• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

This curator might get you started. It's still missing a few games though (like SEGA's older releases that they packed up with an emulator).

edit: Ah, maybe the region thing might not work with this, whoops.

hmm im interested in some Japanese stuff , now lets se....

.... wait a minute!

7IrHwko.png

Wrestling is Anime now ?

JohnCYQ

This curator might get you started. It's still missing a few games though (like SEGA's older releases that they packed up with an emulator).

edit: Ah, maybe the region thing might not work with this, whoops.

This helps a lot, thanks. Anyone else got a different link to a list like that?

hmm im interested in some Japanese stuff , now lets se....

.... wait a minute!

7IrHwko.png

Wrestling is Anime now ?
John Cena is kawaii. Clearly.

Hektor

This
Wight
Bossfight in Dragons Dogma is so bullshit.

Everytime they come down i'll get them down to half HP, but when they fly up again they just heal themselfs with their Ufo Beam.

I just tried killing them for an entire ingame day'n'night cycle. I got 3 level ups just by killing the adds. But then i died to the tornado attack. Help!

Uzzy

Strange, there's a whole bunch of posts that I can't see anything in.

Also cool, Door Kickers 2 was announced. Expected in early access Q4 2016, it's focusing on special forces in the middle east rather than SWAT this time. Oh, and co-operative multiplayer is meant to be getting added too.

Lomax

What determines gem value of a card? Yesterday Two Worlds cards were 10 gems, now they're only 2. I can't make money off of this.

I've never seen the gem value of a card change, that's odd. Apparently Valve assigns them when they are created. And converting cards to gems is always the worst rate, the backgrounds/emoticons have the best conversion rates.

Grief.exe

I think I'm going to use one of those unscrupulous region trading sites to pre-order The Division if I end up enjoying the beta.

I'm already having Uplay forced on me either way, so I might as well reduce the cost as much as possible and I'm not worried about supporting the Publisher in this situation.

I think I'm going to use one of those unscrupulous region trading sites to pre-order The Division if I end up enjoying the beta.

I'm already having Uplay forced on me either way, so I might as well reduce the cost as much as possible and I'm not worried about supporting the Publisher in this situation.

It's possible it could end up as an NVIDIA bundle promo once the RotTR promo ends in February so the price could be low that way

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
D4's theme song in its weird sitcommy opening credits is kind of catchy as hell

D4 in general has a great OST, but yes, the Main Theme of D4 is catchy as hell.

I know it's probably easily available information, but I seriously need to look whoever is the main compoiser over at Swery's studio, I love his music a lot in both Deadly Premonition and D4 (assuming its the same person, but the music has some things in common, so believe it is).

One song in D4 I like a lot that's really simple is 'A String', the song that plays usually as a theme to Little Peggy.

...Now I'm going to be reminded how much I want a Season 2 of D4 to happen.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Hate to ask this, but how do I join the NeoGAF Steam Community?

The OP gives a link and says I need an invite, but who do I PM? The Steam page link has no instructions. Just built a new gaming PC and would love to link up with other Gaffers, but how?

Thanks in advance!

I was hoping Lego Marvel's Avengers would be out by now but that's still a week away so have this instead

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen -- MB-2E7B27510BFBCD08 - Taken by Kiru. 67 entrants total.

t1453068356z1.png

Sch1sm

Steam really needs to work on this whole "achievements don't unlock in offline mode, even if you start up the game after going online again," because now it'll forever bother me that I don't have those last 6 Game of Thrones achievements to support the Hell I went through in playing it.

RIP everyone. RIP Myra. RIP Lady Forrester. RIP warriors of the East. RIP Cotter. RIP.

Hate to ask this, but how do I join the NeoGAF Steam Community?

The OP gives a link and says I need an invite, but who do I PM? The Steam page link has no instructions. Just built a new gaming PC and would love to link up with other Gaffers, but how?

Thanks in advance!

Just link your Steam profile here and one of us will invite you.

Knurek

I'm not feeling Dragon's Dogma all that much to be honest.

Sure, the fighting is fun, but it doesn't have that 'one more tile' draw M&MX had, doesn't have the story draw Witcher 3 had and there's no Estelle as well.

Just reached Grand Soren, we'll see how it goes from here.

Vamphuntr

It's possible it could end up as an NVIDIA bundle promo once the RotTR promo ends in February so the price could be low that way

What's the best deal for the Division so far? I'm not paying 80$ CDN on steam for it. Was kind of hoping for a good discount since I'll be stuck with Uplay. No chance in hell steam keys will be discounted.

zkylon

zkylewd

Teggy

The only thing I don't like about DD (well actually some quickslots on the controller would be nice) is that you really can't explore. Several times I have done significant fighting/traveling to realize I can't be where I am without a quest. You can hunt around a little for treasure chests, but that's about it. Witcher 3 really resolved this problem with its design.

I was dead set on being a ranger the first time I could change my profession, but then I saw the wizard archer. Magic bow is so cool.

Oh, who's the Windows 10 expert here? I want to roll back out of the preview program so I can use ENB but when I try it says I have to remove users created since the last update before I can do so. Except there is only one user on my machine, me, the administrator.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just watch a bit of Colbert while playing Blade and Soul and suddenly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwstj9FJHGg

paging JaseC

*cough* I've not actually watched the whole thing, though.

Cena is hilarious in Trainwreck.

Do EA even still hold rights to publishing? That could be a game that Ghostlight could publish in their stead on PC :X

Hard to say. Grasshopper owns the game and it turned five last year, so maybe not. I wouldn't be shocked if EA has it locked down until 2020, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom