• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

As for thread titles, I'd like it if we could abstain from using a pun about the biggest release of the month, those games don't need more marketing from us.

As for thread titles, I'd like it if we could abstain from using a pun about the biggest release of the month, those games don't need more marketing from us.

STEAM | February 2016 - Denuvo Sent Pirates to Die on PC

I use that certain thread title on gaming side as reference.

This 2009 Bionic Commando game, i just dont know. I dont like its shooting, the swinging can be temperamental at times, and there's like zero momentum in this overly aggressive game that kinda reminds me of Warrior Within in how it just went emo gritty for no reason.

but hey, i'll still play it because it looks good at times and when the swinging works it can be pretty fun to get across a flood/toxic fog filled city that way

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
STEAM | February 2016 - 60FPS? I lied. It’s actually 30FPS
tumblr_m29yemRwqF1qady71o3_1280.jpg

They did what?! Fuck 'em.
So much for PC being the platfrom of choices.

The game was made for a KB/M input down to it's UI this time. They wanted to make a PC ass PC game more or less.

Certain folk claimed X-Com was hindered in it's control scheme because they had to cater to console controllers. That's what I heard anyway from some folks.

STEAM | February 2016 Rise of the Robbedborne

Also-just spent too much on preorders for games

in for XCOM 2 with 25% off and The Division because its $38 in GMG VIP area

Far Cry Primal is also $38 there- but ehhhhh I dont think so

Backlogger

Playing Xcom EU with a gamepad felt so good though. I mean unless the KB/M UI is amazing it's going to have a hard time feeling like a huge step backwards.

I wonder if the Steam controller would be a viable alternative.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
STEAM | February 2016 Rise of the Robbedborne

Also-just spent too much on preorders for games

in for XCOM 2 with 25% off and The Division because its $38 in GMG VIP area

Far Cry Primal is also $38 there- but ehhhhh I dont think so
Yeah I've got RotTR, xcom 2 and sfv pre-ordered. A bit much but I'll probably find time to play them all.

complaining about xcom2 not having controller support when valve specifically built a controller for games that do not have controller support

sounds to me like a lot of people need to pick up a new controller

Jawmuncher

complaining about xcom2 not having controller support when valve specifically built a controller for games that do not have controller support

sounds to me like a lot of people need to pick up a new controller

I'd rather not pickup a controller that still has issues in numerous games. Especially not at 50.

Tizoc

I'd like to think it is thanks to us Steam peeps that helped get VC1 remastered onto PS4.
Now to force these PS4 punks to buy VC1 PS4 en masse to fund the PC port of Nu Valkyria.

I have faith that they made a control scheme that works for the game and didn't dumb it down or compromise on the amount of depth just to make it work with a controller. If that's what they think is best I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I personally gotta hand it to them for making a PC ass PC game and playing to the strengths of the platform.

I'd like to think it is thanks to us Steam peeps that helped get VC1 remastered onto PS4.
Now to force these PS4 punks to buy VC1 PS4 en masse to fund the PC port of Nu Valkyria.

If it doesn't have killstreaks, a season pass or is a PS+ game then it won't sell for crap unfortunately.

Especially not at 50.

You're 50?
:v

I have faith that they made a control scheme that works for the game and didn't dumb it down or compromise on the amount of depth just to make it work with a controller. If that's what they think is best I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I personally gotta hand it to them for making a PC ass PC game and playing to the strengths of the platform.

I think it's a good thing myself but, I guess more people use controllers for everything lately, more than I thought. I only use them for fighting games and platformers really. And even some platformers I manage fine on Mouse and Keyboard.

I'd rather not pickup a controller that still has issues in numerous games. Especially not at 50.

it works with more games than any PC controller ever, though. I've been using it for a while now and it's a thing of beauty. Customizable, good feel, excellent battery life, and thanks to community profiles there's little work for even the most tweak adverse of pc gamers.

but i also bought a $50 gamestop credit for $25 and then picked up the controller that way so i got it half off. maybe that helped.

Maniac

Banned
As Knurek says above, quite a few peeps prefer XCOM's controller scheme over mouse and keyboard (even at a desk!). I find it has all the common functions right under your fingers and it's more efficient than the kb&m control scheme for quite a few actions. Sure you have more power under with kb&m but XCOM on the sofa is actually a really relaxing game for me. XCOM 2 on the other hand will not be getting 360/XO controller support from what I gather so having a decent set of bindings for the predecessor to work with could be a good start.

Who cares. Steam Controller is all ya' need!

Although I wouldn't be surprised for it to get controller support down the road, or maybe even a console port if they deem it worth it (which it wasn't in the case of the first game)

it works with more games than any PC controller ever, though. I've been using it for a qhile now and it's a thing of beauty. Customizable, good feel, excellent battery life, and thanks to community profiles there's little work for even the most tweak adverse of pc gamers.

but i also bought a $50 gamestop credit for $25 and then picked up the controller that way so i got it half off. maybe that helped.

In my limited experience community profiles have been terrible.

Killing Floor 2 had a ton of them, but I couldn't find one that had buttons where I'd have liked them leaving me at the crossroads of making my own or going back to a regular controller.

Blackguards doesn't have a single profile, again, leaving me to create my own or defer to kb/m.

Year Walk had a single profile. I used it and thought it was mostly okay for playing... until I hit a puzzle where I literally could not solve it because of the profile.
There's a puzzle that requires you to press/hold keys on the keyboard when you move the mouse... and the community profile didn't map those keys to the Steam controller making it 100% impossible to play if you didn't have a keyboard handy.

Jawmuncher

it works with more games than any PC controller ever, though. I've been using it for a qhile now and it's a thing of beauty. Customizable, good feel, excellent battery life, and thanks to community profiles there's little work for even the most tweak adverse of pc gamers.

Does it? It is the controller with the highest rate of compability on the platform.

I hear just as much bad about it as I hear good. I'm interested since the games I would be using it in are all KB&M only. But I can wait, since I'm not getting Xcom 2 right away. Maybe someone will make a controller mod, they did it for Mass Effect.

Maniac

Banned
Everyone wanting to have the honor of being the creator of the thread title:

Make it a fucking Firewatch pun. Screw Rotter and Witness, those games have plenty of hype and are sure to do well.

Firewatch is much cooler and less well-known.

Also way better art. And voice acting... And writing. :c

Maniac

Banned
I hear just as much bad about it as I hear good. I'm interested since the games I would be using it in are all KB&M only. But I can wait, since I'm not getting Xcom 2 right away. Maybe someone will make a controller mod, they did it for Mass Effect.

Then you have selective hearing, or you only really hear from the ones complaining because everyone else is busy playing with it. :3
In my limited experience community profiles have been terrible.

Killing Floor 2 had a ton of them, but I couldn't find one that had buttons where I'd have liked them leaving me at the crossroads of making my own or going back to a regular controller.

Blackguards doesn't have a single profile, again, leaving me to create my own or defer to kb/m.

Year Walk had a single profile. I used it and thought it was mostly okay for playing... until I hit a puzzle where I literally could not solve it because of the profile.
There's a puzzle that requires you to press/hold keys on the keyboard when you move the mouse... and the community profile didn't map those keys to the Steam controller making it 100% impossible to play if you didn't have a keyboard handy.
Good thing there are a boatload of templates that're all pretty good for a variety of things. And I'll agree, definitely limited experience. There's shitloads of great community profiles for every game I've tried out thus far. The best ones were definitely Mad Max, GTAV and Grey Goo though, those had some great community profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom