• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone hasn't really played dogma much and still in their 20s? I've got a bunch of people added but still find it very hard to find the right pawn to use from the friendlist

Yea I'm in the early 20s. Add me if you want. Although I do think abusing the free friends' pawns thing to get high level party members is the way to go in this game :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hatch and Slay -- MB-AA6CF78F7A66B43F - Taken by ExoSoul
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-6B6C3F80ACD882BA - Taken by Spirited

I just noticed that the the humbear store has Trails in the Sky and all the Ys games at discount too!

If you haven't bought them yet, I encourage you to do so and give them a shot!
Don't pull any puns, go all the way:
Prebear for disbear.

They can't handle my bearrage of puns.

Dr Dogg

You know what's unbearable? Knowing that Persona 4 Arena Ultimax runs of Taito's Type X2 arcade cabs which are PC's in all but name running on a Linux base OS. Considering for a fighting game it's got a low barrier to entry, ASW have proved themselves very competent bringing their titles to Steam, Sega distributed it on consoles in Europe and could be a really good gauge of if test if Persona as a series has an audience on PC thanks to a pretty decent story mode in P4AU (plus there was DLC that brough the arcade story mode from the first over too). Chances of this coming to Steam though do seem slim to fuck all :(

You know what's unbearable? Knowing that Persona 4 Arena Ultimax runs of Taito's Type X2 arcade cabs which are PC's in all but name running on a Linux base OS. Considering for a fighting game it's got a low barrier to entry, ASW have proved themselves very competent bringing their titles to Steam, Sega distributed it on consoles in Europe and could be a really good gauge of if test if Persona as a series has an audience on PC thanks to a pretty decent story mode in P4AU (plus there was DLC that brough the arcade story mode from the first over too). Chances of this coming to Steam though do seem slim to fuck all :(

That's because Atlus is unbearably stubborn. Sega wants them to, but they don't want to force it iirc

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
That's because Atlus is unbearably stubborn. Sega wants them to, but they don't want to force it iirc

feXpnTq.jpg

Ban Puncher

Remember the original P4A being region locked on PS3?

Good times.

Lain

anyone hasn't really played dogma much and still in their 20s? I've got a bunch of people added but still find it very hard to find the right pawn to use from the friendlist

I've played a bit, but most of my time was spent exploring. My pawn is a level 28 Sorcerer and I just redid her inclinations yesterday, so she's now an Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator ( which I've read is supposed to be good for caster pawns). Right now she should be loaded with Ice spells (because I was trying to kill an asshole dragon that kept flying away).

Anteater

Yea I'm in the early 20s. Add me if you want. Although I do think abusing the free friends' pawns thing to get high level party members is the way to go in this game :p

Alright, adding you guys.

I've played a bit, but most of my time was spent exploring. My pawn is a level 28 Sorcerer and I just redid her inclinations yesterday, so she's now an Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator ( which I've read is supposed to be good for caster pawns). Right now she should be loaded with Ice spells (because I was trying to kill an asshole dragon that kept flying away).

hmm guess I should hurry up!

I dont actually know why some japanese publishers are sooo stubborn to bring their games on PC. Even if such titles sell less than 10.000 units, they will recoup the port costs (usually) and in the case of P4A I think you can port that game in less than a month. Afaik you can even download the Type X2 games on PC, so actually they only need to optimize the game, add the Steam APIs and normal controller support.

This is easy money, but the "But I dont know what Steam is/no Steam-Users in Japan, so we wont port it" naivety/arrogance of japanese publishers stand in "our" way.

Dr Dogg

I get the feeling someone is going to beary you soon.

Remember the original P4A being region locked on PS3?

Good times.

I certainly remember because of that waiting close to a year for PQube to pull their finger out and release it over here. Out of the 100's and 100's of PS3 games that were all region free the one that had probably the biggest gap between NA and PAL releases date had to be fucking region locked. The moment P4UA released that P4A Arcade Mode DLC I was got shot of that abomination from my library.

Pachimari

Finally tried using my steam controller with Final Fantasy 14, turns out I can't get the controller inputs recognized in game. Mouse stuff works fine though. Looks fairly common too. Too bad no one actually has a fix that I can see. Yay.

Oh, I were looking forward to finally play around with Final Fantasy XIV on the Steam controller. Guess I should just stay with k/m or go with the Elite.

And uh oh, thinking of checking out Dota 2 again. Only ever tried out the tutorial but I like the whole idea of hundreds of different and unique heroes.

Uzzy

I certainly remember because of that waiting close to a year for PQube to pull their finger out and release it over here. Out of the 100's and 100's of PS3 games that were all region free the one that had probably the biggest gap between NA and PAL releases date had to be fucking region locked. The moment P4UA released that P4A Arcade Mode DLC I was got shot of that abomination from my library.

It took Sega intervening to get P4UA released in the EU in a timely manner. Atlus were so backwards that they didn't even have a publisher in the EU set up, hence the insane seven month delay for P4A.

I think our only hope is that Sega intervene some more. There's a lot of older Japanese games and developers they have in the locker that could be brought over to PC. It's strange that Sega have become a massive part of the PC publishing landscape, but they're still reticent to bring their Japanese games to PC.

Looks like Fallout 4 made it into GAF's top 10.

This confirms SteamGAF are a bunch of Bethesda haters.

At least Life is Strange beat.. wait, it beat Batman and ROTR for best adventure game? What?

Uzzy

A bad PC port and no PC version to play yet will do that. :p

That's not my confusion. My confusion is the baffling decision to put Life is Strange, Tales of the Borderlands, Her Story and the Beginners Guide in a genre category with Batman, ROTR and The Order 1886. That's just bizarre.

Mivey

Well, from heron-out I think I'll let the puns bee. Too many people here carp on it already.
And two rhyming puns in a row!

Lunaniem

That's not my confusion. My confusion is the baffling decision to put Life is Strange, Tales of the Borderlands, Her Story and the Beginners Guide in a genre category with Batman, ROTR and The Order 1886. That's just bizarre.

Ah, didn't know you meant that.

Yeah I would probably seperate those into an Action Adventure category.

Ban Puncher

The constant promises that the PAL version wouldn't be delayed and then was totally delayed by almost a year was pretty funny in retrospect.

But not as funny as P4AU being region free because Atlus got burnt first time around thanks to greedy, paranoid suits in Japan terrified of their local market importing the game for cheap so they region locked the original game only for it to die in Europe and Australia thanks to the delay.

And now Sega owns them.

tumblr_m8h8mzPts21rssf7t.png

Parsnip

I think I'm around 20 yes.
I decided that I should finish some games before I continue with Dogma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom