• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Let's just hope Capcom wasn't expecting 5M sales this time.
(at least not on launch)
They were pleased with re1 hd's sales so this game liekly did good for them
Now we just gota convince pleabes to buy it so it reaches 500k owners by year's end.

zkylon

zkylewd
somehow i just spent 3 hours talking with my brother about how good undertale is lol

we just couldn't fucking stop lol

definitely gonna be a goat indie for me, right there with braid, spelunky, vvvvvv, gone home, fez, the christine love games, always sometimes monsters, to the moon, hotline miami 1, lone survivor, little inferno, 30 flights of loving, etc.

(personally not big on ed mcmillen games or world of goo, but u know, to each their own)

i should someday make my favorite games list, not really a top 100 or anything, just a long list of games i find most important.

maybe i'll make a second curator group lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Love this Slain! gif, can't wait til it comes out

Bl5qBSR.gif

somehow i just spent 3 hours talking with my brother about how good undertale is lol

definitely gonna be a goat indie for me, right there with braid, spelunky, vvvvvv, gone home, fez, the christine love games, always sometimes monsters, to the moon, hotline miami 1, lone survivor, little inferno, 30 flights of loving, etc.

(personally not big on ed mcmillen games or world of goo, but u know, to each their own)

i should someday make my favorite games list, not really a top 100 or anything, just a long list of games i find most important.

Some days I can't tell if zkylon is being sincere or if whatever Ozium has is spreading.

I keep forgetting I need to play To The Moon some day. I'll put into my "to play next" list on steam.

Monooboe

Alright, Dragons Dogma is much more fun playing with pawns from people one actually knows! Thanks to jshackles and parsnip for competent pawns.:D

Thorgal

can someone test something really fast for me ?

Whenever i try to start up Dead space 2 i get a no connection error .

anyone else get therse or is it on my end only ?

Alright, Dragons Dogma is much more fun playing with pawns from people one actually knows! Thanks to jshackles and parsnip for competent pawns.:D

Some folks are going pretty hard into the game. I realize it's the weekend and all but some on my friends list have 10-15 hours played and pawns that are a dozen levels above my character already. Slow down and smell the roses folks!

Anybody played Chiptune Champion? It came out a few weeks back. Steam reviews seem pretty good and I'm a sucker for rhythm action games (and chiptunes) so I'll probably pick it up :)

Grief.exe

Didn't Valkyria reach 500k?

DD should have no trouble reaching that number.

Dragon's Dogma appeals to a more mainstream audience than Valkyria by default, so I'd imagine it will do very well.

Love this Slain! gif, can't wait til it comes out

Bl5qBSR.gif

Metal AF.

I'll have to check out Jshackles pawn.

Some folks are going pretty hard into the game. I realize it's the weekend and all but some on my friends list have 10-15 hours played and pawns that are a dozen levels above my character already. Slow down and smell the roses folks!

More like stop slacking and level your pawn already guys!
But yeah, kidding aside, I've seen level 50-70 pawns already. Holy cow.
I understand level 200-ish pawns though, must be people importing saves from consoles.

------------------------------------------------------

Redeemed my RotTR.
As I feared, it's nowhere near the other Tomb Raider games. It's on R. SE, please.

C4rter

Found some unredeemed keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) -- MB-EAD5560B83807DA8
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2 -- MB-DA669E0310E2ED7E - Taken by TheAutomator
Mirrors Edge -- MB-9D893A8C88572166 - Taken by Dangerblade
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-185CA20FDCF12836 - Taken by anastef
Ironclad Tactics -- MB-282CD009DDBC0AD2 - Taken by Large Professor
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces -- MB-C2CC210958816504 - Taken by nightstorm

fantomena

SteamGAF, I need your opinion on something.

I currently have 12 Gb RAM in my gaming PC. When I upgrade my PC this year/next year, should I go to 16 GB or 32 GB?

Corpekata

Banned
Don't worry, Undertale only has characters that talk about anime, there's no actual anime in it and so it was disqualified from Steamgaf GOTY.

Bl@de

Shouldn't the game be playing on the ITX build as well? That means nobody can watch a show on it. If the game is minimized then you'll end up seeing whatever the ITX is currently showing at the moment on your desktop. That's how it should work... right?

My TV has different HDMI inputs connected to consoles, dvb tuners, even the tv has apps ... And all devices have netflix and other stuff. So sure, the PC may be blocked but nobody will care about that :p

Backlogger

SteamGAF, I need your opinion on something.

I currently have 12 Gb RAM in my gaming PC. When I upgrade my PC this year/next year, should I go to 16 GB or 32 GB?

I wouldn't go to 32GB, it just doesn't seem necessary. I have 16 which is also probably overkill but remember that Batman AK required 12 in Windows 10. I always like to be over the min required.

12 is probably fine tho

I wouldn't go to 32GB, it just doesn't seem necessary. I have 16 which is also probably overkill but remember that Batman AK required 12 in Windows 10. I always like to be over the min required.

12 is probably fine tho

Here I am with 8 (it says 9 but I think that the extra one is a separate thing.) I'm gonna need to be more serious about upgrading soon.

Anteater

Where do you guys buy your gears?

There was a merchant in both cassardis and encampment and a few merchants in gran soren, the forgery dude in the alley might sell gears there too i think

Madeleine sells mostly thief/assassin/lady gears

My Fashion Dogma's is way stronger than yours.

yea i'm going to have to step my game up, haven't bought new gears because I went broke from dressing up my pawn

didn't even have money for her weapon

sold the monocle and i'm rich again though

JohnCYQ

Hey SteamGAF, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the full list of Japanese games that have been/will be released on Steam, including old game ports.

Searching on steam itself doesn't really work well because:
1) Searching JRPG for example, more than half the results consists of RPGmaker indie "JRPG" titles, which is not what I'm looking for.
2) Some games are not available in my region (Singapore) and hence will not even appear in the search result. For example, Final Fantasy IV's storepage cannot be accessed at all and will simply redirect me to the home page.

For point #2 especially, the only way I'm getting access to those games is to buy them from Humble Bundle, but I need to know which ones are on steam first.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hey SteamGAF, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the full list of Japanese games that have been/will be released on Steam, including old game ports.

Searching on steam itself doesn't really work well because:
1) Searching JRPG for example, more than half the results consists of RPGmaker indie "JRPG" titles, which is not what I'm looking for.
2) Some games are not available in my region (Singapore) and hence will not even appear in the search result. For example, Final Fantasy IV's storepage cannot be accessed at all and will simply redirect me to the home page.

For point #2 especially, the only way I'm getting access to those games is to buy them from Humble Bundle, but I need to know which ones are on steam first.
This curator might get you started. It's still missing a few games though (like SEGA's older releases that they packed up with an emulator).

edit: Ah, maybe the region thing might not work with this, whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom