• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know Battleborn got delayed again. It was set for February, but not it's may. They REALLY don't want that game to bomb. They keep pushing it back I guess so they can market it better. Since right now it's still struggling.

What's worse, only a month later Overwatch launches.

I wonder if Valve even has anything to show for the launch of its own new Hardware...

Well, if they don't show anything at their own event, I doubt it.

Got a huge Steam backlog...and yet I went back to my DS. Finished Super Mystery Dungeon (got all 720 pokemon...well technically 779 cause there are repeats and different formes) and am now resolved to finish FFIII. Last time I gave up at the dragon that apparently requires you to use scholars.

Vamphuntr

I didn't know Battleborn got delayed again. It was set for February, but not it's may. They REALLY don't want that game to bomb. They keep pushing it back I guess so they can market it better. Since right now it's still struggling.

Hopefully they didn't funnel money from other projects into this. There's no hype for this and Overwatch is going to destroy it.

Wok

any cool deals to jump for?

i'm tempted to get rocket league for the 1000000th time

Anecdotal, but I should own Rocket League because it was offered with the Steam controller. Unfortunately, I used Steam bucks on another Steam account to order the Steam controller, and then the game was automatically added to this account, directly, no as a Steam gift. So... no preorder incentive for my Steam account in the end. Only a cool controller.

Wok

Also, there are two days left before the new Humble Bundle is announced. This will be the first real humble bundle of the year.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Already spent 70h in Witcher 3 and I still haven't been to Skellige. I'll probably play this game for the next few months -.-

But I want to play RotTR and Dragon's Dogma as well. So many games, so little time.

I'm enjoying Chroma Squad a lot, but I'm a bit concerned about the difficulty. I'm in the third season currently, on the normal difficulty, and so far the game is really easy.

Also, there are two days left before the new Humble Bundle is announced. This will be the first real humble bundle of the year.

I'm expecting absolutely nothing of it, so I can only be pleasantly surprised.

ib4 Total War Rebundle 3.

Knurek

header.jpg

Wrapped up Her Story.

Controversial opinion time: Not a bad game, but Christine Love games are better in every possible way and Contradiction is a better FMV offering.

I'd much rather have a tiered unlock system, like in Analogue. It's way too easy to unlock one of the ending segments just by getting lucky with the parser. :\

Well I am not sure I like Dragon's Dogma all that much something is off about it for me and it's not doing it for me. I'll keep playing to see if something clicks a bit longer but, I am not going to force myself much longer.

That said I don't think the game is bad or anything. I for sure understand why my friends loved it years ago on PS3 just don't know if it's my jam.

Wok

header.jpg

Wrapped up Her Story.

Controversial opinion time: Not a bad game, but Christine Love games are better in every possible way and Contradiction is a better FMV offering.

I'd much rather have a tiered unlock system, like in Analogue. It's way too easy to unlock one of the ending segments just by getting lucky with the parser. :\

Even with ending segments unlocked, there is plenty of backtrack to perform to be able to piece together the segments into a coherent scenario. I remember reading the OT posted on GAF and all the hidden details make the game really interesting and worth it.

Bummed that 4K support is bust but the art style in Oxenfree is incredible, and the characters emote really well for their size. Really looking forward to going through it once the resolution issues are fixed.

Only thing that's a bit annoying is the prompts for conversation responses start to go away before the other person finishes talking so I keep interrupting people. Maybe it'll be brought up later, lol.

I've been playing Bionic Commando off and on. I missed most of the 360 generation so TPSes with big bosses are still novel to me. Enjoying it quite a bit, a lot actually.

Man, ARMA3 really does play some tricks in my head. Years of fps shooting make me run like a headless chicken and die constantly. But after countless re-loads I now feel like getting the needed mindset. Slow, always on the lookout and most importantly, always hide behind a tree in combat, haha. Leaning is key but being to defensive leads to squadmates dying, so you can't be too safe. Really glad there is manual safe. Otherwise it'd be a world of pain. Currently playing the campaign and just assembled with the brits and going towards the downed Blackfoot heli.

Loving the game so far but man, don't love the performance at all. I tried tinkering around with everything but a stable 60 is just not working, argh! Hovers around 45 frames. It's a really mixed bag in that sadly :(
Currently at 1080p with everything on Very High but i get same exact performance with Ultra weirdly. Also can't see any visual nor performance difference between FSAA x8 / x2.
I might actually do the unthinkable and dial down all to High and... and.. yes my friends, dial down resolution below 1080p. 900p maybe.

D: I feel dirty

What's the best deal for the Division so far? I'm not paying 80$ CDN on steam for it. Was kind of hoping for a good discount since I'll be stuck with Uplay. No chance in hell steam keys will be discounted.

I think the best right now is around $43 at Funstock Digital or $45 at GMG with the 25% off voucher...don't know what those would be for CAD but I'd guess it'd still be cheaper than Steam

(GMG did email some people a 27% off voucher that could be used for the game but I believe those codes are account bound)

Pachimari

Anyone enjoying Oxenfree?

I'm enjoying it. Very nice atmosphere. I can't see myself do a second playthrough though, as getting around the Island is pretty slow.

Only thing that's a bit annoying is the prompts for conversation responses start to go away before the other person finishes talking so I keep interrupting people. Maybe it'll be brought up later, lol.

This is super annoying. Makes me stressed out.

I would also like for the sound design to have been better. So that it actually sounded like they were in a cave, or that they were far away from each other. Instead, it sounds like they are almost just talking into their microphones.

Volimar

Everyone's pawns are mages lol.

I did a few quests in the first city, went to the encampment, and then went south a bit and got into the fight of my life. Went through so many consumables.

r3n4ud

I think the best right now is around $43 at Funstock Digital or $45 at GMG with the 25% off voucher...don't know what those would be for CAD but I'd guess it'd still be cheaper than Steam

(GMG did email some people a 27% off voucher that could be used for the game but I believe those codes are account bound)
Should be noted that those are not Steam keys though.

Maniac

Banned
What makes people so hyped for Firewatch? To me, the trailer does look good, but I cannot imagine that the game world will feel deep enough to sustain the gameplay.

I've watched several hours of Firewatch, and what instantly grabs me is the incredible dialogue and the writing, paired with beautiful locations, great interactivity and some mystery elements.

I already know it'll be enough to sustain the gameplay for me. Ofcourse, this may not be the case for the average ADHD-Must-Shootybang-People-Now-EXPLOSIONS... Gamer. But it doesn't have nor need to be.
43IG5Q3.png

this is the #1 color caster/analyst for league of legends

doto too hard for us :<

Too damn hard indeed. And that's okay.

To be quite fair, it's too damn hard for most dota players too ;)

We're all just different levels of terrible at the game :p
Definitely Firewatch. And yes.

Amen brother! I'm really excited for Firewatch, and have been since the first time I heard of it. Remo is my 2nd highest rated bae. And Ollie Moss is bae material too; such an incredible art-direction and talent.

Maniac

Banned
Too many other games to play right now, I only just got to beating Witcher 3 :(

I pre-ordered the CE of TW3 the very day it was a possibility. I also pre-purchased TW2 the day it went live on Steam.

It took me until after the Enhanced Edition of TW2 to even start playing, and I've yet to beat TW3, or even get close to beating it (in 100-ish hours of playtime) despite also having bought the Collector's Edition of the first expansion.

Something is truely wrong with me. But then again, I kind of realised that I haven't properly finished any single game in 2015, '14 and '13, and I believe '12 may also be devoid of completed games.
Absolutely XCOM 2

... Speaking of sequels I'm looking forward to despite not getting anywhere near beating or playing enough of the pre-cursor.

God damnit.

Arma always had performance issues. Even with litanies of guides on tweaks , it is a great undertaking to get consistent 60fps unfortunately.
If you like Arma 3, I recommend Project Reality BF2 for a multiplayer fix in that vain when it comes to heavy mic use/team oriented combine arms objective-base capture. Basically Arma-lite, without user maps/missions/mod compilations, which are the backbone of Arma games where I am concerned.

Pachimari

I just watched a gameplay walkthrough of Firewatch again, and yeah, the dialogue and options are incredible. You get sucked in very easily thanks to the execution. Can't wait for Firewatch in February.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anyone enjoying Oxenfree?

I beat it in two sittings today. It's fan-fucking-tastic. Early GOTY contender for me easily.

Don't select an option until they start to fade to avoid that issue.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, I just spent the better part of an hour and around $12 trying to get my son a copy of Empire: Total War collection from dispenser.tf, only to get to the last part of the trade confirmation and be told that I can't do it because I don't have mobile authentication turned on. This is my first time attempting to use the site since the new rules went live, obviously.

Guess I'll just buy the base game on Humble for $5 and the DLC separate, and re-sell all the keys I bought back on the Steam marketplace at a loss. What a pain.

Ozium

Man, I just spent the better part of an hour and around $12 trying to get my son a copy of Empire: Total War collection from dispenser.tf, only to get to the last part of the trade confirmation and be told that I can't do it because I don't have mobile authentication turned on. This is my first time attempting to use the site since the new rules went live, obviously.

Guess I'll just buy the base game on Humble for $5 and the DLC separate, and re-sell all the keys I bought back on the Steam marketplace at a loss. What a pain.

1 turn on mobile authenticator
2 trade
3 turn off mobile autneticator
4 win

?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
1 turn on mobile authenticator
2 trade
3 turn off mobile autneticator
4 win

?

has to be enabled for 7 days before the restrictions are lifted. Also, I've never been able to get mobile authencticator to work with my phone and/or carrier. Oh well.

tmarg

Was that part of the humble bundle they did? I might have a copy you could have.

jshackles

Was that part of the humble bundle they did? I might have a copy you could have.

Yeah it was I'm pretty sure. That'd be great if you've got it, no big deal if you don't.

ExoSoul

Banned
I'm not feeling Dragon's Dogma all that much to be honest.

Sure, the fighting is fun, but it doesn't have that 'one more tile' draw M&MX had, doesn't have the story draw Witcher 3 had and there's no Estelle as well.

Just reached Grand Soren, we'll see how it goes from here.

You haven't even dipped the toes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom