• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm surprised KH never got a PC port.

The prevailing theories are Square used proprietary Sony tech for their HD ports and the initial licencing with Disney prevented digital distribution.

This may be a case of correlation does not equal causation, but the anecdotal evidence supports both theories.

tumblr_nudfazJy3V1qj4315o1_500.gif
I'm fine with challenges, what I'm not fine with, is sudden extreme difficulty curve in the middle of the game with awful checkpoint. And I did a little bit of research, nothing latter in the game came close to this segment, like why would one make the game like that? I think I'll stop playing for a while.
It wasn't that hard :D
I disagree.
There's some twists on the last page though.
It's not Kotaku.
Not a twist, it's in the OP.

Jawmuncher

The prevailing theories are Square used proprietary Sony tech for their HD ports and the initial licencing with Disney prevented digital distribution.

This may be a case of correlation does not equal causation, but the anecdotal evidence supports both theories.

That's what was said about FFX PC and if the leak turns out true it could be different.

I havent played Darkest Dungeon in a bit the last few patches. But it officially releases today huh?

Guess ill go back to suffering I guess.

fantomena

I just have to ask, why the Sanders avatar?

People on the internet sure love to run a joke straight into the ground and then continue poking at it. Everytime theres a goty thread, "bloodborne was robbed." It wasnt even funny the first time yet gaffers continue with it. Who wants to bet that at the end of this year when its time for gotys there will be people going bloodborne was robbed again?

how is the game? i was interested when i first looked at it.

It's fun but, take nothing for granted. Although I some of the later patches made a few things easier. For example I don't think you will lose people as easily from damn heart attacks.

People on the internet sure love to run a joke straight into the ground and then continue poking at it. Everytime theres a goty thread, "bloodborne was robbed." It wasnt even funny the first time yet gaffers continue with it. Who wants to bet that at the end of this year when its time for gotys there will be people going bloodborne was robbed again?

I swear GAF does it the most.

Let me tell you a scary story:

Some of them in that thread wasn't making joke posts.

brau

It's fun but, take nothing for granted. Although I some of the later patches made a few things easier. For example I don't think you will lose people as easily from damn heart attacks.

oh yea. you have to manage peoples morale and stuff huh?

Arthea

I don't even mind that much people beating the dead horse, if people still enjoy that joke, let them make it, what is scary, if that isn't a joke, you know like all those posts that every game has to have DS combat or that every game has to be made by Platinum, etc.

There's some twists on the last page though.
It's not Kotaku.

So, what's does it mean by "not every console feature has made its way to PC".
What's missing?

console has a Depth of Field effect that's not on PC for some reason...that's the only difference

on everything else it's either identical or PC has the advantage

oh yea. you have to manage peoples morale and stuff huh?

Yeah you have to make sure there stress is regulated otherwise bad stuff will happen. Good stuff could happen from it but it's better to assume it will be bad.

I don't even mind that much people beating the dead horse, if people still enjoy that joke, let them make it, what is scary, if that isn't a joke, you know like all those posts that every game has to have DS combat or that every game has to be made by Platinum, etc.

I am tired of both of those myself -_-.

Hektor

So what do i do in Dragons Dogma? I'm basically at the point of no return, around level 50 and wanna start playing the DLC, but google says you should be level 70 at the least.

Did Indiegala add a Paypal tax or sth.?

I want to buy the Monday bundle for the Paradise Island VR game for 2.19$, when I check out with Paypal, it tells me to pay 2,44€ while it should actually be around 2,00€.

It really does feel like that. Whole reading the first few posts i was wondering to myself what were they thinking when posting the same thing for the 20th time. "Oh this is really going to make people laugh" or maybe they thought "everyone else is doing it so why not me?"
Let me tell you a scary story:

Some of them in that thread wasn't making joke posts.

Honestly thats even worse

jdw_b

It really does feel like that. Whole reading the first few posts i was wondering to myself what were they thinking when posting the same thing for the 20th time. "Oh this is really going to make people laugh" or maybe they thought "everyone else is doing it so why not me?"

You know Hero Prinny, we really are the last of us

To actually stay within the realms of being on topic.....i'm going to try finish Murdered: Soul Suspect tonight, Despite it's annoyances (camera, collecting everything) i've actually quite enjoyed it. Something different. And hey, it was like £1 and I got to possess a kitty

im with you. the game went from 0-100mph in that segment
I still don't understand why would anyone put the hardest part in the middle (or fairly early?) of the game. I feel dirty for using a trainer, but I know I wouldn't enjoy playing the super hexagon of platformers either, ugh.

I wonder if it'll get fixed in the definitive edition.

Teggy

Got through the Ginso tree escape with a trainer, don't want to try another 50 times.

Yo, I suck at games and finished Ori (with 768 deaths). We're better than this, people.

Also, I thought one of the other dungeon endings was harder than the Ginso Tree.

tuxfool

Banned

It wasn't funny the first time because it was genuine sentiment.

Anteater

I didn't have problems with that particular one escape sequence, at least from watching the video I don't recognize it, there was definitely one that was kind of hard to read where I'm supposed to go/what to do so I keep having to restart from dying, that was annoying

xlwxx.jpg

Its a meme answering a meme with a meme. Know what I meme?

Pachimari

I think I have made up my mind, to purchase Street Fighter V for PS4. I just don't know when, as I am currently practicing for Tekken.

I still haven't completed any games this year but if I complete one, it'll be a miracle. Gotta finish Oxenfree, Undertale and Until Dawn, before I move on with Final Fantasy VII and Yakuza 4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Three words, campaign finance reform.

Really high on the list of priorities here in America.

k20QJUa.gif

My 3 day weekend was a blur of gaming goodness, mostly Dragon's Dogma. I played almost 15 hours since Friday. I also watched about 4 different movies, and spent the better part of yesterday assembling new furniture. Now it's back to the grindstone so to speak, but I'll be looking up info on DD every chance I get while also looking forward to Tomb Raider next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom