• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

some guy in 52 games thread has already 14 games finished, damn, how is that even possible? in 3 weeks

Don't worry, slow and steady wins the race.
Let them finish all those 2-3 hour games, we will have 100+ hour monsters done by the end of the year and still beat 52 games easily.

-MD-

Isn't Undertale only like 5 hours long? I'm 3 hours in and so far it's not good.

Feels like it was made for the lolsorandom generation.

Tizoc

SAO? Jojo? What is this?

Lets release Saint Seiya! Thats what westerners love, right? Right?

Saint Seiya
is already on Steam.

Isn't Undertale only like 5 hours long? I'm 3 hours in and so far it's not good.

Feels like it was made for the lolsorandom generation.

The characters in the game are my fav. part of it. They're all quirky and nicely thought out.
Just keep playing and reach the final boss.

SF5 is said to have free costume DLCs, but I've heard otherwise from other GAFfers.
Those outfits are not mods, they were in the latest beta's files.

SF5 characters can be unlocked for free though.

It's actually a bit unclear with regards to costumes, but it seems likely to me that there will be both paid and unlockable costumes at launch or soon after; we've only been promised that stuff that affects gameplay (i.e. characters) will be earnable with in-game currency, and we know that there will be premium costumes (e.g. those in the seasons pass). However, the beta suggests that you will also be able to earn stages with the in-game currency, so it does not seem like a stretch to me that the same would apply to costumes. They do need to have something that you can use fight-money for, considering that the first DLC character is a few months out. And I would expect that the pre-order costumes can be purchased at launch for real money.

Regardless, I'll pay $5 or waste however many hours of my life is needed to unlock Police-officer Chun-Li.

Ozium

I'm surprised KH never got a PC port.

Now that SE has been rereleasing all of its games on PC. I would not be surprised if they jump on that closer to release to KH3. Unless KH here means another game. lol.

It's up to Disney and for whatever reason they have never put any of the main KH games on any digital service of any kind. They probably won't for a long time. I would love to be wrong though

Smash88

Banned
Why did I go to off-topic, why did I go there, I told myself I wouldn't. There are so many stupid posts I want to reply to, but knowing the what-if scenario of getting banned is not worth it. Just gotta stick to gaming side, and sweet sweet Steam-GAF.

Ozium

Why did I go to off-topic, why did I go there, I told myself I wouldn't. There are so many stupid posts I want to reply to, but knowing the what-if scenario of getting banned is not worth it. Just gotta stick to gaming side, and sweet sweet Steam-GAF.

what happened?

Smash88

Banned
what happened?

Nothing happened, since I closed before I replied, happy to have some self-restraint. It's just frustrating to read some very obvious fucked up posts, but I know if I call them out, in my way, I'd be banned. Don't want to bring the drama into this thread, it's just some really stupid posts - I PMed you in case you were curious.

-------------
Anyways, I'm just excited about Friday where we finally find out more about the PC version of The Division.

Thanks Microsoft for making me wait one more week. -_-

Tizoc

Yeah I'll probably finish it tonight, I will say the OST is good though.

Just so you know the final boss of the Neutral route (game has 3 endings) was so creepy it put me off completing it for 3 weeks now =_=
It is still IMHO goty worthy, because as I said, I just like the characters.

If they do a humble indie bundle, I could see The Banner Saga in it. It's old enough and a good way to generate some interest for the sequel that is due later this year.

What I need is to have a mod that restores the silent protagonist combined with the full dialog mod. I'm not sure if that will help the game much but it would be interesting if it improves the experience. Game play, it won't change much. I've gone through some areas 5 + times with different restarts and the vast majority of dialog options invoke the exact same responses from the NPCs. Even for critical conversations where your selection determines if the event will end it combat or not, most of the time, the NPC will add a tiny bit of dialog recognizing the player's choice and then say what they were going to say no mater what you selected. Bethesda implemented a Mass Effect style dialog system without the skill of Bioware.

C4zcSnP.jpg

But seriously, by far the biggest letdown of the game is the dialogue. Not the system changes, but the writing. Everything is so telegraphed that you can see the direction of each conversation from the start. After a while, you can see where its going before even speaking with them. "Oh, this guy has Road Leathers on and a grumpy face. He's going to be terse but all of my reactions will lead to a map marker update and a fetch quest."

Compare that to something like Kentucky Route Zero. Even the choices you don't make give you insight into the way a character thinks or the nature of the relationship of the people in conversation, even if its ultimately a linear experience.

With all of the money put into Fallout games, why would they keep such dated and trite writing?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Cities: Skylines - Snowfall Reveal Trailer

--

Announcing Cities: Skylines - Snowfall

STOCKHOLM - Jan. 19, 2016 — Paradox Interactive, a seasoned publisher of games, today announced the newest expansion to Cities: Skylines, the best-selling city-builder from Colossal Order. The new expansion is titled “Snowfall” and will be available for players of Cities: Skylines on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs later this year. Snowfall will allow mayor-players to expand and grow their cities using new transportation options while challenging them to meet citizens’ needs using several new in-game tools. All of these new inclusions will revolve around the expansion’s central feature: an in-game weather system.

In Snowfall, the difficulty heats up when the city cools down, thanks to a new in-game temperature reading that will have residents bundling up for warmth when the weather outside is frightful. Cosmetic weather, including rain and fog, will be added to Cities: Skylines as part of a free update, along with other features to be announced soon. Players who own Snowfall will get to face new challenges such as ensuring that their city infrastructure can handle seasonal heating demands – and, when the snow starts falling, that the roads can stay clear. New snowplow services will be required to prevent traffic from freezing in place, while new all-weather trams and expanded public transit options can help residents and visitors alike get around town – and visit the new winter parks and landmarks available in Snowfall.

Snowfall will include:

• Now is the Winter of This Content: Rain and fog for existing maps, plus a new “Winter” map theme with snow and all of its challenges
  • The Streetcars You Desire: Expanded public transportation options, including easier management of existing lines – and Trams, a new system demanded by fans
  • World Warmth, Too: Cold weather increases demands for electricity, unless new water-based heat systems are in place
  • Plowers to the People: Build a snowplow depot to keep traffic flowing during winter weather, and employ new road maintenance systems to keep your streets in shape
  • New Chirps: #yeahthereare

zcIDh43.png
I6GhVOX.png
hqUvNQ7.png

brau

It's up to Disney and for whatever reason they have never put any of the main KH games on any digital service of any kind. They probably won't for a long time. I would love to be wrong though

Thats true. Disney makes everything complicated. I know that from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom