• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Picked up Xenogears on PSN because $3. What the hell am I doing even thinking about playing that again? It's a great game but I have too many unfinished RPGs at the moment.

giphy.gif

Rosetinted glasses or whatelse, but I still think it's the best jrpg ever. Amazing story, amazing characters (ok, threre's chu-thing to balance the astonishing awesomeness), fantastic enemy design, great world, excellent background, quick and responsive battle system, excellent blend of 2d and 3d, godlike OST. I liked even the 2nd CD (few playable content but text to read instead - hey we are in the Visual Novel era, everyone should like it now right?). The only personal thing is that
I'd have preferred a darker ending
(don't highlight if you haven't finished the game), but even so, I can't finish a jrpg and think it's on par.

EDIT: almost forgot, play it on PSP / PSVita (is it possible on PSVita?) ^___^

A close second would be Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (incredible ambience, fantastic charadesign / monster design, godlike battle system, great OST, no press X to win ever).

Hinomura

Well... I'm going to sleep. Quitting Sidplay (Rob Hubbard's International Karate), closing browser and various apps.

Thanks for the well spent time in lurking! ^___^

Dr Dogg

For fucks sake why did I put GTAV back on. I mean it's taken my attention away from TIS-100 but now I've got the feeling after 5 hours of getting lost in Los Santos again I'm about to embark on another playthrough for the 4th year running. Only popped it on to check out the sound mix (which is still right up there with the best in positional audio) but I just bounced from mission to mission and before I know it the hooks are well and truly in me.

34 days till Street Fighter V. Not that I'm counting or anything.

t1455645600z0.png

Anyway, I'd be down for saying goodbye to Ultra. Especially if saying goodbye to Elena and El Fuerte involves a trash bin and some easy light matches.

Cool, cool I'm sure a few more folks might want to purge IV out of their system before 16th Feb or get some practice in for V. I'll try and format something official like tomorrow and go from there.

Think it's a case of it's popular everywhere else but GAF. It happens from time to time.

Looks like it might have a similar issue to Destiny with allowing people to think it's providing a greater scope than it'll actually have. I hope for the people interested in it that it will live up to that though.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Rosetinted glasses or whatelse, but I still think it's the best jrpg ever. Amazing story, amazing characters (ok, threre's chu-thing to balance the astonishing awesomeness), fantastic enemy design, great world, excellent background, quick and responsive battle system, excellent blend of 2d and 3d, godlike OST. I liked even the 2nd CD (few playable content but text to read instead - hey we are in the Visual Novel era, everyone should like it now right?). The only personal thing is that
I'd have preferred a darker ending
(don't highlight if you haven't finished the game), but even so, I can't finish a jrpg and think it's on par.

EDIT: almost forgot, play it on PSP / PSVita (is it possible on PSVita?) ^___^

A close second would be Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (incredible ambience, fantastic charadesign / monster design, godlike battle system, great OST, no press X to win ever).

i dunno if it's the best because i have skipped so many JRPG but for me it's definitely top material, the themes and a huge ambition makes xenogears a classic. If i remember correctly xenogears was supossed to be the final part in a series of planned games, pretty bananas. I thinks the devs also ran of time in disc 2, such a crazy ambitious game that is rarely seen today.

Grief.exe

ENB shots for Dragon's Dogma are already on point.

Jv4VlQW.jpg

cldgn47.jpg

My Linux Laptop has 4K res, so let me know if I should quote these.

Capcom could bring Dead Rising 1 on steam, the other 2 are already there anyway.

My man.

Dead Rising 1 is the perfect combination of quirky and interesting design choices. Definitely has some replayability too.

MikeDown

Banned
STEAMGAF recommend me some sexy anime that isn't over the top wafiu/fapping material! go!

ENB shots for Dragon's Dogma are already on point.

Jv4VlQW.jpg

cldgn47.jpg

My Linux Laptop has 4K res, so let me know if I should quote these.

My man.

Dead Rising 1 is the perfect combination of quirky and interesting design choices. Definitely has some replayability too.

EDIT: damn that looks good

The only Capcom game that needs to come to Steam is Symphony of the Night.

Not Steam but it's currently on sale on PSN for $3. Probably the cheapest it has ever been and will ever be. You'll need a PS3 or PSP to play it though.

But most people barely knew anything about the game, only alpha participants know how much it changed from the E3 demos, right?

Three years later and I'm still not sure what kind of game it actually is. Although I suspect that the hype generating trailers they've been showing off are what are getting those pre-orders.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The darkness and DoF in those screens looks a bit odd to me then again I haven't been a fan of most ENB/SweetFX mods I've seen posted in here. The PC Gaming screenshot thread has better use of those than I've ever seen here.

STEAMGAF recommend me some sexy anime that isn't over the top wafiu/fapping material! go!
Steven Universe
I'll never understand people who like super heavy DoF.
Good thing you could adjust all the effect settings in ENB.
Three years later and I'm still not sure what kind of game it actually is. Although I suspect that the hype generating trailers they've been showing off are what are getting those pre-orders.
The idea that it's still riding that E3 demo high is weirding me out, it's Ubisoft, people!

Eila

I dunno Gunsmith Cats? Never watched it but the manga is fun. It's 90s stuff so if you're one of those toonami guys you'll probably like it.
Gunsmith Cats PC game when?

Carcinogen is streaming RE0 Steam atm:
http://www.twitch.tv/carcinogensda

Game is looking super nice, even the cutscenes, and seeing it running 60 fps is awesome.
I am not impressed with the new font, though.

Jshackles about to get a bunch of absurdly ignorant emails.
When the PCGamer article came out, the Facebook comment section, of course being Facebook, had a few ignorant "Valve gonna ban you" comments, but there were also significantly more comments defending/explaining Idlemaster. So ignore the stupid people jshackles, you're doing good work!

Annubis

When the PCGamer article came out, the Facebook comment section, of course being Facebook, had a few ignorant "Valve gonna ban you" comments, but there were also significantly more comments defending/explaining Idlemaster. So ignore the stupid people jshackles, you're doing good work!

AKA let Darwinism do its thing.

I doubt I would buy the X collection if it came out on Steam anyway. Unless they make em look better.

I am content playing X1 on an emulator for the rest of time at this point.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hinomura's post reminds me that I still have to start Nocturne one of these days.

Also speaking of anime, does anyone remember what that show based on a mobile game was called? One of the protagonists had an afro? Giant monsters? I forget, I just remember it looked good though.

I have a feeling game will do really good on PC
I hope so.

Pachimari

I have no faith in Konami to bring the older Silent Hill games to Steam, which is a damn shame. Guessing we'll be stuck with Homecoming only forever.

This is really sad. I really want Origins, Shattered Memories, 2, 3, The Room and Downpour.

If I really had to chose (is it chose or choose?) one Capcom game only, I would probably point at Okami HD. How glorious that would look. And Catherine from Atlus. Please baby, please.

Shit, I'm hyped for the Division, and I don't have UPlay installed on my PC atm.

I blame Destiny for not being released on PC.
That beta was really dull though. It's somewhat pretty but what I gathered was, that it was basically starting out in a quarantine zone were you are forced to walk, load up and team up, and then you and your little team can enter the streets of New York to shoot down NPC soldiers, find objectives and all of those basic objectives.

No way! Wasn't it only just released?

Thank you for this! Hopefully I can find a little extra funds.

Pachimari

Oh, weird they haven't picked it up if they're collector's.

Is The Division on sale somewhere, since it's at #2? People are really paying full price for it?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Also speaking of anime, does anyone remember what that show based on a mobile game was called? One of the protagonists had an afro? Giant monsters? I forget, I just remember it looked good though.

I'm gonna guess Shingeki no Bahamut.

From what I understand, the game makers gave the anime studio a pile of money and said "make something cool vaguely related to our game." It was entertaining and pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom