• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

i still don't know where i am in dead space

27A0D2DFA19637099BAB7A96796BCC1792BA957D

but I'M OK

Have Avalanche create the tech, have Obsidian design the scenarios.

capcom should write the story

and valve should decide on its quality control and release date

Arthea

Whoever thought about bringing Koi Koi to steam, they have my sincere thanks, like really thanks a lot, I assume that it will be one of my games of forever until I learn all yaku and all that. It's also nicely made game, translation is odd at times, but it doesn't bother me.

Lomax

JC3 as an online f2p game actually sounds awesome to me. Hop on for some random mayhem, no pressing need for a bad narrative, and at no cost? Now I'm even more disappointed.

Balthuk

i still don't know where i am in dead space

but I'M OK

capcom should write the story

and valve should decide on its quality control and release date

F dead space, I can't play more that 5 minutes before I turn the game off. I won't die for this game, I won't!

Arthea

It seems I was on point with Koi Koi being a game of forever, just noticed someone on my fl has more than 50 hours of it. I wish I've played it earlier, it would have ended on my goty list. Oh well, not that it matters as no steamgafer seems to play it that I can see.

Ludens

Banned
Two hours stucked on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5vP4YX51fc

After I FINALLY managed to complete it, I saw there's an achievement for completing it in less than 10 minutes (it's randomized).

How the hell I suppose to do that :l

Not that I care, because that final puzzle and the crappy ending pretty much ruined the whole game for me.

Eila

It seems I was on point with Koi Koi being a game of forever, just noticed someone on my fl has more than 50 hours of it. I wish I've played it earlier, it would have ended on my goty list. Oh well, not that it matters as no steamgafer seems to play it that I can see.

I have it. Is it hard to learn? I only (kind of) know how to play poker.

Just to be clear, I can't do it because I'm scared shitless. I liked the 90 minutes I have played so far but horror ain't my thing.

It really is scary because you're locked in a small place with those monsters. Wish the sequel was like that.
Apparently it is, but I didn't get far enough.

Deitus

I'm only grumpy on my own lawn!

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that.

Actually, that was kind of my point. It's perfectly fine to stand on your own lawn and shake your fist angrily while yelling (possibly in the direction of a cloud). It's only when a crazy old man wanders into someone else's backyard and starts yelling incoherently that people start to get worried and probably call the cops.

Edit: Oh wow, Shadownet got banned again already? What did he do this time?

Arthea

I have it. Is it hard to learn? I only (kind of) know how to play poker.

Well, it's nothing like poker, but it's not that hard to learn, rules are pretty simple, the problem lies in memorizing cards and sets (yaku), because without that there is no way to form any strategy in any given game and there is a lot to memorize. You should try it, if concept looks attractive to you, you can learn as you go, if not, you'll find it soon enough and nothing will be lost.

zkylon

zkylewd
port over okami hd you fucks

honestly capcom should market okami cuz that game deserves better

first of all: there isn't a good zelda clone anywhere (fuck darksiders)

2nd: it has pretty good and charming art direction

3rd: the combat is actually pretty fun

4th: it has a lot of exploration

5th: cuz I said so

6th: zkylon sux

7th: steam's demographic need this game if you know how to sell it to them
huh what did i doo

Arthea

Okami artstyle is something, I could speed run with Okami for no reason just for the beauty of it, would double dip if ever released on steam.

edited: even Jasec would play Okami, it's such a massive collectathon!

ArjanN

We need God Hand before Okami anyway.

Makes sense, I guess. Really a bummer for Avalanche, because I dunno where they can go from here; their reputation is ruined.

JC2 was such simple, primal fun, and JC3 jettisoned all of that in favour of... I don't even know what. Wingsuits and timers?

IMO JC3 is pretty much just a more polished JC2 with better graphics. Well, more polished in terms of animations and such, I'll agree the performance/stability is wonky.

It's still a very solid game.

Anteater

hey now

i was the first one to say okami and everything

so u know

shush

well time to get that game to a larger audience

i can't figure out a way to :p

game is cool tho, think it would fit the steam demographic but capcom probably don't know how to market it

rtcn63

To be fair, Darksiders was trying to be a clone of something that hasn't been particularly good/great since the N64 days (3D Zelda). Darksiders definitely faults on replays, but I'd still play it again over Twilight Princess, GC Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword.

Okami... I loved it on the PS2, but I'm not sure I could replay it either all the way through. It's really long, and the second half repeats bosses and stuff.

Maniac

Banned
Serious question: Do you guys think that QLOC is the best Polish company in the industry, or do you have some other favourites? CDPR? 11bit? Flying Wild Hog? Artifex Mundi?

I've no idea about any of QLOC's output other than some of their ports. Definitely CDPR for me, although Flying Wild Hog and Techland are definitely up there aswell.

100% Trine 3. took about 6 hours. this was really easy which was a bit disappointing since they took away the "rpg" stuff with leveling each characters abilities up and the battles were really easy too.

zkylon

zkylewd
well time to get that game to a larger audience

i can't figure out a way to :p

game is cool tho, think it would fit the steam demographic but capcom probably don't know how to market it
i feel it's mostly capcom that needs convincing rather than pc gamers

Loving the boss designs in Axiom Verge

fg2bKtR.png

And pretty much anything else in the game tbh

i understand the quality of axiom verge's pixelart work being good but boy i hate its designs

tbh i'm not a huge fan of metroid's either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom