• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buraindo

I had a lot of fun with Ys I as well. Sadly I think 2 is a step back, just due to the maps getting way too confusing. Fine besides that though.

Hmm I hope I won't feel the same way when I'll get to it. For now I'll be playing something else, take a bit of a break to avoid fatigue of any sort.

AWW MAN!! I didn't do an Xcom 2 preview since I thought it was taken but it was avaliable (but is now actually taken) :( fuck it, heres my Xcom 2 preview anyway:

have you ever wanted to play a game where you fight aliens? If your answer is no, well good news, Disgaea comes out this month and I shit you not, you'll have a better time. But if for some strange reason you answered yes, fuck it, go buy disgaea anyway.

Logitech G710's (blue and brown models) are $79.99 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009C98NPY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

brown switches are better than blue ones

I'd buy one if I had the money to spare. I would have had so much $$ if i got this job supervising meetings with kids and their parents :( that job was like $20 an hour because I would have gotten paid more since I'm getting a bachlor's degree at college.
the dream died, but what could have been is not forgotten.
But yea, I really do want a new keyboard.

tmarg

I'd buy one if I had the money to spare. I would have had so much $$ if i got this job supervising meetings with kids and their parents :( that job was like $20 an hour because I would have gotten paid more since I'm getting a bachlor's degree at college.
the dream died, but what could have been is not forgotten.
But yea, I really do want a new keyboard.

That keyboard was $50 on black friday, and I think one time since, so it might get cheaper if you keep an eye out.

I've heard a couple people talk about it, but I don't know if it was in this thread. Certainly doesn't seem to be all that popular.

You could try asking in the Link OT or the RL one.
Yeah maybe.
why would you want a steamlink

Girlfriend bought it for me for Christmas
I don't have another PC for streaming
I don't want to be assed with another HDMI cable between monitor and TV

Fits my needs pretty well actually :3

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
why would you want a steamlink

It lets you get your PC games onto TVs that you otherwise wouldn't make happen out of impractically.

Plus Valve has opened up the API so we'll see third party apps running on it sooner than later. An employee at Valve has already built a version of Kodi for it.

Tesseract

Banned
Zombi is pretty great so far. I'll probably wrap it up tomorrow night. I'm glad I sat on the WiiU version so long that the port hit before I got past the first 10 minutes. Playing at 60fps makes a big difference.

wii u gamepad stuff is a worthy trade off, excellent game either way tho

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Motherfucker I pay a mortgage. I have separate rooms for where I sleep, game, microwave hot pockets and ramen, and mix the hot pocket and ramen together.

At least you dont have to pay for cable

I ended up buying a £20 GOG copy of Witcher 3. Thought I'd finally get around to playing it.

Just over an hour in and enjoying it so far, I don't see such a huge leap over Witcher 2 to be honest, it just seems a more polished version of that, although riding around the lush open world area is nice too.
Wait until you start getting into quests, some side quests are better than full RPGs out there, the DLC too, other studios could learn a thing or two from CDPR.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have you ever wanted to play a game where you fight aliens? If your answer is no, well good news, Disgaea comes out this month and I shit you not, you'll have a better time. But if for some strange reason you answered yes, fuck it, go buy disgaea anyway.

Do you actually have a preview copy of the game or are you just shitting on it for no reason, well apart from being a Disgaea fanboy, in which case I would say, no good reason.

Unlock Red Hering Badge, but many other clues weren't solved yet (all steps summed up here )
until a new ARG came up.

Yeah, that was only for that badge, right. The HL3 rumours never ended up true.

Do you actually have a preview copy of the game or are you just shitting on it for no reason, well apart from being a Disgaea fanboy, in which case I would say, no good reason.

He's just joking, take it easy.

Rhaknar

He's just joking, take it easy.

Take it easy with what? Calling Prinny a Disgaea fanboy? He is, self proclaimed. We run in the same circles, even if I dont wear the Laharl badge anymore. I was actually worried that he did in fact play the game and was shitting on it, because im not ready for XCOM 2 to be bad.

Im really not.
Firaxispls

Volimar

XCOM 2 is going to be amazing. I've seen a few preview videos and they've streamlined some of the more tedious aspects whilst adding some neat features.

No interceptors though...

In XCOM 2, for some reason, the thought of a persistent roster of characters that I may or may not see in a playthrough is enticing, somehow. Which is now possible thanks to that new... soldier library thing... in the main menu.

I really love all the added customisation stuff.

AND ACCENTS! I said wow.

Rhaknar

Voli stop being useless playing Marvel Heroes and link me up with some xcom 2 video goodness, I havent actually seen much yet besides the giantbomb quicklook ex. Any you recomend?

Messiah

Voli stop being useless playing Marvel Heroes and link me up with some xcom 2 video goodness, I havent actually seen much yet besides the giantbomb quicklook ex. Any you recomend?

I would not recommend it, they show off very much of the game already. I think it is more fun encountering all these enemies by yourself and being surprised by them.

Ban Puncher

Just like the Avengers fly around without detection, stealth technology.

tumblr_inline_nqjsol8Akf1qdbfc1_500.jpg

Volimar

I would not recommend it, they show off very much of the game already. I think it is more fun encountering all these enemies by yourself and being surprised by them.

This is very true. Stay clear of any videos if you don't want the crap spoiled out of you.

Rhaknar

This is very true. Stay clear of any videos if you don't want the crap spoiled out of you.

Spoilers: you shoot various type of aliens. Your guys die, a lot. Because im shit :(

Edit: good lord that video is over an hour long >_>

zkylon

zkylewd
remastered is pretty good, i'm guessing it wasn't on release or something but right now it's a beauty, the lighting on the characters is really nice and the dev commentary, while not the bestest, it's pretty entertaining and sometimes really insightful

it's also been pretty fun finally listening to this game in english. most of the characters sound pretty similar, tho sal is def a step down from his spanish version. but everyone else so far has been great, so that's cool

and lupe's still my favorite

now why the fuck did u have to put spiders in grim fandango, tim, i'll never know

zkylon

zkylewd
so, tried to buy on humble bundle and they sent me a sms confirmation code without me ever giving them my phone

yeah fuck humble bundle, i'm buying the witness on steam

Zombi is pretty great so far. I'll probably wrap it up tomorrow night. I'm glad I sat on the WiiU version so long that the port hit before I got past the first 10 minutes. Playing at 60fps makes a big difference.

I thought it was superb too (mostly). Minus points for being a Terrible Ubisoft Port^TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom