• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it easy with what? Calling Prinny a Disgaea fanboy? He is, self proclaimed. We run in the same circles, even if I dont wear the Laharl badge anymore. I was actually worried that he did in fact play the game and was shitting on it, because im not ready for XCOM 2 to be bad.

Im really not.
Firaxispls

I've evolved from just an ordinary fanboy, I'm now the unofficial disgaea ambassador. Patiently waiting for NIS to contact me and thank my for my services. It'll happen one day, as soon as a mod approves their gaf account.

I think we should just call the first reboot TR13 or something, and the new one Tomb Raider instead.
Typing RotTR is such a hassle as well.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The Witness and Rise of the Tomb Raider are releasing in the same week. In January. Crazy!
It's too much.

This year is gonna be great.

Dr Dogg

why would you use a controller in XCOM of all games?
*flabbergasted*

OK, I rest my case, you guys are hopeless!

As Knurek says above, quite a few peeps prefer XCOM's controller scheme over mouse and keyboard (even at a desk!). I find it has all the common functions right under your fingers and it's more efficient than the kb&m control scheme for quite a few actions. Sure you have more power under with kb&m but XCOM on the sofa is actually a really relaxing game for me. XCOM 2 on the other hand will not be getting 360/XO controller support from what I gather so having a decent set of bindings for the predecessor to work with could be a good start.

rtcn63

STEAM | February 2016 - Raider's Dogma: Denuvo Arisen

STEAM | February 2016 - Fall of the Torrent Raider

Sorry I'm bored as fuck I'm playing RE6 for goodness sakes

I prefer a controller for like nearly all my games. its more comfortable and I mostly play singly player games so the lack of accuracy when aiming in a shooting game doesn't bug me.

STEAM | February 2016 - Raider's Dogma: Denuvo Arisen

STEAM | February 2016 - Fall of the Torrent Raider

Sorry I'm bored as fuck I'm playing RE6 for goodness sakes

no, those names suck. this one is perfect though:

STEAM | February 2016 - #savetheprinnies

Ozium

I prefer a controller for like nearly all my games. its more comfortable and I mostly play singly player games so the lack of accuracy when aiming in a shooting game doesn't bug me.

image.php

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
because it's rather long to type Rise of the Tomb Raider every time you wanna talk about the game, there are one too many games named Tomb Raider already.
I wonder how the next Need for Speed will be called. Crossing my fingers for NFS: Underground!

then it would make more sense to call this one TR16
I'm OK with this
Wouldn't it be technically TR15?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Since The Witness comes out next month the thread title should be Steam | February 2016 - Amish Paradise
I like it!
It releases tomorrow, though.
Honestly though how many folks in here even know of Witness let alone seen it?
If someone doesn't understand the title, they should watch the movie. It's pretty great. Two birds one stone.
"That old guy from The Force Awakens is in it!"

Pachimari

Rise of the Tomb Raider is probably the most bad ass game title this year.

I think we have all learned not to buy fighting games on PC? First Dead or Alive 5 missing DLC stuff and online play, and now Mortal Kombat X won't even get Season 2 or the new online code. Maybe Guilty Gear Xrd (even though we seem to be getting Revelator later than the consoles) and Street Fighter V will be our savior?

I will kill for Tekken 7 to come to PC and have cross-play. I'll would probably still pick it up for PS4 though.

Uzzy

I think we have all learned not to buy fighting games on PC? First Dead or Alive 5 missing DLC stuff and online play, and now Mortal Kombat X won't even get Season 2 or the new online code. Maybe Guilty Gear Xrd (even though we seem to be getting Revelator later than the consoles) and Street Fighter V will be our savior?

I will kill for Tekken 7 to come to PC and have cross-play. I'll would probably still pick it up for PS4 though.

Street Fighter V will be fine.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
STEAM | February 2016 - Daddy, how is a backlog made?

STEAM | February 2016 - Too many recommendations for OT, had to delay some of them

STEAM | February 2016 - February the 9th isn't mighty enough for nr.9

I just suck at this lol

I have no interest in Mighty No. 9 from a gameplay standpoint but I just wish the people who backed it got their damn game already.

Well for one Arcsys is getting closer and closer to console releases with every new release down to the point that I think Relevator will only be a few months.

WB doesn't give a shit about PC games, especially Nethrealm and KT is just bad on PC regardless of what happened to DoA. Ultra Street Fighter 4 has plenty of players because it's Street Fighter even without crossplay so Street Fighter V will manage just fine.

Haunted

fistbumpl7kt1.gif

Hello there fellow gamepad loving PC gamer.

I strongly disagree that every strategy game would be better with a controller. However, and I feel a bit strange saying this, i'm currently playing Xcom Enemy Within using one and I love it.
I do prefer using a controller in every first-person game ever. Mostly everything really. RPG's are the exception.
I probably won't play XCOM2 until they announce proper controller support along with a matching UI (if modders don't get there first).

It just doesn't sit right with me after the excellent controller support the first game had, mouse and keyboard controls are only suitable for games I play windowed on my monitor, I greatly prefer playing games with a controller on my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom