• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do EA even still hold rights to publishing? That could be a game that Ghostlight could publish in their stead on PC :X

I think EA still has the rights for that one. Kinda sucks also that the game had to be changed so much to meet EA demands.

First Mega Satan kill on my first attempt, but I didn't unlock Dad's Key somehow. Even more tempted to cave and pick up Afterbirth regardless.

accel

Speaking of LoL, we have a female cyberathlete in NA LCS this year. It should have happened sooner or later. :)

(Do they have that in DOTA?)

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Dragons Dogma related to Dark Souls in any way?

nope

there's similarities i guess but they're still very different, unrelated games

Speaking of LoL, we have a female cyberathlete in NA LCS this year. It should have happened sooner or later. :)

(Do they have that in DOTA?)
not sure

but there's been female players in other competitive games like starcraft, street fighter and i think smash

this scarlett play is pretty good

Jawmuncher

GMG didn't send keys out yet then? Weird, given they had Dogma in abundance. I only bought from Steam because I had leftover sales funds.

Wouldn't surprise me but still :(

Keys will probably be out monday. There should be a preload as well (if there isn't one already).
But yeah DD did take a bite off a piece of RE0 hype for most. Weird to have two capcom games release so closely together.
DD should have been like 2 weeks earlier, not the friday of. Still it's RE and I see it doing fine.

Keys will probably be out monday. There should be a preload as well (if there isn't one already).
But yeah DD did take a bite off a piece of RE0 hype for most. Weird to have two capcom games release so closely together.
DD should have been like 2 weeks earlier, not the friday of. Still it's RE and I see it doing fine.

Preload is already up for 0 :3

And yeah I guess RE0 will sell on name alone.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't understand how anyone can play grim fandango on the option that isn't tank controls

it's disgraceful

tho im quite enjoying point and click mode, probably gonna play it that way

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of spindoctor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen -- MB-2E7B27510BFBCD08 - Taken by Kiru. 67 entrants total.

t1453068356z1.png

gelf

i don't understand how anyone can play grim fandango on the option that isn't tank controls

it's disgraceful

tho im quite enjoying point and click mode, probably gonna play it that way

I think point and click is the best option now. I was team tank all the way when I first played the original version though. Camera angle changes totally mess with my head otherwise.

Tempted to get RE0 even if its my least favorite of the classic style Resident Evils. Fixed camera tank Resident Evil needs my support.

zkylon

zkylewd
I originally played that game with a joystick.
joystick is ok, no tank controls is the issue

that's just gross

I think point and click is the best option now. I was team tank all the way when I first played the original version though. Camera angle changes totally mess with my head otherwise.
yea my brain is incapable of processing fixed camera angle games any other way than tank controls so it's not like i have much of a choice

point and click is very nice tho, i'm playing it with that and like it the best now

that's that then hahahaha
what's this refer to

what's this refer to

On the 28th there's going to be a SteamVR developer showcase for the Vive. HTC made a tweet yesterday teasing a Valve announcement hahaha. At least that's how majority took it.

How I took it from the beginning was Valve will be the host and they're going to unveil 3rd party stuff. This was the tweet:

HTC said:
Now that we've unveiled the Vive Pre at CES, who is excited to see what Valve is unveiling at their content showcase?

On that note it's pretty lame they don't have any 1st party stuff for their own HW....

zkylon

zkylewd
Switch bundle already Humble. Double Fine isn't worth 3 days.

any cool deals to jump for?

i'm tempted to get rocket league for the 1000000th time

On the 28th there's going to be a SteamVR developer showcase for the Vive. HTC made a tweet yesterday teasing a Valve announcement hahaha. At least that's how majority took it.

How I took it from the beginning was Valve will be the host and they're going to unveil 3rd party stuff. This was the tweet:

On that note it's pretty lame they don't have any 1st party stuff for their own HW....
yea that's kind of misleading

weird

but separate marketing teams tend to goof up like that heh

tmarg

Valve should license the rights to Half-Life 3 to the highest shovelware bidder. Valve gets money, the fans get a shitty game to shut them up once and for all, everyone's happy.

HL3 is now more valuable as a theoretical game than a real one. It seems like the best thing would be to expand on what they were doing with Portal, and continue the HL story in other games. Fans get some sort of closure, Valve can focus on developing stuff that actually makes sense for their business, and it doesn't preclude them from reopening the series in the future.

Jawmuncher

I didn't know Battleborn got delayed again. It was set for February, but not it's may. They REALLY don't want that game to bomb. They keep pushing it back I guess so they can market it better. Since right now it's still struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom