• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally tried using my steam controller with Final Fantasy 14, turns out I can't get the controller inputs recognized in game. Mouse stuff works fine though. Looks fairly common too. Too bad no one actually has a fix that I can see. Yay.

Anyway, I know Square hasn't really done *any* advertising for it, but is anyone looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider? I tried replaying the first one recently but didn't get very far. I do remember really liking it so I dunno what happened. Hasn't necessarily dampened my excitement for Rise though. At least it looks great ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anteater

Finally tried using my steam controller with Final Fantasy 14, turns out I can't get the controller inputs recognized in game. Mouse stuff works fine though. Looks fairly common too. Too bad no one actually has a fix that I can see. Yay.

Anyway, I know Square hasn't really done *any* advertising for it, but is anyone looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider? I tried replaying the first one recently but didn't get very far. I do remember really liking it so I dunno what happened. Hasn't necessarily dampened my excitement for Rise though. At least it looks great ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know it'll enjoy it for sure but not the kind of games I would get at full price

KingKong

I thought Dragons Dogma was fun and had some good ideas...and then I got to Bitterblack Isle. Holy crap, I dont care if they just ripped off Dark Souls because its so good

I want some Sonic games.
QJQD1ol.png
Worth or not worth? What sonic games you suggest, steamgaf?

Also, Phantom Pain 50% off, go for it or wait for summer sale? I can play my backlog while waiting for summer sale
Play games, pfff

taco543

HELLO! hows steam gaf been!!? I thought I might pop back in after a long time from being away from steam gaf and drop off a couple gifts from a bundle I just purchased.

I shall pop back in sooner or later again and see how you guys are doing since I built me a pc from the ground up and dropped $3200 on it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Taco this is modbot, stop eating poop.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-37FE58E38EE246BF - Taken by longlivegaming
Betrayer -- MB-54F830053BAAE3A4 - Taken by Costa1774

Jawmuncher

I want some Sonic games.
Worth or not worth? What sonic games you suggest, steamgaf?

Also, Phantom Pain 50% off, go for it or wait for summer sale? I can play my backlog while waiting for summer sale
Play games, pfff

You'd be fine with all of them if you really want them. Though just remember the adventure games haven't held up as well as you might think.

zkylon

zkylewd
i know u guys are really itching to try out league of legends, specially you lovely ladies and gents in america, so now u can enjoy a 100% free starter pack thanks to the fine folks at amazon, and get into the bestest game ever

don't let "Amazon Customer" fool you

there's not that many teenagers and/or irate fat kids

join the moba revolution now!

Yeah, it's nice. The picture book makes me want a proper art book for Life is Strange, but that seems unlikely.. at least in this timeline.
i love the art on the cd haha

so cute

I've not really paid attention to any marketing, I've not seen the trailers or anything, only seen the gameplay videos. Like probably an hour or two worth of gameplay. Hearing Remo talk about the game gets me hella hot.
i didn't really watch any trailers, just got tired of the "what the hell is firewatch" thing and that kind of drained whatever enthusiasm i could've had for the game

hopefully the game itself will be really good and marketing won't matter

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Bionic Dues -- MB-AEFBBB125A50582B

taco543

WELP! I'm already back again! I bought some games from humble and like a freaking DINGUS! I bought some games I already own! so have fun with the raffle!

ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Taco we really have to talk about your bathing habits...

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mini Ninjas -- MB-D4CD41DBFB74BF71 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
The Beginner's Guide -- MB-29E44F2F33524597 - Taken by AtomskEater. 28 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution - Elite Edition -- MB-06940FC004CB8C99 - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.

t1453538829z1.png

Dsyndrome

I just want a full Shining Force 3 western-side. Never played 3 part 1, if I did, sure it would be up there with Half Life and The Order and Thriller...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is Phantom Pain on sale, is it a weekly? Its not the daily or weekend deal

Also, friend of mine keeps pushing Warframe hard on me, anyone ever got into that?

Teggy

How come there's a picture of a little girl with a teddy bear on the cover? Is this a kids game?

The thing that turns me off about mobas is that in game store where you have to go shopping during every match. Well that and the communities hate new players.

tmarg

How come there's a picture of a little girl with a teddy bear on the cover? Is this a kids game?

The thing that turns me off about mobas is that in game store where you have to go shopping during every match. Well that and the communities hate new players.

They don't have that in the blizzard one.

zkylon

zkylewd
you tell me (CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK)

The thing that turns me off about mobas is that in game store where you have to go shopping during every match.
yea i can see that. it's pretty daunting at first, but it's a very fun and interesting part of it once you're in pretty deep. and like even as someone with like thousands of hours playing league i get into a doto game and i'm like WTF IS THIS SHIT

i know hots doesn't have a shop or like per-player exp and some other stuff like that, so it might be a little less obtuse and filled with like burden-of-knowledge, tho idk about its skill ceiling. not that you're gonna want to go pro or anything but part of the charm of these games is that you're always learning new stuff

Well that and the communities hate new players.
well u get matched with new players if you're new so it's not like you're gonna get that much hate for being a noob.

but yea people are pretty hostile. we do have a fancy thread i might or might have not created if u wanna hang out and play with not entirely horrible people

Tizoc

i know u guys are really itching to try out league of legends, specially you lovely ladies and gents in america, so now u can enjoy a 100% free starter pack thanks to the fine folks at amazon, and get into the bestest game ever

don't let "Amazon Customer" fool you

there's not that many teenagers and/or irate fat kids

join the moba revolution now!

i love the art on the cd haha

so cute

i didn't really watch any trailers, just got tired of the "what the hell is firewatch" thing and that kind of drained whatever enthusiasm i could've had for the game

hopefully the game itself will be really good and marketing won't matter

Yo where can I get that for EU NE?

Tizoc

In 8 hours' time GAF's GotY list will go up.
I really hope there'll be people making fun of Bloodborne if it wins #1

FoneBone

Indiegala Friday Special Bundle

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Fancy Skulls (STEAM)
Betrayer (STEAM)
One Finger Death Punch (STEAM)

Pay only $2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

Winter Voices (COMPLETED PACK) (STEAM)
Deadlings: Rotten Edition (STEAM)
Subject 13 (STEAM)
AXYOS (STEAM)
Garfield Kart (STEAM)
Home Design 3D (STEAM)
Hatch and Slay (STEAM)
SHOFER Race Driver (STEAM)
Prismatica (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/friday

Went in at $1 for Betrayer and One Finger Death Punch. Garfield Kart as a potential gag gift was vaguely tempting, but I decided it wasn't even worth $1.89.

Anyway, this is currently free on the Humble Store, but I forgot I already got it in some bundle or other:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Dues -- MB-2708D5B57BD31CCE

t1453544229z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom