• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Fi3OSuO.jpg

tumblr_lqcvcqaNxm1qer56zo1_500.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
well i'm not capcom...

i'm just going tell you to play it

and l'arc~en~ciel is cool although they have nothing to do with it and they so old
well i played it a bit on ps2, it had big spiders so gave up on it but i feel it's a game worth porting over regardless of i play it or not

EA is still selling it everywhere, because fuck users that can't play it if you've got their money, right?
really? doesn't show on steam for me at least, but might be a region thing

and gfwl makes it so that you 100% can't play it?

it's so sad to see publishers have so very little care for the work they've created, specially when it's as good as bulletstorm

Of course. I love your screenshots and the comments people put below. Plus the occasional reviews.
excellent

Not as far as I'm aware. But then again, I am a heavy sleeper. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I mean... If I was gay or bi, I'd definitely tap Bish. He's one fine gent.
i think i can name two mods in this entire forsaken site and one's not a mod anymore

this bish person was in pillars of eternity i guess, so i'm guessing he's someone

Dr Dogg

Here's the thing Derrick, GAF GOTY's are reflective of all the sub communities and sections of GAF combined into one homogenised set of results. While SteamGAFs are just the nutters who frequent here and the casual observers who pop their head in time to time. If you wanted true horror just imagine all the other sub communities or platform specific peeps to get their own GOTY Awards. I shuddered just typing this.

Dr Dogg

i really don't remember spiders in that game lol

originald8ub2.jpeg

There's a whopping great big spider boss at the end of part one and for arachnohobes it's pretty fucking errie (even the string mandolin music track leading up to the encounter is enough to set the hairs on the back of your neck tingling). You have gaming blackout syndrome by the sounds of things!

Parsnip

It's the truth.

and gfwl makes it so that you 100% can't play it?

it's so sad to see publishers have so very little care for the work they've created, specially when it's as good as bulletstorm

Unless I'm completely mistaken, you can still play Bulletstorm, you just need to jump through the usual G4WL hoops to get shit working.
And unless I'm completely misremembering, someone did ask PCF about removing G4WL from the game after they went indie again and got the IP from Epic, but they can't since they don't own the game itself, just the IP. Maybe EA is to blame, didn't they publish it?

Or something like that.

Anteater

that sucks

such a pity

score one for piracy!

google them (don't post the pictures tho tho)

i remember them being pretty bad for me

might've been a boss

hmm it's interesting because it's one of the games I don't remember spiders, but you're probably right

zkylon

zkylewd
Unless I'm completely mistaken, you can still play Bulletstorm, you just need to jump through the usual G4WL hoops to get shit working.
And unless I'm completely misremembering, someone did ask PCF about removing G4WL from the game after they went indie again and got the IP from Epic, but they can't since they don't own the game itself, just the IP. Maybe EA is to blame, didn't they publish it?

Or something like that.
yea maybe some ppl should have some meetings

and make buying the game less painless than pirating it

so u know, they give ppl a reason to buy it instead of punishing them for it

hmm it's interesting because it's one of the games I don't remember spiders, but you're probably right
yeah i wouldn't trust myself with a lot of things, but i'm usually pretty accurate about this crap

Dr Dogg

Sneak peek of the VitaGaf GOTY awards.

Tumbleweed.gif

They must have had one game for VitaGAF to cling to in 2015 right? Right? I haven't seen my Vita since we moved house, hope it's alright though for all I know it's probably been left behind like what happens with all the shit discarded toys during a house move.

lol, you so funny (zky don't check this spoiler)

Spoiler tagged images still don't work on mobile.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah also if u care about me u should probably not spoilertag or link to em in any way haha

i have my phobias but i'm also very much curious to a fault and will probably click on everything i'm told not to lol

i appreciate the effort, but u know, zkylon user manual is pretty complicated

Ludens

Banned
So if all I bought was Capcom Games and CSGO I would be fake?
But yeah they'repromotin their own stuff.
Well, the game has mostly positive reviews, but I can see only negative ones, something is going on (the Topware thing could be a bullshit, since DLH gave away pretty much all Topware games so it's natural many players own them).

Maniac

Banned
After seeing his off topic posts/thread, I believe this to be false.

I believe SteamGAF is now in a better place.
I concur. Although it makes me think of the... "Old" adage; "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole."

And that's in regards to myself, mind. Because I'm definitely somewhat of an arsehole; but atleast I'm an entertaining one, eh?
let's hope this is the second perma that sticks.

Aye. Lest he forgets he has cancer yet again.

His healing powers are second only to those of Wolverine.

Eila

Y'all don't even know the worst giant spider in gaming.
063badf70a70e13d6e3c6d9767751691.png
Game was supposed to come on steam a while ago, not sure what happened.

I concur. Although it makes me think of the... "Old" adage; "You're not wrong, you're just an asshole."

And that's in regards to myself, mind. Because I'm definitely somewhat of an arsehole; but atleast I'm an entertaining one, eh?

Aye. Lest he forgets he has cancer yet again.

His healing powers are second only to those of Wolverine.

Don't worry. He'll just get brain surgery again.

zkylon

zkylewd
see, i'd appreciate if "what's the worst spider in gaming" doesn't become a topic of conversation

i'm cool if u guys wanna talk about it, but i'll have to leave for a bit then :T

shush hyde is my idol :[
it's ok, i don't have to like it for u to like it :>

Uzzy

Here's the thing Derrick, GAF GOTY's are reflective of all the sub communities and sections of GAF combined into one homogenised set of results. While SteamGAFs are just the nutters who frequent here and the casual observers who pop their head in time to time. If you wanted true horror just imagine all the other sub communities or platform specific peeps to get their own GOTY Awards. I shuddered just typing this.

Are the other platform specific community threads not allowed their own GOTY stuff? What's the rationale for that?

i appreciate the effort, but u know, zkylon user manual is pretty complicated

It's in Spanish too, so all I know is what buttons to press.

Maniac

Banned
Also I totally hate spiders in games, but only because they're so cliché and trite. It's always run-of-the-mill spiders, and rarely something interesting. That's why I love Arachnas in The Witcher. They're unique, and whilst they definitely remind you of spiders, they're unique and well-designed, and still hairy. Eurgh.

Although I'm told that there's an actual mega-spider in Hearts of Stone, however being the madman that I am, I've yet to even play Hearts of Stone despite pre-ordering the Collectors Edition of it.

Also pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of TW3 itself, and am yet to finish the main game...

Sigh. I have a problem.

Jawmuncher

Also I totally hate spiders in games, but only because they're so cliché and trite. It's always run-of-the-mill spiders, and rarely something interesting. That's why I love Arachnas in The Witcher. They're unique, and whilst they definitely remind you of spiders, they're unique and well-designed, and still hairy. Eurgh.

Although I'm told that there's an actual mega-spider in Hearts of Stone, however being the madman that I am, I've yet to even play Hearts of Stone despite pre-ordering the Collectors Edition of it.

Also pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of TW3 itself, and am yet to finish the main game...

Sigh. I have a problem.

There's a Two Worlds 3?

Dr Dogg

Are the other platform specific community threads not allowed their own GOTY stuff? What's the rationale for that?

We just too big to be kept down!

In all seriousness more games release on Steam in a calander year than most consoles get in their lifetime. Even ones that get shovelware galore look barren to Steam right now. Plus there's there's some crazy diversity in what gets released on Steam that only really gets released there. Same with some of the mobile stores too but mobile is a filthy word to some on Gaming side for some bizare reason. I guess an In App Purchase killed thier dog or something.

Maniac

Banned
That's bullshit.

The guy preaches the word of GabeN to the peasants. He was bound to get crucified eventually.

The mods are the roman soldiers in this metaphor. Edit: Was it roman soldiers? I don't really know much bible-stuff what with being an atheist and never giving a crap in school and stuff.

Also I love romans. Such ballin' armour... But yeah, I think it's... Eh. The ban has been a tad of a long time coming, but I feel it's a bit of a harsh one for our dear pastor.
There's a Two Worlds 3?

Harr.

Harr harr.

... I kinda wish. I really liked Two Worlds 2 despite it being janky as fuck and really buggy in places. It was... A nice-looking, relatively fun eurojank RPG.

The name is a pain in the ass though. Two Worlds Two. The Twoening.

Anyhoo, this 'ere lonesome cunt is going to bed. Tarra ya'll! Catch ya' later unless my Maniac™ carelessness and apathy finally gets me a much-deserved ban. :p

Sleep well you beautiful bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom