• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Someone here played Blackguards games?
Are they any good?
I'd appreciate a sincere reply, I have the first one but didn't install it yet, how those games hold up by a plot's point of view and gameplay?

Jawmuncher

Every other console is playing Resident Evil Zero now. EXCEPT PC. Capcom needs to fix their launch times. 12amEST for everyone on Steam or earlier.

Arthea

Dariusburst is only at 5K sold, so being at the top of bestseller list doesn't say much.

I need to at least install it one of these days.

dl some app? never!

Is this your real life pic?

no, I'm not sorry

What's going on with avatars lately
And how come grief got so old so fast, time travelled too much?

please recoomenod me dank ass games i dont currently own

I thought you own all dank ass games

Are they any good?
I'd appreciate a sincere reply, I have the first one but didn't install it yet, how those games hold up by a plot's point of view and gameplay?

I've only played the first one and not all the way through. I was enjoying it but it got to a point where the build I was working on turned out to be completely useless and I was locked into a part of the story where I couldn't change anything or progress so I just moved on frustrated at the poor design choices.

I plan at some point to restart and then play 2, but you know plenty of games to play.

Hint on character creation if you go in:

Choose either and Range dps or mage. There is more than enough melee and you will really need range at a certain point due to an unavoidable part of the story.

Arthea

There has been an awakening, have you felt it?

I surely did

BTW, so how about we get a new good SW game that's not MMO, for new trilogy I mean. That isn't going to happen, is it? Or we would have heard about such plans by now.

edited: almost forgot

KT HB today! at last

Y U Nu Avy?
For the next two weeks I will glaze over your posts, looking for the previous one, I can guarantee that.

I don't think anybody else here fancies space themed avies, so it's not that hard to find me!

Knurek

yeah, I got reference, was just curious what's they story behind this particular avy

Y U Nu Avy?
For the next two weeks I will glaze over your posts, looking for the previous one, I can guarantee that.

Are they any good?

Blackguards 2 has an amazing review on RPGCodex
TrulyTrolly a work of art

Uzzy

Game of the year all years.

sfv-chun-alt-charselect-crop.jpg
sfv-mika-alt-ingame-crop.jpg

Arthea

some guy in 52 games thread has already 14 games finished, damn, how is that even possible? in 3 weeks

If PC version is king why is it not used at competitions?

Checkmate, atheists.

http://i.imgur.com/V4kj9gZ.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

so you plan to take part in said competitions then?

brau

I was tempted to get RE 0 but i think i might wait for a sale. 20 bucks seems a bit much atm. Unless someone here convinces me its worth it atm.

some guy in 52 games thread has already 14 games finished, damn, how is that even possible? in 3 weeks

That's easy; based on his posts you just gotta play 4.5+ hours a day, on average.

I was going to make some smart-ass comment about people playing a lot of games, but then I checked Steam, and my average over the last two weeks is 3.5 hours a day ... a large part of which is due to playing Hexcells/Plus/Infinite while watching the parts of AGDQ I missed, but still.

ItcCFEX.jpg

the fallout u know and love

No, not really. I tried the Full Dialogue Interface and it made the experience worse and unlike previous Fallouts because your character still speaks. Reading "Here you go" selecting and and then watching your character say "here you go" is an annoying experience. I previously wanted that in other RPGs but now that I see it in practice, I get why it's done the way it's done.

What I need is to have a mod that restores the silent protagonist combined with the full dialog mod. I'm not sure if that will help the game much but it would be interesting if it improves the experience. Game play, it won't change much. I've gone through some areas 5 + times with different restarts and the vast majority of dialog options invoke the exact same responses from the NPCs. Even for critical conversations where your selection determines if the event will end it combat or not, most of the time, the NPC will add a tiny bit of dialog recognizing the player's choice and then say what they were going to say no mater what you selected. Bethesda implemented a Mass Effect style dialog system without the skill of Bioware.

Tizoc

JoJo Eye of Heaven should get a Steam release seeing as it's Japanese release only saw a combined total of what sub 100,000 purchases? And I'm being generous here :V
You want to make a good RoI, def. consider Steam Bamco.

No, not really. I tried the Full Dialogue Interface and it made the experience worse and unlike previous Fallouts because your character still speaks. Reading "Here you go" selecting and and then watching your character say "here you go" is an annoying experience. I previously wanted that in other RPGs but now that I see it in practice, I get why it's done the way it's done.

What I need is to have a mod that restores the silent protagonist combined with the full dialog mod. I'm not sure if that will help the game much but it would be interesting if it improves the experience. Game play, it won't change much. I've gone through some areas 5 + times with different restarts and the vast majority of dialog options invoke the exact same responses from the NPCs. Even for critical conversations where your selection determines if the event will end it combat or not, most of the time, the NPC will add a tiny bit of dialog recognizing the player's choice and then say what they were going to say no mater what you selected. Bethesda implemented a Mass Effect style dialog system without the skill of Bioware.

There is an silent protagonist mod. It doesn't help the absolute garbage dialog script though, so you might as well just listen to the pretty good voice acting

MUnited83

For you.

I think you didn't get the joke :p

Arthea

Ucchedavāda;192633878 said:
That's easy; based on his posts you just gotta play 4.5+ hours a day, on average.

I was going to make some smart-ass comment about people playing a lot of games, but then I checked Steam, and my average over the last two weeks is 3.5 hours a day ... a large part of which is due to playing Hexcells/Plus/Infinite while watching the parts of AGDQ I missed, but still.

nobody can beat frostie, he had like 600 hours in two weeks once, probably more than once, I just noticed once.

JoJo Eye of Heaven should get a Steam release seeing as it's Japanese release only saw a combined total of what sub 100,000 purchases? And I'm being generous here :V
You want to make a good RoI, def. consider Steam Bamco.

SAO? Jojo? What is this?

Lets release Saint Seiya! Thats what westerners love, right? Right?

I hate the fuckin' Eagles as much as the next Dude, but Glenn Frey dying is still a pretty big blow to music.

Also, thanks to the people who voted for Ori as my next game played. It's ticking all the right boxes: subtle story, beautiful visuals, deceptively simple controls.

The escape after Ginso tree is bullshit.

Yeah, it kinda is. When you have to
go into holes on the right side of the screen that put you on the left side just a little higher
it confuses your eyes, especially with the pressure on.

There's not a lot of wiggle room for error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom