• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I am late for my own birthday, but I have come to make up for that.
(To everyone who gave me birthday wishes earlier in the thread and elsewhere thank you)

bd84onb.png
Oh? Happy birthday Jawwy!

Kriken

(To everyone who gave me birthday wishes earlier in the thread and elsewhere thank you)

bd84onb.png

A giveaway on YOUR birthday, making me feel bad for doing nothing here on mine :/

Happy B-Day you crazy dinosaur-lover

Ludens

Banned
Ok, Dead Synchronicity is another game in which the main character will screw up all people he can in order to reach is goal. This is what happened in a chapter I just completed:

you give two children a slingshot, KNOWING they would use it in order to kill a guard. Guess what, they kill a guard. You go around, after a while those children are ready to be executed by a soldier. In order to save the day, the protagonist finds...a preacher who just died. So what he does? He puts acid on his face, but if this is not enough, he cut his face with glasses and put the slingshot on his body, than he tells the soldier he found the murder, and he probably FELT ruining his face in that manner.

Yakuza games are insane and schizhoprenic.
It's brilliant.

I really hope those rumors come true, I loved my time with Yakuza 3.
Even though most of it was spent playing pool and punching thugs through bicycles to make them apologize for being rude.

Happy Birthday, dude! Live long and prosper.

Usually when a publisher is "considering" something, they already planned it ;)
For Yakuza 0, this is also "confirmed" by the "console exclusive" during the last PS event.

gelf

Emulation is better than it use to be.
SSF is great for Saturn compatibility but it would still need a lot of work to be an acceptable vehicle for official PC ports. No arbitrary resolutions and no upping the FPS is supported. Dolphin it ain't.

I'd love it to happen though. I'd rather have Saturn classics rather then anything by Platinum or any Sega releases since that console.. except Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yakuza games are insane and schizhoprenic.
It's brilliant.

I really hope those rumors come true, I loved my time with Yakuza 3.
Even though most of it was spent playing pool and punching thugs through bicycles to make them apologize for being rude.
Happy Birthday, dude! Live long and prosper.

bd84onb.png

Happy birthday jaw, may all the Dino Crisis games (that is, Dino Crisis 1 and 2) come to Steam soon!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Does anyone here have an opinion on Orlygift? I've never heard of them, but they've been sent a offer for my game and DLC to be in a bundle. I'm not going to do it, but curious if you all have ever heard of them and if you have an opinion?

Does anyone here have an opinion on Orlygift? I've never heard of them, but they've been sent a offer for my game and DLC to be in a bundle. I'm not going to do it, but curious if you all have ever heard of them and if you have an opinion?

It's one of those places that offer free games in exchange for your soul (facebook, twitter stuff)

Ludens

Banned

I know them for their crappy giveaways in which you need to do some social stuff and linking plus returning on the page on regular basis with the HOPE to win something, that is very crappy.
From a business perspective, I don't know them, but I'd say if the offer is good, read the contract carefully and go for it. After all your game is free, so you don't gain so much money out of it if not for the DLC.
Consider how many DLC copies you sold until now, and than decide if it's worth to put it into a bundle, because when bundled (probably, in your case, in the lowest tier, since the LDc is already cheap), a game's life is basically done.

Dusk Golem

I really hope Resonance of Fate is coming, that game has style and tri-Ace magic too, also it has an amazing opening, just watch and listen to this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xFQ9dGfPY

I've seen it countless times, never seems to be enough

The game looks incrediably interesting to me though I have never played it. Heard good things and I hope SEGA ports it.

First Dino Crisis, then Parasite Eve...and then the world!

If you could see my checklist of horror games I want to come to Steam... But yes, Dino Crisis 1 & 2 and Parasite Eve 1 & 2, are on it

Jawmuncher

Thanks everyone.
Also the trivia Answer was Head. The first DDK puzzle solution in Dino Crisis. Hopefully DC comes to steam relatively soon, so I'm not sitting on that promise for ages.

Ludens

Banned
Anyway, what happened to that publisher releasing PS1 games on Steam? I was waiting for Koudelka, nothing came.
EDIT: Lost the DC giveaway, I won't post anymore because when I do so I lose nice stuff, I will just lurk from now on.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Higurashi When They Cry Hou: Ch.1 Onikakushi -- MB-8A236352D38B4957 - Taken by data. 58 entrants total.
It takes a while before it gets good and when it does, you'll want the early stuff back again...
Ikaruga -- MB-3F0E99642896CD81 - Taken by Kadin. 168 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-06B4982378B8EAD1 - Taken by fernandes. 115 entrants total.
Apply the simple fixes explained in the game's Steam Community Guides for best Suda51 experience
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die -- MB-B05E66D143D727C6 - Taken by MayMay. 277 entrants total.
Recipient of Durante's Seal of Quality Award.
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-7A807CDE8E514B78 - Taken by ZeroAKA. 133 entrants total.
Contradiction -- MB-C0460F2FF8A7FA79 - Taken by Secret Fawful. 233 entrants total.
SteamGAF approved GotY 2015 contender featuring the best 2015 VG protagonist
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-0AC6CC97B24AE30A - Taken by Insured. 71 entrants total.
Aviary Attorney -- MB-1160101979DFD4D4 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 202 entrants total.
Adventures of Pip -- MB-43E08BD9639159B3 - Taken by MushroomSamba. 95 entrants total.
One of my personal 2015 GotY contenders
Grandia II -- MB-58E7754A45B8A230 - Taken by Dragoon_lantz. 258 entrants total.
Ladra -- MB-7D3229FD9E2E9F64 - Taken by Tony91. 23 entrants total.
An interesting stealth game made using RPGMaker
Strider -- MB-005BDAB00393BF78 - Taken by NEO0MJ. 34 entrants total.
Kero Blaster -- MB-EAFA47F71A75BDF1 - Taken by Dark Rider. 121 entrants total.
Secret & underappreciated GotY contender for 2 years running.
Freedom Planet -- MB-445F5B707EFB86D7 - Taken by Texan365. 70 entrants total.

My personal GotY 2014.
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-9C7FBF39CF9BCFFD - Taken by chronobeej. 33 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-26EFBE89DBC9573D - Taken by Majukun. 108 entrants total.
The Wolf among us -- MB-9A9D704740287DF3 - Taken by RedFalco. 94 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC -- MB-671E35D94DBE9A45 - Taken by V3rt1go. 285 entrants total.
ONLY ENTER IF YOU OWN TITS FIRST CHAPTER PLEASE.
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-35860ECC7197B920 - Taken by eternalthree. 40 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-259CD7CBAE6B76CC - Taken by orichalcos. 71 entrants total.
Exploding robots and a great cast of characters, give this TPS a chance
King's Quest 2015 Ep. 1 -- MB-E4336202DC4F182F - Taken by Yomidi. 27 entrants total.
This is only the first episode, but it's good length
Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-0DF4EFDFC5B34754 - Taken by Teppic. 208 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-A84C1D100478F9B9 - Taken by emptyroom. 107 entrants total.
Outland -- MB-A51B5993EAC02AD0 - Taken by Patrick S.. 19 entrants total.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-B086DEF33B1B96F7 - Taken by Sophia. 815 entrants total.
Undisputed 2016 GOTY contender filled with 4k 60 fps BBQed Wolves, Arisen.
Lumino City -- MB-3B85E2E41D0B8DF0 - Taken by Bluforce. 19 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-CC1636C906688FF5 - Taken by Nairume. 105 entrants total.
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-F9707DE9D462B4A8 - Taken by madjoki. 40 entrants total.
Gunhound EX -- MB-CB9E1E41B5641D27 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 28 entrants total.
DuckTales Remastered -- MB-F5FE8815570D207F - Taken by Cels. 127 entrants total.
The Citizen Cane of Video Games.
The Bionic Commando Pack -- MB-65FDB252EB7E6AAF - Taken by tioslash. 31 entrants total.

t1452018346z1.png

Arthea

after that new Parasite Eve, that one we pretend doesn't exist, it seems PE is gone for good, a pity really.

edited: damn, forgot to mention, don't read comments under that RoF opening, spoilers everywhere!

I was wrong, it's not 60€, only 50€. And the edition with season pass is 78€.
You can find it everywhere on One for 30€ or less.

Buying a Square Enix game for full price is a fools errand, they drop in price really quickly. I could see it being $30 within the first few months, maybe sooner with the Nvidia codes.

looks like all RotTR pre-orders get a free copy of the Tomb Raider reboot...though I wonder how mnay people don;t have that by now considering all of the sales, bundles, etc it's had

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Buying a Square Enix game for full price is a fools errand, they drop in price really quickly. I could see it being $30 within the first few months, maybe sooner with the Nvidia codes.

I love the tomb raider reboot so I'll gladly pay a small premum to play it at release.

Dusk Golem

It's one of those places that offer free games in exchange for your soul (facebook, twitter stuff)

Oh boy. Thanks for the info.

I know them for their crappy giveaways in which you need to do some social stuff and linking plus returning on the page on regular basis with the HOPE to win something, that is very crappy.
From a business perspective, I don't know them, but I'd say if the offer is good, read the contract carefully and go for it. After all your game is free, so you don't gain so much money out of it if not for the DLC.
Consider how many DLC copies you sold until now, and than decide if it's worth to put it into a bundle, because when bundled (probably, in your case, in the lowest tier, since the LDc is already cheap), a game's life is basically done.

It's what I was thinking on the free thing, now the DLC does cost something and it does have a bonus 1-2 hour campaigny thing in it, but while I was going to decline thought it might be good to ask you guys on them for future information.

I think it's easy to go after the quick product and money with a game like mine, but I want to hold to a better standard than that and resoect customers who decided to buy the DLC and such, I want thise who buy early to be rewarded on it, not hurt, and make good decisions with long-term thoughts. My next couple games coming out within the next three months on Steam are both also free, but after that have a proper artist on board and going to tried a few small paid games, see how it goes.

I have another browser logged into my fake souls so it's okay.

Imagine if copies of you ended up in digital hell.
I don't know where I'm going with this.

Thanks everyone.
Also the trivia Answer was Head. The first DDK puzzle solution in Dino Crisis. Hopefully DC comes to steam relatively soon, so I'm not sitting on that promise for ages.

Oh my, hold onto the dream, WE'LL BE IN A CRISIS WITH THOSE DINOS IN NO TIME.

DinoCrisisGIF.gif

latest

DINO
STALKER
PARTY!!

yuraya

That Crypt of the Necrodancer title screen song is stuck in my head. Seriously I can't believe how well the game works with the whole rogue and rhythm stuff. The difficulty is ace too. I'm starting to see why that game has 98% overwhelmingly positive reviews. Its so fucking good :D

Happy Birthday!

I love the tomb raider reboot so I'll gladly pay a small premum to play it at release.

Yeah for sure, support them if you want, the game seems great. Just letting some people not in the know about my hot economic Square Enix game pricing predictions. I remember paying full price for Sleeping Dogs and then before I got an email receipt it was half off on another website lol.

user237

I already own a certain game on my Steam account.

I have an extra key of that game from a very old bundle.

I put the code in my steam client and it tells me "Product already owned"

Can I be 100% sure that the code is valid? Like I can put it in a giveaway or give to a friend and I won't be passing out bad codes?

garath

I really hope Resonance of Fate is coming, that game has style and tri-Ace magic too, also it has an amazing opening, just watch and listen to this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6xFQ9dGfPY

I've seen it countless times, never seems to be enough

edited: don't read comments under that RoF opening, spoilers!

RoF on PC will be incredible. I sold off all my old ps3 games a long time ago but I couldn't bring myself to sell RoF. I love that game. It is unique and challenging and a great rpg imo.

Dusk Golem

Anyway, what happened to that publisher releasing PS1 games on Steam? I was waiting for Koudelka, nothing came.
EDIT: Lost the DC giveaway, I won't post anymore because when I do so I lose nice stuff, I will just lurk from now on.

I hope something comes of it. If Koudelka comes to Steam, I'm recommending it to all of you. It's a fantastic Horror-RPG that's the precursor to the Shadow Heart games.

after that new Parasite Eve, that one we pretend doesn't exist, it seems PE is gone for good, a pity really.

edited: damn, forgot to mention, don't read comments under that RoF opening, spoilers everywhere!

Third Birthday's okay, not what people want from a third PE game, but actually pretty fun, nice combat, though the clothes-shredding thing is weird.

Arthea

Can I be 100% sure that the code is valid? Like I can put it in a giveaway or give to a friend and I won't be passing out bad codes?

unfortunately no, if even a key is used, when you own a game, steam just says you own it already, even if it's used, the message is the same.

Dusk Golem

You're fine. If the key wasn't redeemed it can still be given to someone else.

But if you're checking to see if a code is used, it'll just give you the same message so you can't discern from that if it's been used or not. Just the key won't be used right then.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm really interested in Rise, but not at that price. I usually buy my SE games at GMG if I'm hyped enough to pre-order them or buy them soon after launch, they almost always have a launch discount that stacks with their current coupon code. I see that the grey market key sites are already selling it for $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom