• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I would love to see Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on Steam and I would buy them in a heartbeat. I had the original on PlayStation back then and liked what I played of it.

Eila

Somebody hook Capcom up with the people at Night Dive. Make it happen boys.
There really should be more companies salvaging old PC games.

Was Cosmochoria given out free somewhere a few weeks ago? I just noticed it was purchased on Dec. 23, but I don't have any receipts from either Steam or Modbot. And yes, I know, ha ha you don't even remember where you got your games from, but I was pretty sick around that time and the holidays are a bit fuzzy.

Seems like Atlus' PR manager would rather toss immature meme responses out instead:
oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder_t269x200.jpg

It's true that Atlus USA wouldn't be able to do anything about it, I still think this is an unprofessional way to treat an entire ecosystem which is hungry for their company's titles.
giphy.gif

Pachimari

Hmm I notice ever since moving my desktop from my dinner table to my "computer table" I'm playing games much less. It's less comfortable as I have no leg room and I can't really lean back on my chair. And I can't move it back because then there's no dinner table. I just want to sit comfortably while gaming.

zkylon

zkylewd
i would also like parasite eve 2 on pc since i couldn't emulate that for some reason, that's squenix but still

I have an unhealthy obsession with seeing people's reactions to The Last of Us

it's a cool game that's a natural translation of uncharted mechanics into what they could actually mean for the story

i didn't like the dlc much

maty

I remember playing mega man x on my first computer. a packard bell

52270BEF-EB46-B17E-E117019F1267E55C.jpg

capcom plz

Who do I have to kill to get Mega man X collection on steam?

I recently bought a WiiU so I'm tempted to get X1-3 there. Shame sales suck on nintendo eshop.

rtcn63

Who do I have to kill to get Mega man X collection on steam?

I recently bought a WiiU so I'm tempted to get X1-3 there. Shame sales suck on nintendo eshop.

With our luck, if they ever do put MMX on steam, it'll be the mobile version.

Jawmuncher

This is probably why wbacon never posts in here lol. To be fair if I worked at capcom and didn't have the power to bring back all the titles people want. I wouldn't want to post much either.

maty

With our luck, if they ever do put MMX on steam, it'll be the mobile version.

Just saw a few gameplay videos, how the hell can anyone play MMX on a cellphone? I can barely see what's happening with the fingers covering half the screen. :/

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dino Crisis 1 & 2 I think may eventually happen if the stars are right. There were PC versions, Capcom does bring older titles to PC, I just think they're mainly tackling the RE franchise first since its their bigger IP, though after Zero HD releases and the Remake of 2, the only main entries they need to put on Steam will be RE3 and Code Veronica (And there's already an MT Framework version of Code Veronica). Having the original RE1-RE3 available might be nice though, and I am crossing my fingers for some o the RE spin-offs.

I have no faith in Konami to bring the older Silent Hill games to Steam, which is a damn shame. Guessing we'll be stuck with Homecoming only forever.

Dusk Golem

THOUGH, for Capcom games I really want on PC but expect to never happen, since Capcom owns the rights to the Clock Tower series and Haunting Ground, I dream of the day they may bring those to Steam.

Jawmuncher

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 I think may eventually happen if the stars are right. There were PC versions, Capcom does bring older titles to PC, I just think they're mainly tackling the RE franchise first since its their bigger IP, though after Zero HD releases and the Remake of 2, the only main entries they need to put on Steam will be RE3 and Code Veronica (And there's already an MT Framework version of Code Veronica). Having the original RE1-RE3 available might be nice though, and I am crossing my fingers for some o the RE spin-offs.

I have no faith in Konami to bring the older Silent Hill games to Steam, which is a damn shame. Guessing we'll be stuck with Homecoming only forever.

Can't even get Downpour and that was Unreal Engine

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Titanfall dev working on 'new 3rd person action/adventure IP'

Job listing for unannounced project

Titanfall's coming up on two years old, huh? While all the AI robots toil away on deserted servers, developer Respawn is hard at work on Titanfall 2, which may find better longevity while no longer an Xbox console exclusive.

But that's not all Respawn is working on, according to a recent job listing for a senior level designer.

"We are now recruiting designers for two game development projects - a new game in the Titanfall universe as well as a new 3rd person action/adventure IP," the listing reads. I imagine the new game is Titanfall 2, unless it's an additional project in Titanfall universe. But what's this third-person action game from a first-person shooter studio with pedigree dating back to Call of Duty? It not being in the Titanfall universe means my favorite thing: new IP. Now, what could it be?

Dusk Golem

Can't even get Downpour and that was Unreal Engine

And the worst part is Downpour could benefit from it a lot. I liked Downpour a lot actually, but it definitely has technical problems, the biggest one being the game freezing for 1-3 seconds whenever it gets a checkpoint to save the game.

But SH2-4 also had PC versions that still work fine on modern machines, Climax if hired can handle PC ports of their games Origins and Shattered Memories easily and have done so for games for other companies they've worked with, and SH1 could be emulated easily. But Konami are never going to do it. D:

Though I feel with DIno Crisis 1 & 2, while I hope Capcom does it sooner than later, will eventually do it. I am more certain of those than them doing the Clock Tower games and/or Haunting Ground, at least. XD;

Kriken

This is probably why wbacon never posts in here lol. To be fair if I worked at capcom and didn't have the power to bring back all the titles people want. I wouldn't want to post much either.

"Hmm, let's see, is that Jawmuncher guy posting in the Steam thread? *Checks* Another day I avoid answering a Dino Crisis for PC question"

I might be crazy because I just woke up from a nap, but I just closed a download that i swear said it was an update to GTA IV with Steam Workshop support. But I can't find anything to prove this now. Am I nuts?

Jawmuncher

I might be crazy because I just woke up from a nap, but I just closed a download that i swear said it was an update to GTA IV with Steam Workshop support. But I can't find anything to prove this now. Am I nuts?

We had another issue with that popping up for MGSV. Think it's just a glitch in Steam combing updates. Or maybe it is indeed the future.

Tried DA:I for half an hour. Feels like an open-world version of DA2. Same skill trees, same derpy set-up (this time you're the bog-standard sole survivor who magically has the power to save the world) and I felt bored just running around in the first mission. The camera setup also reminded me of why I couldn't play Gothic II - gave me a headache after a few minutes.

No thanks.

We had another issue with that popping up for MGSV. Think it's just a glitch in Steam combing updates. Or maybe it is indeed the future.

It would be really neat, but seeing as it still uses GFW I'm not sure it's a reality.

I wish i hadn't closed the download file and there's nothing in my history.

Got a question. Since I upgraded my desktop I've been wanting to put some graphics mods on my copy of Skyrim. But looking at the workshop, there is a shit ton of them. Can anyone tell me the best place to find a list of the good ones I should add?

BTW, I have a an i5/960 combo in my desktop.

Nyoro SF

Capcom could bring Dead Rising 1 on steam, the other 2 are already there anyway.

I'd be there. The most challenging and intense dead rising game.

Were this person involved in any way at the company I worked with, he or she would be tossed out on their ass faster than I can write this reply.

Honestly, I like it when the PR guys fuck up and mouth off when they shouldn't. It provides more insight into the state of the company. Let him ride as free as he wants, it's good for us.

Phinor

Tried DA:I for half an hour. Feels like an open-world version of DA2. Same skill trees same derpy set-up (this time you're the bog-standard sole survivor who magically has the power to save the world) and I felt bored just running around in the first mission. The camera setup also reminded me of why I couldn't play Gothic II - gave me a headache after a few minutes.

No thanks.

Well the game gets worse the further you get into it so that's something. There's good in it too, like there was good in Anakin, but is it worth all that trouble..

Uzzy

stop

Also, we need Third Strike, Viewtiful Joe, and UMvC3.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Third Strike and Super Turbo HD Remix come to PC sometime this year. I can't imagine them being difficult ports, and getting them onto the PC and PS4 after SFV has had a few months to bed in would just make sense and be easy money for Capcom.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If we are port begging in here then we might as well ask for the GOAT:

SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER II: TURBO HD REMIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom