• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

A Dino Crisis reboot would be better. More attractive for new buyers and it will let fans forget Dino Crisis 3. Oh god that game is terrible.

rtcn63

I think Dino Crisis could work RE6 style. Co-op, driving set pieces, grandiose explosions every time you complete a tripping QTE. Fuckin' dinosaur ganados and shit.

Jawmuncher

A Dino Crisis reboot would be better. More attractive for new buyers and it will let fans forget Dino Crisis 3. Oh god that game is terrible.

I think Dino Crisis could work RE6 style. Co-op, driving set pieces, grandiose explosions every time you complete a tripping QTE. Fuckin' dinosaur ganados and shit.

If it ever came back i'm pretty sure it would be a reboot. Sequel has been dormant too long with most people only remember Regina and that there were dinosaurs. I always liked the "reboot" image someone made in Gmod.

dino_crisis_by_lonefiiylig.jpg

Vamphuntr

If it ever came back i'm pretty sure it would be a reboot. Sequel has been dormant too long with most people only remember Regina and that there were dinosaurs. I always liked the "reboot" image someone made in Gmod.

That looks really great. The sad thing is that Capcom is so afraid to do anything AAA outside of Resident Evil and Monster Hunter that it isn't likely to happen unless they can get Sony, MS or Nintendo to pay for it like Dead Rising 3 or SFV.

taco543

guys! holy shit! So I'm playing through the witcher 3 right now and strangely Kasabian- Thick as Thieves, suits the game so beautifully... The song here.

Also Witcher 3 with Ultra settings at 1440p.. oh gawd...... DA BEAUTY!

zkylon

zkylewd
good on dragons dogma

wish capcpcom wasn't assholes about nuuvem tho

i forget what the consensus was about re revelaitons 2.. good, not good? worth 12.50?

and re6 at 5 is tempting too...

(all this is nuuvem)

oh I totally agree it's too long for its own good, I even posted as much on several occasions in Okami HD OT I think.
But even being too long, it's still one of a kind game in many ways, painting mechanics, the number of gameplay mechanics employed in general, artstyle, music, story. I just wish it was on PC, so I can run around whenever I wish.

hey Punch, what's up with Snakebird controls? they are all kinds of bad and you said nothing about it!
Seriously, it's like clicking in some jelly or oil, I'm not sure I can get used to it.

The thing I remember most is the gibberish speech sfx and the inability to turn it off, even in the hd version.

Thing is if you filter out the games not on steam, it's very similar.

30fps is absolute garbage

even 60fps is pretty meh

24fps prevented contradiction from being goty.

Jawmuncher

good on dragons dogma

i forget what the consensus was about re revelaitons 2.. good, not good? worth 12.50?

(all this is nuuvem)

Revelations 2
Most people like it, especially since it melds the action and horror together better. It's worth the price, especially if you liked Barry and Claire.

RE6 at 5 is a good deal. The game get's a lot of flak but the gameplay is ace. Easily the best TPS mechanic wise on Steam.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
good on dragons dogma

(all this is nuuvem)

lol come on my dude. You can't really blame them for protecting against regional price exploitation.

My buddy Lashman been asking for me to come participate here-being as I am getting bummed out in other threads from all the super negetivity. Im super impressed with your GOTY list- and the few I have as friends on Twitter reflect this thread in a great way-

So my name is Al. I love all genres. Love cats. Love drinking. Posting cat gifs-

I have a Skylake build 6700K and 980ti- built on Thanksgiving - havent had a decent PC since 2013.

Greatly looking forward to RotTR next week kinda looking forward to The Winess, but I prepare for disapointment following the fact there are no puzzles to solve with Piss jars.

Feel like a housecat going outside for the first time.
tumblr_nn2rvwombF1shl6klo1_500.gif

Hope to be accepted in this cool thread
Steam ID

Eila

lol come on my dude. You can't really blame them for protecting against regional price exploitation.

It's weird that Brazil is the only place in Latin America where their prices are good. I have no idea why or where I can ask the reason for that.

Messiah

My buddy Lashman been asking for me to come participate here-being as I am getting bummed out in other threads from all the super negetivity. Im super impressed with your GOTY list- and the few I have as friends on Twitter reflect this thread in a great way-

Welcome! We're occasionally alright.

So my name is Al. I love all genres. Love cats. Love drinking. Posting cat gifs-

I have a Skylake build 6700K and 980ti- built on Thanksgiving - havent had a decent PC since 2013.

Greatly looking forward to RotTR next week kinda looking forward to The Winess, but I prepare for disapointment following the fact there are no puzzles to solve with Piss jars.

Steam ID

Cool cats are always welcome (and those who aren't cool are welcome as well)
Friends of lashman are more than welcome, lashman is the best :)

Welcome!

And in a show of good faith I'm gonna give you some suggestions for games to buy in the future (if you haven't already)
Those suggestions are: Way of the Samurai 4 and D4.

taco543

Steam ID

Welcome!
GIF-Typing-cat---Welcome-to-the-Internet.gif

we have cats here, but mostly waifus. also We have ummm... steam... and games... and we talk about things... like um.... ANIME! and uh... we give each other games to pile into our backlogs so instead of playing them, we just sit there disgusted with ourselves.

also I sent you a friend request the names poliwagasaurus on steam!

Jawmuncher

https://57.media.tumblr.com/63a5c30a831b897f4074b25445003556/tumblr_nn2rvwombF1shl6klo1_500.gif[IMG]

[B][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/id/alcoholikaust/"]Steam ID[/URL][/B][/QUOTE]

It'll all be cool if you post from time to time and don't just disappear.

Endruen

Steam ID
Welcome to SteamGAF.
You've met the first requirement in order to be accepted in this community: to post an anime gif.
I miss Nichijou :'(

Steam ID

CGDTx4e.gif

Welcome!

Steam ID

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23952-1363279780-4.gif

Steam ID
giphy.gif

oipic

My buddy Lashman been asking for me to come participate here

Any friend of Lashy's is appreciated here (as should be all cat lovers) - welcome aboard, Al!

You're in good company here. Plenty of us looking forward to RotTR here, that's for sure. It'll run like a dream on your new PC, too - enjoy. :)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Steam ID

Welcome to the steamthread!
Nice to get some variation of gifs in here instead of only anime gifs now with you here to post cats ;)

And I completly agree with the Tomb Raider HYPE, Can't stand the wait. Luckily it's just 5 more days.

Hello everyone. I like PC gaming and this seems like a cool thread to talk about PC games. Also, lashman has been nagging me to join for months now, so I had to. :p

Vamphuntr

Since when did GMG stop getting games from publishers?

For a while. They don't stock Ubisoft, Activision and Cd Projekt games (to only name a few) directly from the publishers so what you get is probably a key from a boxed copy from some European country.

If you look at a game's page the source of the key is written on the right. If it's "Authorized Distributor" It's probably a key from a boxed copy like from cdkeys.

tuxfool

Banned
still need to try Catlateral Damage

*slaps wrist

speaking of which I have a bunch of games (including that) in humble bundle cart and it crashes when I try to checkout? chrome problem?

Yeah, I've had that same problem. It is why I keep multiple browsers for such eventualities.

Dsyndrome

I don't even have Shadownet on my Steam list. Hmm, I thought I had him on there at some point.

He'd delete you anyway.

Trying to push forth in Undertale. Just got to the two skeleton dudes after being betrayed in the Ruins. Game's still touch and go for me for whatever reason, Earthbound's the better game.

Steam ID
I'll friend you, always need more friends.

still need to try Catlateral Damage

*slaps wrist

speaking of which I have a bunch of games (including that) in humble bundle cart and it crashes when I try to checkout? chrome problem?

What crashes, your browser? That seems bad.

The only problem I've ever had with the Humble Store (on Firefox) is an endless hang at the verifying purchase stage, post-checkout--it always goes through in spite of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom