• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

Mark of the Ninja at #5.

ill_allow_it_community.gif

I miss your old avatar

Parsnip

Dark Souls didn't click with me until I rang the first bell. Technically right before I rang the first bell.
Beating Gargoyles for the first time specifically.

Dsyndrome

Was remembering the good 'ol days of FMV with The X-Files Game, and looked to see who the publisher was in case tweeting something might get a reaction since the show's on tonight. Too bad it's Fox Interactive and they're defunct; only game that's available digitally is AvP, they also held the reins at one point for No One Lives Forever, and we all know how that went.

So many games lost from yesteryear...

6th highest reviewed game on all of steam

#1 Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
#2 Portal 2
#3 Battleblock Theatre
#4 Portal
#5 Mark of the Ninja
#6 One Finger Death Punch
Couldn't get into Portal sadly. Played it a couple hours but it was too boring. Could be me being not in the mood for something like that at the time.

first ending or last ending?

Beware, I'm going to post huge spoilers! Those who haven't finished the game yet (or aren't sure) please don't look.

What do you have to do in order to achieve the "last" ending?
I beat the dragon, did the Everfall stuff, then fought the Seneschal, took his place and ended my own life with the Godsbane. Is that the "last ending"? or there's something else?

iosefe

Beware, I'm going to post huge spoilers! Those who haven't finished the game yet (or aren't sure) please don't look.

What do you have to do in order to achieve the "last" ending?
I beat the dragon, did the Everfall stuff, then fought the Seneschal, took his place and ended my own life with the Godsbane. Is that the "last ending"? or there's something else?

well, i would guess it's playing in a New Game Plus, but doing that last section
at the end of the Everfall stuff
in Offline mode. for reasons

Vlad

I wasn't either, but I don't like stealth games in general.

I usually don't like stealth games either, but I really loved MotN. You didn't have to spend most of your time just sitting and waiting for the one opening in the enemy patterns and had a ton of options in how to approach most situations. Dragging a corpse into a crowded room and hanging it from a lamp when nobody was looking, followed by the guards seeing it, freaking out, and all shooting each other in fear never got old.

Balthuk

Portals being so revered doesn't surprise me, Battleblock Theatre does, it's a good game and funny, but it's not that good...

edited:
I need to buy Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes one day, to see what's so damn good about it.

I watched some gameplay of Keep Talking on youtube and it seems like a loot of fun for a bunch of friends. Really want to find someone to buy and play it with.
Anyone who has played it got any feedback?

sheaaaa

I watched some gameplay of Keep Talking on youtube and it seems like a loot of fun for a bunch of friends. Really want to find someone to buy and play it with.
Anyone who has played it got any feedback?

It is really genius. Played it with my wife for a few hours and I don't think we've had as much fun with another game. Last I heard they were updating it with more so hopefully the game keeps giving.

If you've always wanted to play a game with someone who doesn't play video games, this is the one.

Nabs

Battleblock is such a great co-op game. It just has one act I'd probably drop, but I really enjoyed my time with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
first ending or last ending?

Last, I think. There was one point
when I killed the dragon
that made me think the game was over. Then I kept going and it kept getting weirder and weirder in true Capcom fashion. This time, the credits rolled with the game creators and everything, so I'm pretty sure that's the "last" ending(?) then it told me if I loaded my save it would start a new game but I'd get to keep my stuff.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was remembering the good 'ol days of FMV with The X-Files Game, and looked to see who the publisher was in case tweeting something might get a reaction since the show's on tonight. Too bad it's Fox Interactive and they're defunct; only game that's available digitally is AvP, they also held the reins at one point for No One Lives Forever, and we all know how that went.

So many games lost from yesteryear...

The X-Files game is in a far better place than NOLF as it's a Fox IP and Fox game, so there's no doubt as to which party owns what, but, yeah, the likelihood of a company licensing the IP for the sake of re-releasing a title from the late 90s is exceedingly slim. The original AvP is actually self-published by Rebellion these days, which is why it went up on GOG and was patched with cross-service play.

Finished a single mission in about 3hrs. Going the ultra-tactical route is very time-intensive. But the payoff from a carefully orchestrated attack is worth it.

Here two instances of rocket attacks at vehicles. It's very easy to get spotted by them, so what looks mundane took seriously hours of trial and error. Rocket Attack #1 (WebM 10s) Rocket Attack #2 (WebM 19s)
After taking that hill, the next mission got interesting. There was sniping, artillery attacks and UAV even. And the best, none scripted. All at my command and left to use whenever and at whatever I see fit.
Sniping is fun but demands patience and a steady hand. Got really shocked when a rocket whizzed right by my head. (WebM 4s)
Hitting a moving object is very hard to pull off though. There's bullet drop and time dilation. Was nice sniping one that way (WebM 4s).
The coolest moment was killing two enemies with a single bullet though. So good. (WebM 5s).

Balthuk

Finished a single mission in about 3hrs. Going the ultra-tactical route is very time-intensive. But the payoff from a carefully orchestrated attack is worth it.

Here two instances of rocket attacks at vehicles. It's very easy to get spotted by them, so what looks mundane took seriously hours of trial and error. Rocket Attack #1 (WebM 10s) Rocket Attack #2 (WebM 19s)

After taking that hill, the next mission got interesting. There was sniping, artillery attacks and UAV even. And the best, none scripted. All at my command and left to use whenever and at whatever I see fit.
Sniping is fun but demands patience and a steady hand. Got really shocked when a rocket whizzed right by my head. (WebM 4s)
Hitting a moving object is very hard to pull off though. There's bullet drop and time dilation. Was nice sniping one that way (WebM 4s).
The coolest moment was killing two enemies with a single bullet though. So good. (WebM 5s).

It's cool seeing you get more and more into arma. Keep it up, nice double kill.

Guys. GUYS. I've been playing One Finger Death Punch for less than 20 minutes and this is in-fucking-credible. Oh my god this game.
Yup. Glad to see more people enjoying this

And it would have been a perfect game for mobile, except the port was totally fucked by timers and microtransactions

Buraindo

Done with Ys I, took me about 8-9 hours. Had a good time, I thought it'd be harder to get into given its age but I'm glad that wasn't the case.
Sure, some maps are a nightmare to get through thanks to some really annoying layouts and the combat did get a bit of getting used to but once it did the game became incredibly enjoyable. Everything else, from art, fast paced gameplay ,bosses
Dark Fact oh boy
, actually having to pay attention to clues is great.
I'm glad I decided to get into the series, even though I'm more than a bit late.

Jawmuncher

Done with Ys I, took me about 8-9 hours. Had a good time, I thought it'd be harder to get into given its age but I'm glad that wasn't the case.
Sure, some maps are a nightmare to get through thanks to some really annoying layouts and the combat did get a bit of getting used to but once it did the game became incredibly enjoyable. Everything else, from art, fast paced gameplay ,bosses
Dark Fact oh boy
I'm glad I decided to get into the series, even though I'm more than a bit late.

I had a lot of fun with Ys I as well. Sadly I think 2 is a step back, just due to the maps getting way too confusing. Fine besides that though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there still a 25% voucher for pre orders on GMG? Friend wants to snatch xcom2

Vamphuntr

Portal 2 is great and even better in coop. It's no surprise to see it so highly ranked. I found the coop puzzles to be great fun and the SP is hilarious. I've met very few people that hate the game. I mean I saw many disappointed by it because they expected something else being told only about the memes but I would guess it's rate to hate it.

Eila

Dark Fact oh boy

I was amazed by how huge it is for an 80's game, but then I played the game on PCE-CD and found out that the steam version is more of a remake, first released in 2001.

Haint

Does anyone happen to have a Borderlands 2 key laying around from a Humble Bundle or something? Nephew wants me to play with him and we can't play online with my one copy.

I think these are keys I could trade for it:

Hitman Absolution
Bioshock
The Darkness II
Grid
Grid 2
Fez
Dust Elysian Tail
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Risk of Rain
To the Moon
Papa and Yoyo
Deadlight
Terraria
Legend of Grimlock
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Just Cause
The Last Remnant
Batman: Arkham City GOTY
Year Walk
VVVVV
Thomas Was Alone
Cave Story+
Psychonauts
Giana Sisters Twisted Dream
Trine 2
Vanguard Princess
RE5
Remember Me
Abysee Odysee
Insurgency
Jazz Punk
Thief 2013
Life Is Strange Ep 1

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zombi is pretty great so far. I'll probably wrap it up tomorrow night. I'm glad I sat on the WiiU version so long that the port hit before I got past the first 10 minutes. Playing at 60fps makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom