Unleashed -- MB-C173A4693E36BA3F - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran pack -- MB-71DDF756FDEA80FA - Taken by Shenhua Ling. 1 entrants total.
AoF World Online -- MB-FCF60A6C7943E6C4 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-A50F3381EDEBD09E - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.
Let There Be Life -- MB-7D2BEA926C72B6E8 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Unium -- MB-CA080B39697606DB - Taken by fenners. 1 entrants total.
TRISTOY -- MB-E50A0A8065D190C5 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-D700C231F52D0FC4 - Taken by Catshade. 5 entrants total.
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-4096785EB0174126 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
3D Realms Anthology Steam Edition -- MB-BB79A62F0BE6B6A1 - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Cave Coaster -- MB-21FF6475CDB1180D - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Demented -- MB-461FE13D254ADF0D - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Descent: Underground -- MB-91F9C4E1916F640A - Taken by tuxfool. 6 entrants total.
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-9871A12B5294CB85

t1452665856z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Did the driving physics get worse in Just Cause 3 or am I just less tolerant now than I was when I played 2? I'm so glad I'm playing this game through Family Sharing either way. What a hollow experience. I'd feel pretty bummed as a dev if the best function of my game was as a podcast companion.

pahamrick

Did the driving physics get worse in Just Cause 3 or am I just less tolerant now than I was when I played 2? I'm so glad I'm playing this game through Family Sharing either way. What a hollow experience. I'd feel pretty bummed as a dev if the best function of my game was as a podcast companion.

Driving physics are much, much worse than they were in JC2. Not just driving, but even flight physics just feels off to me.

JaseC

Driving physics are much, much worse than they were in JC2. Not just driving, but even flight physics just feels off to me.

I'd say the latter. They feel the same to me. Well, with regard to cars and planes, anyway, since they're about the only vehicles I used in 2.

ovrwx.gif
Happy birthday and best wishes Kurt!
You're pretty young :)

MUnited83

For you.

The car driving is better imo, the helicopter works great, planes aren't great but don't seem too much different from 2, and then bikes are horrendous and should be considered crimes against humanity.

ovrwx.gif

Happy birthday Kurt~!
And thanks for the giveaway.

JaseC

The car driving is better imo, the helicopter works great, planes aren't great but don't seem too much different from 2, and then bikes are horrendous and should be considered crimes against humanity.

The silly thing about flying is that accelerate and boost are bound together, so you have to stop accelerating -- i.e. slow down -- if you want your boost reserve to recharge. That being said, it does become a non-issue after unlocking the second and final boost upgrade since it recharges in about two or three seconds.

Edit: Are 3's leaderboards back up yet? I've not unlocked Chaos Millionaire despite having over 1,000,000 chaos, so I assume the score needs to be uploaded.

pahamrick

I guess I'm just out of practice, things just feel wrong and I've had a much harder time controlling cars at high speeds than I did in JC2.

Had some time and went for a quick session of Alien. Finished the
Reactor
mission. It got
spooky again ( *~*)

But there were very nice sights to be had as well. The visuals still blow me away.

[]http://i.imgur.com/ovrwx.gif[/IMG]

Happy birthday! I also recently turned 27 so we're in that "it's all downhill from here" club together. :D

Pachimari

ovrwx.gif

Happy birthday! I also recently turned 27 so we're in that "it's all downhill from here" club together. :D
Happy birthday Kurt!

Yeah, I turn 27 in three months and at that time I'll be having my vacation in Asia.

Dsyndrome

At least GMG removed the offending $39.99 from their page for Final Fantasy IX. I understand SQUENIX want to make a profit, but when there game's way more than any other FF ever released on Steam (including modern games) and is from the 90's, things aren't going to bode well.

Tizoc

At least GMG removed the offending $39.99 from their page for Final Fantasy IX. I understand they want to make a profit, but when there game's way more than any other FF ever released on Steam (including modern games) and is from the 90's, things aren't going to bode well.
It was likely a place holser price
No way this game would be more expensive than the ff13 series
It would be priced as thise games at the very least

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Goddamn it, I just was playing through Pony Island, and part of it tricked me because it did false Steam notifications I was receiving messages from our very own CheesecakeRecipe here on GAF. I should of known it was fake since I have message notifications turned on, and I doubt he'd be spamming me. XD;

463BC9F64F910A55AA35A91FB4904C2D23D03861

Tricky game, tricky tricky.

JaseC

Is there a way to keep an older badge from a game as your display badge? Like, keep the level 2 badge even though you went to level 3?

Nope. On a related note, I wish it were possible to set the four badges that display on your profile.

I fogot how bullshit the RNG was in XCOM.

GAF inspired me to do a classic long war run with a bunch of the shit second war options. I am going to do it with living celebs. Going to have to Google a lot of countries for names of people.

zkylon

zkylewd
Goddamn it, I just was playing through Pony Island, and part of it tricked me because it did false Steam notifications I was receiving messages from our very own CheesecakeRecipe here on GAF. I should of known it was fake since I have message notifications turned on, and I doubt he'd be spamming me. XD;

463BC9F64F910A55AA35A91FB4904C2D23D03861

Tricky game, tricky tricky.

that's pretty clever

yuraya

GAF can still surprise me - 4 games more anticipated than Dark Souls 3.

Yea very surprising. Especially all the votes for Zelda and that Horizon game. Guerilla games haven't made a good game since like 2004. And the open world Zelda looks like an indie project made with Unity.

Seriously tho it doesn't matter. What matters is that none of those 4 games have Souls combat.

Teggy

I fogot how bullshit the RNG was in XCOM.

I played for a couple of hours tonight and was going to shut down but an abduction showed up so I decided to play a few more turns.

First turn a ton of enemies show up and take cover in a restaurant. Tell my heavy to rocket the place expecting to kill a whole mess of them. The rocket veers off and hits a car where one of my support guys is taking cover, killing her.

Start -> exit to desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom