• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Okami is awesome. If it runs 4k downsampled on PS3 a PC port should run on a Pentium 4.
Also, it's capcom so it'd probably cost $40 to me.

Maniac

Banned
guys leave shadownet alone, he was a good man, I will miss him a lot. This community will miss him a lot. Just remember all the good times we had.

You wont miss him if you're black. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
grief and mr orange got banned too?

what did they doo

Nononono not Mr Orange. But he (Grief) pulls a Mr Orange on folks all the time is what I meant.

And well, he butted heads with the Sony bias of GAF.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Serious question: Do you guys think that QLOC is the best Polish company in the industry, or do you have some other favourites? CDPR? 11bit? Flying Wild Hog? Artifex Mundi?

I love flying wild hog, CDPR and QLOC. But I like CDPR most :p

Dr Dogg

where aaaam I

Let's see. That's probably the corridor with the cargo lift in Eningeering...

i still don't know where i am in dead space

but I'M OK

and that looks like the hallways with the grav lifts on the way to the Flight Deck.

I've played a lot of Dead Space.

Saying that Ian Milham/moneky_pants on GAF and Twitter did a post mortum of Dead Sapce 1/look at the art design of DS2 that's on the GDC Vault where he shows off slides of all the different decks in Dead Space 1 and to even folks who have played it multiple times they do all kind of blur into one big grey and brown mess. You have to be a dev on the game or an obsessive like me to have a chance knowing the difference.

zkylon

zkylewd
well people need to pay attention and buy that shit

we should all listen to l'arc~en~ciel's Pieces for awareness (it doesn't have anything to do with whatever I said)
ehh idk

start by selling it

He's talking about Mr. Orange as a verb, not about the user.
i know zkylony is a word in certain circles but i didn't know mr orange was a verb

one two punch, ouch
metroid is my favorite franchise

you're breaking my heart
nah like, metroid is awesome, specially super metroid i like it a lot. but u know it never looked specially well to me? i'm not a fan of the giger-esque monsters and weird mix of colorful palette and generally dark and grungy pixelart

Nononono not Mr Orange. But he (Grief) pulls a Mr Orange on folks all the time is what I meant.

And well, he butted heads with the Sony bias of GAF.
ahh, that's dumb

i always try to tell ppl to stop caring so much what other ppl say or think but can't keep ppl from being dumbos, even smart ppl

Anteater

Let's see. That's probably the corridor with the cargo lift in Eningeering...

and that looks like the hallways with the grav lifts on the way to the Flight Deck.

I've played a lot of Dead Space.

it sucks if you're not paying attention lol

just so you guys now I'm juggling like 50 games here!

Maniac

Banned
ahh, that's dumb

i always try to tell ppl to stop caring so much what other ppl say or think but can't keep ppl from being dumbos, even smart ppl
I care so little of other peoples' opinions and what they say that I tend to say a lot of bullshit, and a whole buttload of rude shit, and let out verbal diarrhea on a daily basis.

It's a fucking wonder I've not been banned for being as big a tosspot as I am.

Wok

It is okay: I can still follow Derrick on my Steam feed, and Grief on my Twitter feed. They usually post some good stuff.

Maniac

Banned
Not good enough!
I don't want to have to rely on shady internet stuff to be able to play a game I bought.

They own the IP.

Really? I thought it stayed with Epic after they bought 'em? Huh... Okay then... Huh. Hm. Bitches better get on that or I aint touching whatever they release next.

Either way, The Astronauts is as much People Can Fly, if not more, than PCF themselves, what with all the founders being under the 'The Astronauts' banner. :p

Ozium

So if I play Eliot Quest do I really need a pen and paper? I think Nabs or someone mentioned having to do that, old skool style

why haven't you played it? You mean you played original, on PS2, right?

Okami was alright. But it was way too long for its own good. I know it was three separate games all cut together, but all that content smashed together was done so with no regard for pacing it seemed.

zkylon

zkylewd
is bulletstorm even buyable anywhere anymore?

that game was super rad, i'd like replaying it

I care so little of other peoples' opinions and what they say that I tend to say a lot of bullshit, and a whole buttload of rude shit, and let out verbal diarrhea on a daily basis.

It's a fucking wonder I've not been banned for being as big a tosspot as I am.

you're probably just sleeping with one of the mods

It is okay: I can still follow Derrick on my Steam feed, and Grief on my Twitter feed. They usually post some good stuff.

do you follow ME tho

the only good opinion in the world

Nabs

So if I play Eliot Quest do I really need a pen and paper? I think Nabs or someone mentioned having to do that, old skool style

No, you don't. I just recommend keeping track of locked doors, or things you can't reach. You don't have to, but I'm glad I did. It helped manage the backtracking.

Dr Dogg

MRORANGE'd

/me~star'oara(d)ed/

verb

To pull the wool over ones eyes by sarcastically mocking an intrest or hobby contrary to your own beliefs.
"boy AssCreed sure is the shitest franchise in gaming"

Arthea

Okami was alright. But it was way too long for its own good. I know it was three separate games all cut together, but all that content smashed together was done so with no regard for pacing it seemed.

oh I totally agree it's too long for its own good, I even posted as much on several occasions in Okami HD OT I think.
But even being too long, it's still one of a kind game in many ways, painting mechanics, the number of gameplay mechanics employed in general, artstyle, music, story. I just wish it was on PC, so I can run around whenever I wish.

hey Punch, what's up with Snakebird controls? they are all kinds of bad and you said nothing about it!
Seriously, it's like clicking in some jelly or oil, I'm not sure I can get used to it.

oh I totally agree it's too long for its own good, I even posted as much on several occasions in Okami HD OT I think.
But even being too long, it's still one of a kind game in many ways, painting mechanics, the number of gameplay mechanics employed in general, artstyle, music, story. I just wish it was on PC, so I can run around whenever I wish.

hey Punch, what's up with Snakebird controls? they are all kinds of bad and you said nothing about it!
Seriously, it's like clicking in some jelly or oil, I'm not sure I can get used to it.

are you using a controller or keyboard? i played the entire game with a controller

Sounds like our in-house crazy person / racist was, though.

let's hope this is the second perma that sticks.

Uzzy

Guys i need some help here.

I'm torn between Darkest Dungeon or Oxenfree, which one should i go for?

They're completely different experiences, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Oxenfree's really great, I picked it up and played it through in one sitting last weekend, and loved almost every moment. It's got a great freaky vibe to it, and it's dialogue system is the best I've ever seen and needs to be copied by other games as soon as possible. But it is pretty short, and while there's multiple endings, I'm not sure how much replay value there is.

Darkest Dungeon is a brutal, roguelike dungeon crawler. Very different stuff, but if you're into roguelikes I'd certainly recommend it based on what I've seen.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Fi3OSuO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom