• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
eh, the hype campaign for that game rubbed me the wrong way so i'm just kind of not interested in it

if it turns out to be good i'll be pretty happy but it's one of those situations in which marketing kind of burns the game for u

I've not really paid attention to any marketing, I've not seen the trailers or anything, only seen the gameplay videos. Like probably an hour or two worth of gameplay. Hearing Remo talk about the game gets me hella hot.

Buraindo

What Steam games are people playing this weekend?

Here is my tentative list:

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

OT, but I will probably also play some Diablo 3 and Uncharted 2 on PS4 and Halo 5 on Xbox One.

I hope to wrap up Ys I, shouldn't be too long now. I'll also be playing some more Darkest Dungeon and Rainbow Six Siege which I've been enjoying a whole lot more now that I don't get disconnected every other game. Might play some more SOTFS as well, just started a Company of Champions playthrough.

Grief.exe

i just spent 3 hours trying to fix a graphics driver/windows 10 issue. required a system restore. would have rolled back if possible but it's been more than a month.

how is bernardo selling tomb raider for $35? i thought that got shut down? i've been out of the game for awhile so i'm sure this has been thoroughly discussed, sorry.

He knows a distributor who has access to the Nvidia keys.

What Steam games are people playing this weekend?

Here is my tentative list:

- Rocket League
- Fallout 4
- Divinity OS EE

OT, but I will probably also play some Diablo 3 and Uncharted 2 on PS4 and Halo 5 on Xbox One.

Dragon's Dogma and Binding of Isaac. Gotta git gud.

Just finished Ryze: Son of Rome.

That Arkham Combat system so totally needs to die. Can't stand it anymore. It was cool the first few times around because it looked so flashy but now enough is enough.
It's getting dangerously close to open-world level of fatigue for me.

Ryse combat is hardly anything like the Arkham games.
Shadow of Mordor on the otherhand is much closer, but still not as good.

He knows a distributor who has access to the Nvidia keys.

What I recall was "my brother has a business building PCs and his customers don't care about the nVidia keys that come with the cards he puts in their systems, so he has me selling them." Or something close to that...

AMD runs like ass.

:3
My AMD stuff runs fine though ;_;
I am using drivers installed with win10 ,and for now no problems ,some random slowdowns,but that is all.
Hmm I see.
Ucchedavāda;192999501 said:
I recently went ahead upgraded to Windows 10 when I upgraded my PC, and other than the fact that I had to install Windows 3 times in order to get a clean install of W10*, there haven't been a single issue for me. The new start menu is kinda meh, but I mostly just type the name of whatever I want to run anyway, rather than navigate it by hand, so I rarely even notice it.

If you are unsure, and have a spare external HD available (that is big enough), then you could probably make a full disk image before installing, so that you can easily revert back to whatever you were running previously. Unfortunately, I can't give any advice on how to accomplish that other than booting into Linux and just using 'ntfsprogs'. Perhaps somebody else in this thread can recommend some tools.

* I had accidentally deleted the boot partition for my W7 installation previously, so I had to reinstall that first, then do an upgrade to get a W10 key, and then I could do a clean install.

Thanks for a lengthy response. If all else fails I have a clean version of Windows 10 if the upgrade doesnt work through dreamspark I can use.

Maniac

Banned
My AMD stuff runs fine though ;_;
All my AMD experiences have been extremely negative, but honestly, I'm kidding. I can't say I really care about the whole "AMD vs Nvidia" thing. Atleast not until it's time for me to upgrade again! :p

It's all about what you want, need and how much you value some bits like GameWorks, ShadowPlay or whatever AMDs offerings are. (Is the Gaming Evolved program still a thing? If so, eww) and of course the current lineup of cards and their pricing.
Ass Marathon Department?
I gave it my best shot.

I expected nothing.

Yet you still manage to disappoint me.

I'm not sure whether to cry, laugh, hate you, love you or simply commit sudoku.

All I know is that I feel a great pain in my heart. In my very soul.

For that, I thank you and want to let you know that... I'm impressed. Never before have I seen such a remarkable ability to disappoint.

Ass Marathon Department should be a thing.

Already on the third part of the campaign? You're moving along rather quickly!
What can I say? It grabbed me good :)
I never played something like this ever before. The freedom of choice to tackle any mission in seemingly endless variations. The slow, yet tense long-range firefights where stance, cover, optics actually matter. The almost totally unscripted experience which leads to unique and memorable moments. Man, I love the game more than I even anticipated :)
Would love to play scenarios with some folks from here someday.
Man why am I so apprehensive about installing Windows 10.

Afraid of driver or installation issues.
Same. Win 8.1 runs perfectly fine for me and I haven't heard of noticable advanteges in upgrading to Win 10 - gaming and non-gaming.
If it ain't broke...

Shadownet

Banned
you got my interest. there is such a thing?
We have a thread for it. But alas the last time we had such a thing was when Wheelman was still available on Steam.
I kid

Basically, you just host a multiplayer game, and post in thread. Hopefully that will gather enough interest for people to want to play.

ss_ad5701f6d45adf0c8ed33da8ca5294ee442e1e92.jpg
Flash Game: The Overhead RPG Experience

I'm curious what the price will be for this thing.

brau

Does GMG have a 25% discount code atm?

G0ZSx0m.png

i just see this one. I thought i had a 25% one in my email but i can't find it.

We have a thread for it. But alas the last time we had such a thing was when Wheelman was still available on Steam.
I kid

Basically, you just host a multiplayer game, and post in thread. Hopefully that will gather enough interest for people to want to play.

We should do this!

AHA-Lambda

Argh, going to send a refund request to Steam for PoE expansion pass =/

Got it 2 weeks ago for my birthday and now it's half off!

Is it worth doing or will this deal disappear quick?

Argh, going to send a refund request to Steam for PoE expansion pass =/

Got it 2 weeks ago for my birthday and now it's half off!

Is it worth doing or will this deal disappear quick?

I think you can buy it now and put it in your inventory while you wait for the refund process to be done. And then, redeem the expansion pass from your inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom