• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

PC GOTY according to EDGE is Kerbal Space Program

Strong choice.

Anyway, I was playing Person 4 Golden on the bus this morning when I realised that Atlus are actually doing us all a favour by not realising their games on PC. They just don't want us to suffer from the devestating waifu wars. Very kind of them really.
Yukiko best girl.

I made a horrible mistake ...

I bought Dragon's Dogma during the sale but I refunded it 3 days ago when I found out you can get it for nearly half the price at IG.

Little did I know the money can take up to 14 days to transfer ... fuuuuuuuuuu

Jawmuncher

I made a horrible mistake ...

I bought Dragon's Dogma during the sale but I refunded it 3 days ago when I found out you can get it for nearly half the price at IG.

Little did I know the money can take up to 14 days to transfer ... fuuuuuuuuuu

IG?

Euro Truck Sim 2 needs some migrant mods for France. Imagine roving bands of NPC's jumping onto your truck every time you tried to take the tunnel.

This shouldn't have made me laugh. But it did.

Straight to hell.

Really hoping the Scandinavia expansion gets a decent discount soonish so I can pick it up.

Nvidia is only giving Tomb Raider codes till mid-February so it's possible it could be the next bundled game.

Let's hope not for Newegg sake. :c

I hope so.

Dragons Dogma will easily sell 1 million in the first month. It will do fine.

I won't be so sure.
500k perhaps, but not 1 million. Judging from the steam discussion boards that I've been watching these days, there are still lots of PC only gamers that have no idea what DD is.

Is it lke Skyrim?
Is it like Dark Souls?
Is it like The Witcher 3?

yuraya

Man I feel the rust playing MGO. I haven't played an online shooter in nearly 2 years.

I've become such a casual noob with all these singleplayer ass singleplayer games :(

Anyways MGO3 is a lot of fun
once you stop playing with a controller lol
. I see myself playing this for a while. Just curious tho since this is the beta does that mean all progress gets wiped when it officially launches? That is how it usually works with beta's right?

Ludens

Banned
Man I feel the rust playing MGO. I haven't played an online shooter in nearly 2 years.

I've become such a casual noob with all these singleplayer ass singleplayer games :(

Anyways MGO3 is a lot of fun
once you stop playing with a controller lol
. I see myself playing this for a while. Just curious tho since this is the beta does that mean all progress gets wiped when it officially launches? That is how it usually works with beta's right?

No, I think this is not the case. Konami on Pc for MGSV used to "beta-test" patches: if all goes well, simply the beta patch becomes a normal patch, but if you already installed it, the game won't install additional files.
Basically what I think is, if MGO after this phase will be considered ok, simply this build will be rolled out for all users. Considering you can spend your MB coins on MGO, it would be stupid erasing all progress, since right now you can use the xp boost on MGO too.

dex3108

I finished Uncharted 1 Remastered finally after starting it few weeks ago :D And now i am thinking when we will get another treasure hunt adventure IP. Good ting is that Rise of the Tomb Raider is near and soon after that Uncharted 4.

yuraya

No, I think this is not the case. Konami on Pc for MGSV used to "beta-test" patches: if all goes well, simply the beta patch becomes a normal patch, but if you already installed it, the game won't install additional files.
Basically what I think is, if MGO after this phase will be considered ok, simply this build will be rolled out for all users. Considering you can spend your MB coins on MGO, it would be stupid erasing all progress, since right now you can use the xp boost on MGO too.

Yea I didn't think about the MB coins stuff. Makes sense not to do a wipe.

Thanks.

You're free to make an Origin (GOGG, uplay) OT where the community can gather and talk about exciting upcoming games and store deals.

This is not the PC community OT, just Steam.
There are specific Origin and Uplay threads already.... and both are dead, hah.

It may be called Steam thread but I'll always use it as a general PC gaming thread thus.

Anteater

Not surprising, people probably got tired of making spreadsheets on the computer, I did too, I uninstalled my microsoft office the other day and picked up a playstation 4.

Couldn't be happier

Bought Resident Evil Zero, Think i'll wait on Dragons Dogma.

Done the same. DD looks cool but I've not got the time for another big game :/

That's me as well.
It's also cheaper and I'm a huge RE fanatic.

Main reason is lack of time though, I've barely made any progress in Yakuza 5 and I bought it day 1. Really sucks, I was really looking forward to this game.

A few days ago I asked if anyone here is into Shadow Hearts but noone replied. I'm having a blast revisiting those games, what an underrated franchise.

Anteater

I used a mac for the longest time until just this gen, if I didn't care about playing video games I'd probably just stick to using whatever laptops.

Arthea

That's me as well.
It's also cheaper and I'm a huge RE fanatic.

Main reason is lack of time though, I've barely made any progress in Yakuza 5 and I bought it day 1. Really sucks, I was really looking forward to this game.

A few days ago I asked if anyone here is into Shadow Hearts but noone replied. I'm having a blast revisiting those games, what an underrated franchise.

I missed your post, and even if I'm not considering myself Shadow Hearts fan, I think that ShH2 was a nice game, while first one is OK, and lol at the third one. We talked about it several times, Koudelka too, btw. I don't see it as underrated, I kinda think that ideas behind games are better than games themselves, although 2nd one - Covenant, was a step in the right direction.
Koudelka was bad tho.

PC Gaming is dead

totally, just look at PC game section in any game store

am I doing it right?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I finished Uncharted 1 Remastered finally after starting it few weeks ago :D And now i am thinking when we will get another treasure hunt adventure IP. Good ting is that Rise of the Tomb Raider is near and soon after that Uncharted 4.
There are never enough historical legend and/or treasure based adventure games.
Or in any other form of entertainment.

That reminds me, I have to continue playing Deadfall Adventures one of these day's. Loved the first hour. It wasn't great, but it sure was charming. Even with it's dreadull voice-acting.

Really looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider. Just two more weeks! :)

He only make Drake looks more foolish.

I honestly think it is, no matter how small it is.
We had a weekly gaming party at my former company, with a pre-built office PC. Pre-built office PCs are not that bad these days.

Well, yeah I have a prebuilt system too. I currently have a 4 year old Dell xps 8500 but I upgraded it. Normally I would have bought a new system by now but I I'm waiting a year to see how the new CPUs from intel and amd pan out.

I find the news worrying but it has nothing to do with gaming.
Not exactly on topic, but our department has just replaced a bunch of PCs with i7 4770 CPUs (we use them to host app servers, and browsing) with a new batch of PCs packing 4790s, I totally wanted buy one cheap, but our TA had an explicit order that "old" computers are to be recycled or trashed, what a waste!

He was never subtle from the start.

Seriously.

It's strange that it continues, too. It just reeks of that whole, "But I'm not breaking any rules!" bullshit that flies when someone knowingly toes a line. There's a clear agenda provided with little to no substantive discourse and it happens so frequently. I don't get it.

The same thing pops up every time someone tries to call out Apple for keeping its holdings out of the U.S. "But we pay every single tax dollar that we owe!" (Ignores the ethical question of exploiting obvious loopholes that will never close due to business and capital fetishism.)

Arthea

I find the news worrying but it has nothing to do with gaming.

why do you find it worrying, there is nothing to worry about, imo
For example my office has such arrangement with an IT company and all our servers and PCs (even administration ones) are custom build by our specifications, anything prebuilt we have at all are laptops. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's so rare these days.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Players Duped By Steam's Winter Sale 'ARG' Send Valve An Actual Red Herring

Steam’s big winter sale included an alternate reality game that... really wasn’t. After following a rather unsatisfying breadcrumb trail, players unlocked a Steam badge titled “Red Herring.” Very funny, Valve. Now, though, joke’s on them.

A member of the subreddit dedicated to untangling Valve’s web of steamy secrets confirmed that a) they sent Valve some goddamn fish, and b) Valve received the goddamn fish.

There’s even a video of Valve employees unwrapping their present

Fun! Also some Valve folks apparently wear sweet Ghost in the Shell cyberpunk outfits to work.

Oh, and here’s an image of the wrapping paper they sent it in:

wEq49Sz.jpg

Players Duped By Steam's Winter Sale 'ARG' Send Valve An Actual Red Herring

So then, all’s well that ends well, I suppose. Here’s hoping, though, that next time Valve does a meta game (or, GabeN forbid, a video game) there’s a little more to it.

Messiah

Man, MGO is a real bummer.

The one good thing I can say about it is that you can have Monsoon's and Armstrong's boss theme from MGR:R playing during matches. Apart from that there is some serious CQC warping going on and autoaim in a competitive game is kind of bullshit.

Not my cup of tea at all.

accel

why do you find it worrying, there is nothing to worry about, imo

Well, the numbers do decline, but I agree it's not a big deal wrt, say, Steam - Steam is growing alright despite the declines in PC sales. (Also, the current record decline they posted is something of an outlier - they themselves say at the end of the article that "The decline is expected to slow to 1 per cent in the coming year, largely due to a 'soft recovery' in late 2016", so the tendencies are clear, yet they aren't nearly as pronounced as the figure on top of the article would suggest.)

Ban Puncher

The one good thing I can say about it is that you can have Monsoon's and Armstrong's boss theme from MGR:R playing during matches. Apart from that there is some serious CQC warping going on and autoaim in a competitive game is kind of bullshit.

git gud

git cheatz

What did you expect from no VAC?

dex3108

There are never enough historical legend and/or treasure based adventure games.
Or in any other form of entertainment.

That reminds me, I have to continue playing Deadfall Adventures one of these day's. Loved the first hour. It wasn't great, but it sure was charming. Even with it's dreadull voice-acting.

Really looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider. Just two more weeks! :)

Sad thing is that this is last Uncharted at least for a while and we will maybe get another TR game before they go on break too. And after that nothing. And that is genre that has huge potential but nobody wants to make another IP. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom