• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

anybody actually have read that? What was that silly thing Ubi did, you mentioned

I didn't read all yet, only few parts randomly. And to see what is different you need to read old ToS and Privacy Policy and i am too lazy to do it (and i really don't like to read ToS documents because they are usually boring). But from things i have read i think that User Generated Content part could be interesting to some (even though i still don't know what UGC they are talking about XD is it about mods, fan art, YouTube, all together?) and part about terminating Services is a bit worrying but i think that it is not any different from other companies (they have right to shut own service without warning etc.).

tumblr_l7nqsaWYXQ1qcpdqto1_500.jpg

gotta love the office, lol

Arthea

Same here, I finished it on 2015 by playing mostly short games and skipping long ones, but I want to play some long ones this year so I doubt I'll finish the challenge.

There is a good side to this approach, though
There were several short games I wouldn't have played (slow walking games, lol) if not for that challenge and I ended up liking them, in particular Tengami, Qora and Kairo (well, Kairo turned to be not a short game, but still).
Oh and Artifex Mundi games too!

Still the best way is not to shy from games we want to play just because they are long or very time consuming, because that kinda makes that challenge more like stress and no fun, no?

Ludens

Banned
Nice, MGO is filled with cheaters. I killed a dude, the game gave me points, but this dude continued to run around like nothing.
Another time I met an invisible dude teleporting around the map.

zkylon

zkylewd
finished wolfenstein

pretty cool game, i appreciate the mix of old and new and the open arenas you got to fight in. i also like having a lot of guns to choose from, tho i don't care for them taking them away every new level. the light stealth stuff is also pretty fun since getting caught is not really that punishing

the story, ehh, i know that got praise and i can see why, they've definitely gone above and beyond the call of duty but i still didn't really like it. it's an excuse to take you to cool places and it does a lot of different things but in the end i didn't care for any of them, i def didn't find the sin city narration compelling and like the grindhouse stuff, or the humor and whatnot all felt flat and kind of gross to me. the idea is that this is a very trashy pulp story that pretends to be about way more than it actually is, i get that, but i didn't enjoy it's angle, maybe because the game is so freaking violent i often ended my sessions feeling kind of sick. i definitely love some nonsense-philosophical talk like in max payne, but in here it just felt soulless and unraelatable

anyways, ignoring that story stuff not being to my liking, it's refreshing to play a game that gives you a ton of guns and lets you run around while shooting bad guys, instead of cowering behind a block of cement

probably the shooter i've liked most since bulletstorm, tho tbh i don't think i've played that many since then haha

Haunted

steam peeps, what's the word on punch club
Solid concept and pixel art, a billion movie and pop culture references on every screen if that's your thing, absolutely dreadful pacing and balancing.

I recommend playing through it once with cheatengine to see all the content.

daydream

Banned
Amazing. Buy it. No moe, not cat girls and I still love it. That's like 23/10 in IGN.

woah there

Solid concept and pixel art, a billion movie and pop culture references on every screen if that's your thing, absolutely dreadful pacing and balancing.

hm not interested in setting up cheat engine

could you elaborate on the problems? pacing issues sounds like 'grinding' to me in the context of the game

I remember running around as a teenager with a big machete and cutting down banana trees in one swing like some badass samurai in Bushido Blade.

Squeenix should re-release BB on Steam with multiplayer.

Oh yeah, I played the shit out of that game with my friends.
The game didn't aged well though, highly doubt it that it will happen.

Oh Shit, what am I even talking about, we already have an Origin OT

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=495614

And a uplay OT

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=510549

Holy shit, there's a uplay OT on gaf?
And Origin too.

Nice, MGO is filled with cheaters. I killed a dude, the game gave me points, but this dude continued to run around like nothing.
Another time I met an invisible dude teleporting around the map.

Oh well, just when I was about to install the game.
Thanks, that was close.

Arthea

boo this guy

There is a good side to this approach, though
There were several short games I wouldn't have played (slow walking games, lol) if not for that challenge and I ended up liking them, in particular Tengami, Qora and Kairo (well, Kairo turned to be not a short game, but still).
Oh and Artifex Mundi games too!

Still the best way is not to shy from games we want to play just because they are long or very time consuming, because that kinda makes that challenge more like stress and no fun, no?

Definitely! I played a few short games just to make progress instead of having fun, it was really stressful, totally not worth it.

Ludens

Banned
Oh well, just when I was about to install the game.
Thanks, that was close.

The game itself is very funny to play, I'm liking it (even if I did just a couple of match, I'm only level 8, I unlocked a bunch of stuff but for some reason the game won't let me personalize my character, so I ended on keep using the default kit).

Cloak and Dagger is, of course, the Pro mode, if you die, you need to wait for the end of the turn, no respawn. Funny and tense mode, but I think it's not well balanced, it seems way too hard grab the disc and return to your base, at least in all matched I played no one was able to do so, even level 16 players.

Take the Comm is a fast mode, great to increase your level, again very funny to play. There are respawns so it can be played by everyone.

I still need to check other modes.

One thing I don't understand is: how can I shut up other players? I pushed Y to take audio off but nothing happened, it's a nightmare, plenty of people hearing music, I can listen to other people Steam chat notification sound, plus the MGO them they are using. It's a nightmare.

Haunted

woah there

hm not interested in setting up cheat engine

could you elaborate on the problems? pacing issues sounds like 'grinding' to me in the context of the game
toastytoast had a good write-up on the game where I gave my 2 cents as well.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=191955506

There's definitely a ton of grinding and repetition in the game, which can be only partly excused with the game's nature as a time management sim. I think they're stretching out their mechanics and content way past the breaking point and my patience.

daydream

Banned
toastytoast had a good write-up on the game where I gave my 2 cents as well.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=191955506

There's definitely a ton of grinding and repetition in the game, which can be only partly excused with the game's nature as a time management sim. I think they're stretching out their mechanics and content way past the breaking point and my patience.

gotcha, thanks. sounds like a bummer that could still be salvaged. will hold off for now.

Monooboe

Whoa I've been out couple of days and I miss 30 pages.XD Man I wish I was on the Dragons Dogma train but just can't afford it right now and I'm about to finish Mad Max, need to find an open world game.

Got to GasTown in Mad Max and one thing the game does really well is all the different kind of desert it manages to do, I'm actually quite impressed.

Arthea

PC GOTY according to EDGE is Kerbal Space Program

Anybody remembers that game with most terrifying steam banner? I forgot which one was it.

Miff

Not sure why I didn't play The Talos Principle: Road To Gehenna when I bought it the day it came out. No intro puzzles and they're already interesting from the outset.

The solution Open Field while not that tough did make me do the Antonio Banderas when I got it running.

Interesting, I played through Talos over Xmas (Stunning game btw SteamGAF), but saved Gehenna for later as assumed it would be more of the same. Will have to launch it soon.

-----

Thought of the day. Drop your waifu, ruin your laifu :(

The game itself is very funny to play, I'm liking it (even if I did just a couple of match, I'm only level 8, I unlocked a bunch of stuff but for some reason the game won't let me personalize my character, so I ended on keep using the default kit).

Cloak and Dagger is, of course, the Pro mode, if you die, you need to wait for the end of the turn, no respawn. Funny and tense mode, but I think it's not well balanced, it seems way too hard grab the disc and return to your base, at least in all matched I played no one was able to do so, even level 16 players.

Take the Comm is a fast mode, great to increase your level, again very funny to play. There are respawns so it can be played by everyone.

I still need to check other modes.

One thing I don't understand is: how can I shut up other players? I pushed Y to take audio off but nothing happened, it's a nightmare, plenty of people hearing music, I can listen to other people Steam chat notification sound, plus the MGO them they are using. It's a nightmare.

Thanks for the write-up!
I read mixed impressions about the game, but still looking forward to the game. Too bad our fears is happening though, they didn't do anything to prevent cheating.

Anybody remembers that game with most terrifying steam banner? I forgot which one was it.

Sakura games?

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Dwarf Run -- MB-FE7A2DA2AFA4BB0F - Taken by texhnolyze
Fractal: Make Blooms Not War -- MB-EA1FE33CB3CDFC04 - Taken by shervinrs

Playing games sucks, I can't keep up with the thread anymore since getting back into FFXI.

garath

Kinda in the fence with The Division when it comes to where to get it. Do you guys think it's worth to spend an extra few bucks to get it on Steam or should I go straight with uPlay?

I don't know if you are in the US, but I got it from best buy. I have 20% off with the GCU and they had/have a promo for a $10 reward certificate and the week that I bought it they had another $5 reward certificate for it. Grand total around $35 after tax.

Messiah

Interesting, I played through Talos over Xmas (Stunning game btw SteamGAF), but saved Gehenna for later as assumed it would be more of the same. Will have to launch it soon.

-----

Thought of the day. Drop your waifu, ruin your laifu :(

RIP. So close before getting her own game on Steam as well!

lashbot curation algorithm to filter out the worst kind of garbage, when?
What if he already is filtering out the worst and this is what is above the threshold? Quite the scary thought.

wbacon never came back.

Died of laughter when you mentioned Dino Crisis.

I don't know if you are in the US, but I got it from best buy. I have 20% off with the GCU and they had/have a promo for a $10 reward certificate and the week that I bought it they had another $5 reward certificate for it. Grand total around $35 after tax.

Damn, what a deal.

Will the Division bundled with nvidia cards as well later?
Perhaps I can get a much cheaper key from that.

Milamber

Euro Truck Sim 2 needs some migrant mods for France. Imagine roving bands of NPC's jumping onto your truck every time you tried to take the tunnel.

Lunaniem

Damn, what a deal.

Will the Division bundled with nvidia cards as well later?
Perhaps I can get a much cheaper key from that.

Nvidia is only giving Tomb Raider codes till mid-February so it's possible it could be the next bundled game.

Let's hope not for Newegg sake. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom