• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about gsync: will a 770 power it alright? I know nothing about gsync except that it is supposed to eliminate screen tearing.

With tax season approaching I was considering getting a 1440p gsync monitor but won't upgrade my GPU until Pascal drops.

Corpekata

Banned
Question about gsync: will a 770 power it alright? I know nothing about gsync except that it is supposed to eliminate screen tearing.

With tax season approaching I was considering getting a 1440p gsync monitor but won't upgrade my GPU until Pascal drops.

At 1440p you're likely to be struggling with a lot of games to the point Gsync might not help a ton, especially modern ones. It'll get rid of screen tearing but the smoothing effect relies on 45+ FPS and you won't get that on a 770 at 1440p without some major sacrifices in visual quality.

At 1440p you're likely to be struggling with a lot of games to the point Gsync might not help a ton, especially modern ones. It'll get rid of screen tearing but the smoothing effect relies on 45+ FPS and you won't get that on a 770 at 1440p without some major sacrifices in visual quality.

Hmm. Maybe I'll just stick with 1080p gsync then. Or do one better and just save it for Pascal as soon as it drops instead.

taco543

Is anyone else having a problem while gaming on Windows 10 where the game would randomly minimize?

I was having a similar issue when watching movies with any media player the fix that worked for me is: Right click desktop>Personalize>Colors> "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Set that to off.

if you're still having issues then idk... :(

Shadownet

Banned
I have yet to encounter such an issue.

Did this happen to you since day 1?
No it just started happening like recently. Less than 10 days ago.

I was having a similar issue when watching movies with any media player the fix that worked for me is: Right click desktop>Personalize>Colors> "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Set that to off.

if you're still having issues then idk... :(
You know what? this actually make sense... I'll try this and report back. Thanks!

taco543

You know what? this actually make sense... I'll try this and report back. Thanks!

yeah let me know how it goes, I was always assuming its cos you're doing something and the computers like: "WAIT! that color needs to change, SEE I CHANGED IT!" and it stops what you're doing essentially to show that its a good machine.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of taco543, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mini Ninjas -- MB-D4CD41DBFB74BF71 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
The Beginner's Guide -- MB-29E44F2F33524597 - Taken by AtomskEater. 28 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution - Elite Edition -- MB-06940FC004CB8C99 - Taken by Natty1. 3 entrants total.

t1453538829z1.png

Lonesome Road DLC is done. Definitely the most interesting of the four I've played. I don't know if I'd call it the best, as I think Old World Blues retains the same level of "open-worldness" and consistency throughout. This one is basically a linear theme park ride with a couple of momentary diversions. Managed to stop the missile launch too, which was nice.

The dialogue was also on point - guess Avellone was going full-on subversive by the time they wrote that story.

Think I can finally put FO: NV to bed very soon. Just have a couple of unfinished threads to complete, the New Vegas Bounties series and then I can finally go for the independent ending. Might install the post-game mods too to see what changes in the world.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, a seldom-mentioned fact is that G-Sync is disabled when the framerate dips below 30fps, so in particularly strenuous scenarios, it doesn't actually do anything.

Shadownet

Banned
If that doesn't work, i'd recommend a system restore before the problem started appearing.
Ayyyy system restoring is a last resort, one short of throwing the computer in the trash can.
yeah let me know how it goes, I was always assuming its cos you're doing something and the computers like: "WAIT! that color needs to change, SEE I CHANGED IT!" and it stops what you're doing essentially to show that its a good machine.
Lol "I hope senpai notice me"
---
A little bit off-topic but man One Punch Man is the best, wackiest anime I've ever seen. Definitely top 5 favorite now after FMA:Brotherhood and Haikyuu!!

I'm really glad that the creator of Eyeshield 21 (my other favorite show) got in contact with the creator of One Punch Man and collaborate together. This is fantastic.

I refuse to believe that there's an anime better than Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

On that note, I wish it had some good games to go along with it.
In 8 hours' time GAF's GotY list will go up.
I really hope there'll be people making fun of Bloodborne if it wins #1

With the number of invalid votes, I wouldn't be surprised to see something other than Bloodbourne or The Witcher 3 win the top vote.

It's seriously distressing.

taco543

A little bit off-topic but man One Punch Man is the best, wackiest anime I've ever seen. Definitely top 5 favorite now after FMA:Brotherhood and Haikyuu!!

I'm really glad that the creator of Eyeshield 21 (my other favorite show) got in contact with the creator of One Punch Man and collaborate together. This is fantastic.

Oh hell yeah, without spoiling anything, the season finale is amazing!

tuxfool

Banned
I refuse to believe that there's an anime better than Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

On that note, I wish it had some good games to go along with it.

With the number of invalid votes, I wouldn't be surprised to see something other than Bloodbourne or The Witcher 3 win the top vote.

It's seriously distressing.

For sure it won't be Bloodbourne.

Shadownet

Banned
Best anime is subjective, just like everything else in the world. But FMA:Brotherhood is truly a classic masterpiece. You won't find many people arguing that its one of the best out there. Certainly is and has always been the best in my mind.

People goes crazy over Bleach, One Piece and Naruto when FMA doesn't have filler content. Everything is neatly coiled into a fantastic story, with strong characters to boot.

If people haven't seen Samurai Flamenco yet, you should try it. Its even wackier than One Punch Man, its not amazing but the plot twists just keep you coming back for more. You just can never anticipate whats coming next.

I should also finish Bakaramon, that anime is so adorable.
---
Bloodbourne: starring Matt Damon. They took his memory, he'll take their blood.

Edit: LMAO
Saitama just punched The Seaking and the fucking rain away.
man, I wish he would punch this snowstorm away for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
WELP! I'm already back again! I bought some games from humble and like a freaking DINGUS! I bought some games I already own! so have fun with the raffle!

Thanks for the raffle, Mini Ninjas is a surprisingly cool little game. I entered for Beginner's Guide!

Ozium

I keep forgetting to vote for Sunless Sea :(

Might play Elliot's Quest after reading stump's entry in the general goty thread..

Shadownet

Banned
Back on topic, you know what's kinda weird? Firewatch is coming out soon yet we haven't heard anything about price or system requirement..

I'm still using the Firewatch desktop background I snagged when it was announced and... now I've forgotten why I was excited for it to begin with.

Still a beautiful game, though.
I keep forgetting to vote for Sunless Sea :(

Might play Elliot's Quest after reading stump's entry in the general goty thread..
I actually checked out its store page due to Stump's GotY list...
33uxaXH.png

Stump's use of images was quite masterful.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I have an idea for a game.

Three lanes, with creeps. Pushing giant balls towards a center arena with three goals for each team.

Heroes are a bevy of monsters attractive fox girls with a variety of skills driving rocket powered cars trying to launch the balls into the enemy team's goals.

I call it Rocket League of Legends.

Mivey

Yeah, a seldom-mentioned fact is that G-Sync is disabled when the framerate dips below 30fps, so in particularly strenuous scenarios, it doesn't actually do anything.
I read somewhere, that down to 15 FPS it simply uses the doubled frequency. So for 28FPS it sets the monitor to the 56 refreshes per second. That will still make it sync up very well. Below 15, well, that's basically already completely unplayable. Simple but effective idea.

Tizoc

Ayyyy system restoring is a last resort, one short of throwing the computer in the trash can.

Lol "I hope senpai notice me"
---

Look forward to Mob Psycho anime which is based on the manga from the original OPM creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom