• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Space remains as the only game reason I've ever used my mouse's sensitivity adjustment feature for. Cranked it to the max, 400%, to make it playable. If I didn't have that I wouldn't have been able to play it, lacking a controller at the time.
I did exactly that when I played it, wanted to increase FOV as well.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ShPuMGp.png

Ih6qqWB.png

QLOC is just too good.
Hoping they'll get the chance to port Okami HD over next.

Jawmuncher

Capcom is probably gonna try and keep QLOC under them for their ports. It might even be why the PC version isn't getting the XL content. WB wants QLOC who apparently fixed (as best they could) the High Voltage port. However with them being busy on another port apparently, they'd rather not do it themselves or pay another company that might botch it.

Parsnip

It's nice that port houses that do good work get to talk about that work sometimes and we don't have to guess based on added localizations or some such nonsense.
I think some Capcom community man at Capcom Unity confirmed that QLOC was working on it some time ago, so I had high confidence in the port.

Hektor

signal to garbage. keep it moving.

Can we talk about Katana Zero and how cool it looks?

screen1.gif

That looks sick.

Dead Space remains as the only game reason I've ever used my mouse's sensitivity adjustment feature for. Cranked it to the max, 400%, to make it playable. If I didn't have that I wouldn't have been able to play it, lacking a controller at the time.

Wasn't that fixable by disabling V-Sync?

Turfster

Why is there a special promotion on for MGSV TPP @ 50% off?

Nah, Turfster is a grumpy old man who hates everything, but he doesn't constantly troll every thread about a game he doesn't like until he gets banned.

I'm only grumpy on my own lawn!

Turf is a cool dude :3

<3

he could if he repeat his opinion 500 times more on the gaming side :D

That's the old passage to gaming side. We don't go there any more.

Anteater

port over okami hd you fucks

honestly capcom should market okami cuz that game deserves better

first of all: there isn't a good zelda clone anywhere (fuck darksiders)

2nd: it has pretty good and charming art direction

3rd: the combat is actually pretty fun

4th: it has a lot of exploration

5th: cuz I said so

6th: zkylon sux

7th: steam's demographic need this game if you know how to sell it to them

def sim

QLOC <3

Why even step out of Community? I believe every thread I post in/subscribe to is in Community/OT Community.

There are interesting topics/news over in gaming and OT that I like to read. Grief caught some feelings over platforms a little too much, Shadownet was banned for a much bigger issue than video games and hasn't learned his lesson. That shouldn't discourage other members from stepping out there.

Dsyndrome

Finally got all the main NPC's for Pillars of Eternity, trying to decide which group to go with now outside of completing folks' companion quests. Right now I'm looking at:

Main: Tank
Eder: Tank
Pallegina: Paladin
Grieving Mother: Cipher
Aloth: Wizard
Durance: Priest

I wish I could have another person so Sagani and her wolf could stay permanently; also wish I could just leave Eder, but he's so damn useful.

Still haven't beaten Act II, not sure if it's immediately following the Leaden Key trio or not. Having a great time playing it, glad it ranked relatively high on both GOTY's, showing that people enjoyed it.

mp1990

Banned
port over okami hd you fucks

honestly capcom should market okami cuz that game deserves better

first of all: there isn't a good zelda clone anywhere (fuck darksiders)

2nd: it has pretty good and charming art direction

3rd: the combat is actually pretty fun

4th: it has a lot of exporation

5th: cuz I said so

6th: zkylon sux

7th: steam's demographic need this game if you know how to sell it to them

Don't be mean to Darksiders :mad:

I really wanted to love Okami, from the deep of my heart, but i could never get into it because GOD the pacing is slow. Having walls after walls of text every 5 minutes didn't help either. But it looks so good ;-;

Try and find a cheap laser cutter service,

I use this website to get a PDF of the exact box I want: http://boxmaker.connectionlab.org/

I then export it to illustrator and make the modifications for mounting holes and other changes for my projects.

Depending on where you live, look for a maker-space.as that will bring down coust a LOT. to build that box cost me less than £1.50

Thanks for responding. That looks like a great site to bookmark and come back to and 1.50 is a steal for something custom made. I got some of the MAKE magazines from Humble Bundle and did some of the projects in the open air but getting them in a case would be a finishing touch.

Uzzy

It's nice that port houses that do good work get to talk about that work sometimes and we don't have to guess based on added localizations or some such nonsense.
I think some Capcom community man at Capcom Unity confirmed that QLOC was working on it some time ago, so I had high confidence in the port.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to give credit where credit's due.

Capcom is probably gonna try and keep QLOC under them for their ports. It might even be why the PC version isn't getting the XL content. WB wants QLOC who apparently fixed (as best they could) the High Voltage port. However with them being busy on another port apparently, they'd rather not do it themselves or pay another company that might botch it.

Maybe they're busy porting Third Strike to PC!

It really is a bummer that Konami is so apathetic. MGSV's port is superb, the game's a lot of fun to play, and the online mode is thrown to the wind because of a lack of security. It's just such a waste of the game's potential.

Konami whyyyyy

It's like the opposite of GTA5, which is probably the worst best multiplayer I've ever seen in my life. Just a monstrosity of menus, wait times, and more wait times.

Momentary

Banned
Well, the reality is that the workflow capcom osaka with MTF dictates a pc version existing first, this is not the case with Unreal or CE.
It doesn't matter if it's not released, or released later, the pc version is built first and then ported over to consoles. So it doesn't matter if QLOC is a "port" studio, there was nothing to port.

I don't know what to say to a person like this

tmarg

It really is a bummer that Konami is so apathetic. MGSV's port is superb, the game's a lot of fun to play, and the online mode is thrown to the wind because of a lack of security. It's just such a waste of the game's potential.

Konami whyyyyy

It's like the opposite of GTA5, which is probably the worst best multiplayer I've ever seen in my life. Just a monstrosity of menus, wait times, and more wait times.

MGSVI is going to be the goat pachinko machine though.

It could have been worse. I'm serious.

They probably jettisoned the microtransactions and scrambled to patch the rest of the game together, resulting in Just Cause 3: Released Just 'Cuz Edition.

This is from a different thread, FYI. It's confusing.

Jim Sterling said that JC3 would have been an online only game (and F2P) and that the current iteration of the game was something Avalanche had to pull together in a really short amount of time (all thanks to Square Enix's lack of confidence in current gen consoles and singleplayer games)

MUnited83

For you.
Jim Sterling said that JC3 would have been an online only game (and F2P) and that the current iteration of the game was something Avalanche had to pull together in a really short amount of time (all thanks to Square Enix's lack of confidence in current gen consoles and singleplayer games)

Still ended up more fun than Just Cause 2 so I'm quite alright with that.
Makes sense, I guess. Really a bummer for Avalanche, because I dunno where they can go from here; their reputation is ruined.

JC2 was such simple, primal fun, and JC3 jettisoned all of that in favour of... I don't even know what. Wingsuits and timers?
But JC3 is that too. In fact, it's even better.

Makes sense, I guess. Really a bummer for Avalanche, because I dunno where they can go from here; their reputation is ruined.

JC2 was such simple, primal fun, and JC3 jettisoned all of that in favour of... I don't even know what. Wingsuits and timers?

Honestly I don't think Mad Max is that great either, feels really empty to me.
Oh, right, I forgot about MM. I see Avalanche's position as really dire because of MM, because, well... that was the Just Cause 2 team that made it. An Ubisoftalike.

Like, what? How?! Why?!!?

And they spent years on both games. It's just bananas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom