• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
And heres where I counter that this is a show that should only be watched dubbed. The director himself said it was made with the english language in mind.
why, engrish is awesome

it's a really uneven show anyways, has some really good parts and then a lot of terrible crap

Monooboe

Aaaah finally catches up to you all! I've been couple of days behind reading SteamGAF, which was pretty weird, all news where I went "oh free game, have to check it out... oh". Also SteamGAF GOTY was all exciting but still, was behind.XD

dex3108

Jonathan Blow is really cool. He already gave away more than 10 codes for The Witness on Twitter.

From FC Primal & RotTR Denuvo thread

So Lara is pretty much protected at this point?

bctDV8f.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Kill la Kill over BL?

If this thread is going to be half anime, at least let there be some good suggestions.
i'm saying kill la kill is a really good show that's on netflix. kill la kill is in my humble opinion one of the best anime ever because it's a really fun mix of really insane action, slapstick comedy, general sweetness and all that fun crap. and it looks great thanks to really cool character designs and it sounds great thanks to one of the best anime soundtracks ever. it's a really fun show to watch in every possible way and i have trouble thinking of a single bad thing about it.

and then i'm separately saying that black lagoon is pretty ehh. not in comparison to kill la kill, just in itself i think it's a show that's often not living up to what it should be by constantly going for cheap thrills arcs instead of taking advantage of its universe and its characters. the city is great and some of the quieter moments are great and i really liked the japan arc but for a show that's like 10 episodes long having like 4 feeling like filler HEY LOOK HOW COOL IT IS FOR THIS NUN TO HAVE A MACHINEGUN or whatever is just ehh... i really like the universe, i wish it was treated with more respect

tmarg

it is
it's not a measure of quality
that's a measure of making a pool of cash, since they said they need 450k subs to continue turning a profit, and here we are now.

I'm sure they're doing fine. It's just that those are pretty much the only major mmos still using subscriptions.

I'm not sure that's a particularly meaningful statement.

Just saying, it seems like they prefer the stability of subscriptions that lets them work with a constant stream of revenue to add back in to the game.
Interview w/ Naoki Yoshida said:
...we don’t believe that FFXIV needs to shift in that direction and not everything that other competitors or titles do will necessarily apply to our title.

If WOW ever goes completely free-to-play, maybe we will consider it. (Laughs)
I'm sure they're doing fine. It's just that those are pretty much the only major mmos still using subscriptions.
I see what you meant now, duh.

Pachimari

Why can't I get into the Souls games. I feel like I'm being left out of something great. I mean, I did get into Dark Souls and Bloodborne but didn't play them for more than 2 hours each. I just left them.

I really love the aesthics and design of the games. Loving the atmosphere, passive lore and enemies.

Hmm, I don't know why I'm not sticking to them.

Maybe I should just stick to it and complete one, after my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII. In that case, which one should I do, Bloodborne or Dark Souls? I'm thinking Bloodborne because it is more offense-oriented and it stripped some of the mechanics of Dark Souls.

I even sold my copy of Demon's Souls. I feel guilty.

rtcn63

Conviction's DLC Ops are basically (style-wise) the stealth side missions in Blacklist... except that you have to do most/all the missions in one sitting, since the DLC doesn't hard save...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just beat Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and watched the credits roll. Such a great experience I think I'm going to start a New Game + right away, I missed out on a ton of side-missions apparently. Also gotta do that bitterback isle stuff.

Those of you that haven't played this yet are really missing out.

Nabs

Why can't I get into the Souls games. I feel like I'm being left out of something great. I mean, I did get into Dark Souls and Bloodborne but didn't play them for more than 2 hours each. I just left them.

I really love the aesthics and design of the games. Loving the atmosphere, passive lore and enemies.

Maybe I should just stick to it and complete one, after my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII. In that case, which one should I do, Bloodborne or Dark Souls? I'm thinking Bloodborne because it is more offense-oriented and it stripped some of the mechanics of Dark Souls.

Dark Souls at 60fps. Give it more than 2hrs this time. You can do it, we believe in you.

zkylon

zkylewd

u probably need to try and take some pressure off "getting it" and just play it for a while longer

find yourself a day you have some free time and patience and go for it

sometimes it's a matter of being in the right mindset for it

i've had that with some games before, and then u find yourself with the right state of mind for it and it just makes sense

yuraya

2 hrs in those games is nothing at all. They are all like 60+ hour games. I needed to play Dark Souls for like 10-15 hours before I realized how genius it all is and after that I couldn't put it down.

Dark Souls 2 is a lot more accessible and noob friendly compared to the first. Its pretty straightforward in its design so you might wanna try that one first.

Edit: Also make sure you aren't playing other games. The souls games are a big toll on your mental endurance so try giving most of your attention to them.

iosefe

I just beat Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and watched the credits roll. Such a great experience I think I'm going to start a New Game + right away, I missed out on a ton of side-missions apparently. Also gotta do that bitterback isle stuff.

Those of you that haven't played this yet are really missing out.

first ending or last ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom