• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
the LOD on some of those FFXV shots makes me want to post "I think i'll wait for a possible PC release" but i dont know how that would go.

but it's totally how i feel about that game though. It seem to be wheezing and huffing on the current machines

rtcn63

RE6 basically prioritizes which guns use to since your inventory isn't really capable of carrying every ammo type (at least more than one stack) without dumping grenades or health items. Which would be fine if you could store unused guns somewhere, but nope. All you can do is hope to rearrange them be out of the way.

Was RE6 at launch really stingy with ammo drops? It definitely isn't now, but it would explain things somewhat if originally, ammo surpluses were much less of an issue.

Jawmuncher

Big Killer Instinct Season 3 reveal this weekend
Saturday 1/30/16
10am Central
KI World Cup
Full S3 Rebalance Tour
New Character Demo
Live on twitch.tv/maximilian_dood
Be there.

So we know Rash, Tusk, and Kim Wu should be in season 3. They made it sound like there would be at least 2 third party characters though awhile back.

RE6 basically prioritizes which guns use to since you're inventory isn't really capable of carrying of every ammo type (at least more than one stack) without dumping grenades or health items. Which would be fine if you could store unused guns somewhere, but nope. All you can do is hope to rearrange them be out of the way.

Was RE6 at launch really stingy with ammo drops? It definitely isn't now, but it would explain things because then originally space was much less of an issue.

Yeah ammo was a problem at launch, Since a lot of people complained about it. Since it was supposed to be a reason to use perks. But you're right I think they did patch it. So now using the perks for more ammo drops makes it crazy.

I don't see how it doesn't look great?

If someone shops out the characters and tells me its RDR, I would believe them.

The open world pics look horrendeous. I mean the gras render distance seems to be 5-10 meter and everything after it are just some small bushes.
The ground textures in the distance look bad.

This is how it looked like before. Notice the grad rendering distance?

final-fantasy-15-ps4.png

brau

It doesn't look amazing, but it looks good enough. Are there really people playing FF games for their incredible graphical fidelity?

I used to... they had amazing art style and awesome CG cutscenes.

Actually... i became an artist in the industry because i wanted to make pretty cutscenes for Squaresoft. lol.

I guess i get that graphical fidelity meaning realistic looking.

Jawmuncher

At least you aren't look at FFXV on Xbox One. Played the demo on there and I swore it was gonna break on me. Felt stitched together.

Actual performance isn't that great either, constant dipping into the teens was prevalent in their 2012 analysis. It's not 3 fps, but the whole "DD ran at 20 fps" wasn't much of an exaggeration

Well, Contradiction runs at 24fps, so I guess it's all a matter of how cinematic you like your games to be. ;)

At least you aren't look at FFXV on Xbox One. Played the demo on there and I swore it was gonna break on me. Felt stitched together.

Dude, you chose an X1. :lol
You could've easily have chosen a PS4 instead...

Hopefully they'll finally drop some new info on the PC version, since I'm getting tired of waiting for it after grabbing the X1 version for cross buy purposes during the sale over the Summer. I cannot wait to dive in... but the lack of info with the influx of other fighters on Steam/PC is really a downer.

Jawmuncher

Well, Contradiction runs at 24fps, so I guess it's all a matter of how cinematic you like your games to be. ;)

Dude, you chose an X1. :lol
You could've easily have chosen a PS4 instead...

Hopefully they'll finally drop some new info on the PC version, since I'm getting tired of waiting for it after grabbing the X1 version for cross buy purposes during the sale over the Summer. I cannot wait to dive in... but the lack of info with the influx of other fighters on Steam/PC is really a downer.
I have both, but back in the day I bought type 0 on Xbox one. Since PS4 didn't have suspend during that time

As for KI I think MS knows to really push cross plays community they'll need steam. Even if it has another GFWL like service integrated

It doesn't look amazing, but it looks good enough. Are there really people playing FF games for their incredible graphical fidelity?
Considering since FF7 that Square strives to always have great graphics and will even attempt to sink the company in terms of graphic engines and pride of their flagship franchise? Yeah.

That said they probably shouldn't be.
Fighting games only do 60fps right?
Not always in the past but now a days yeah unless its a spectacle fighter like Naruto.

I mean NRS tried to cater to all and, youre right, they dropped the ball, but they tried.

And Capcom's money troubles have been of their own doing. How they became so insecure wrt funding their own projects to the point that they now seek cofunding from the major platform holders is a bed they made themselves. Maybe if they did lean a bit more into the casual stuff with stupid shit that's kinda fun like the MK Towers or a full fledged narratives in their fighting games then perhaps the series would've gained enough traction outside of the FGC and some core gamers so that the series wouldn't have required Sony's help putting out its latest installment. I mean, they're not a charity, right, they're trying to sell enough of these things to justify making them and apparently whatever they did before wasn't working out

But that's besides the point. I get the need to have the game out before Evo, i just don't care for the series of missteps that led to the only thing i was really looking forward to in SFV getting sidelined for the main event.

Street Fighter IV sold over 8 million copies and it had next to no worthwhile single player content. It has plenty of traction outside of the FGC and that's besides the point. There IS a story mode in the game already and an expansion to it coming later. Capcom are in the mess they're in because of a lot of poor decisions, but SF isn't one of them. It's one of their only profitable franchises with MH and RE AFAIK.

What missteps? Literally all that has happened is that the expanded story isn't coming until June. You can just wait til then and buy it for a steep discount. It doesn't affect you at all because it was never coming out in February. But as for the FGC and the hardcore crowd, we get what we want now with no delays and you just have to wait a little while. What's the problem?

I've messed about with them all at some point from Vanilla, Super, AE and when Ultra came out but really not even enough to scratch the surface. I think the smaller roster for V I might spend a while giving everyone a try rather than stick to the favs

Totally. If you're looking for anyone to play against in V then I'm your man. I'll be rinsing it come launch.

Red Hood

Banned
I guess I am living in opposite-land today, but reading the comments people say it looks great and fantastic?!

Yeah, it looks pretty damn disappointing compared to what they've been feeding us so far.

Like CDPR, but Witcher 3 turned out great and stunning looking regardless, so maybe FFXV gets a similar treatment.

e90Mark

Hopefully I did this right.
ModBot said:
Instructions for e90Mark:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (e90Mark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To the Moon -- MB-B046665B7C4C8F1A - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-0920F508AD121362 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-42981156CEE4DFA9 - Taken by William Bonney. 1 entrants total.
Prime World: Defenders -- MB-B7B755D863106B90 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky -- MB-5B3BD1747FE707D8 - Taken by TheLight. 4 entrants total.
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword -- MB-721F42C726932E66 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-0AC4A20A10F5AEF7 - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.

t1453761892z1.png

PS3 has more saturated colors, so it's better. :p

Jesus...
How many millions of dollars have they spent on Versus / XV and this is the graphics they have to show for it?

9sIzXSl.png

Also, screw fighting, I'm going to pursue my dream and become a world class dancer:

KNSVQUU.png

FFXV screenshots look like shit, but they're way better in motion. Even several ones they're showcasing on their official website are just gross.

Castaway Paradise

header.jpg

The first thing that caught my attention about Castaway Paradise was the clear inspiration it takes from Animal Crossing a serie that I always was interested but never played because I haven't owned a Nintendo system besides a NES clone.

Castaway Paradise has a charming look, and in my opinion it's essential to a game like this and there are a lot of options regarding the customization of your character and the island, talking about the island customization there are various items you can buy to give your touch to the place. Each NPC's that inhabit the island has a different personality and the random dialogues make me smile mostly of the time because of how casual and silly they are.

The NPC's also gives quests to you rewarding with items, gems, puzzle pieces and xp. The quests are very simple, like growing crops, delivering things to another NPC's, catching specifics bugs/fishes and so on. So it's perfect for that time you want a more casual thing to play. The game incentive you to logging everyday to receive awards like more customization packs, items and etc I'm not fond on it but in the end it doesn't bother me because the developers keep adding more and more content in the game, like seasonal events and theme packs all for free.

In the end I'm having a positive experience with the game, it's fun, colorful and my young brother likes to play it with me so that's a huge plus for me. I recommend it.

Street Fighter IV sold over 8 million copies and it had next to no worthwhile single player content. It has plenty of traction outside of the FGC and that's besides the point. There IS a story mode in the game already and an expansion to it coming later. Capcom are in the mess they're in because of a lot of poor decisions, but SF isn't one of them. It's one of their only profitable franchises with MH and RE AFAIK.

What missteps? Literally all that has happened is that the expanded story isn't coming until June. You can just wait til then and buy it for a steep discount. It doesn't affect you at all because it was never coming out in February. But as for the FGC and the hardcore crowd, we get what we want now with no delays and you just have to wait a little while. What's the problem?
Like I said, the only feature I was really looking forward to has been delayed. I'm glad you'll get your game shortly but the one I wanted doesn't launch for months.

Like I said, the only feature I was really looking forward to has been delayed. I'm glad you'll get your game shortly but the one I wanted doesn't launch for months.
I'm pretty sure Street Fighter V, the franchise known for as fighting and not something for an expansive story mode that no one should have expected just because Netherealm made some hokey B movie plot that will be rebooted again 5 years, comes out on the 19th of February.

I'll quit being harsh, I just find it silly people expected so much outof SF plot when Capcom clearly doesn't care about as other fighting games have had good to great plots for years, like from Arcsys.

I wish they did and I hope it's good V though.

Weird. I won that copy of System Shock 2 above and when I went to add it to Steam it told me I was adding The Witness. It even gave me the message to let me know the game has not released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom