• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible he misspoke. I mentioned the Steam version being EOL in the e-mail I sent him, so I suppose I'll find out soon enough. ;)

I'd like to know what happens, normally I wouldn't consider trying this, but if he's planning to make it free anyways I might give it a shot if you have any luck.

I cant see the difference-
SnoGvqY.gif

KIDDING

FLD

Witness spoilers everywhere. Kind of laughed when someone said this earlier, but damn. Someone in the review thread looks like he wrote his thesis on them.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to avoid them so far so I think I'm gonna stay away from those threads. I was planning to wait but I hadn't realized that there actually was anything to spoil in that game. Now I'm really tempted to buy it just so that I can go in blind and be surprised, especially considering how positive the reviews are.

Dragon's Dogma hasn't really sucked me in, so I could use something else to keep me busy until XCOM 2. I'm enjoying RE0 a lot (thanks again, btw!) but I'd rather play that exclusively at night. The Witness could be my "daytime" game.

Capcom adding "expanded story" with a FREE DLC/patch.
No comment.

I'll wait for the day a game will release with "Press Start" only screen.

Seriously with this? The game is complete. They are adding a new story mode which has never been in an SF game before. You will not have a worse experience if you play it day one.

fertygo

Spare
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-54D677F7B58650C4 - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-E19348C18F648116 - Taken by shervinrs. 1 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-835EF898D7AD7411 - Taken by Neverforget. 1 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-3B90AAD7EC021016 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.

t1453755141z1.png

rtcn63

Oh wow, I knew it was rough on consoles but I didn't expect this.

It's one of those games where "unplayable" isn't necessarily hyperbole. The black bars, flickering, pop-in, low resolution. It's like if Capcom made you stare into the sun for three seconds before being able to boot it up. Think... Infamous 1 but with black bars and more shit trying to happen at once.

Seriously with this? The game is complete. They are adding a new story mode which has never been in an SF game before. You will not have a worse experience if you play it day one.

eh, it's not complete if the story mode isn't ready for launch. For some folks, that's the main draw of a fighting game, to see the goofy story, like with any PC game and MKX for example since the online community died within a week.

it's more like capcom is giving out IOUs because they wont have it ready for launch and can't afford to delay the game or else it'll miss Evo.

If Injustice 2 or MKX-2 pulled this stunt their fanbase would roast them.

eh, it's not complete if the story mode isn't ready for launch. For some folks, that's the main draw of a fighting game, to see the goofy story, like with any PC game and MKX for example since the online community died within a week.

it's more like capcom is giving out IOUs because they wont have it ready for launch and can't afford to delay the game or else it'll miss Evo.

If Injustice 2 or MKX-2 pulled this stunt their fanbase would roast them.

There is a story mode. The characters all have their individual stories in arcade mode. The Story expansion comes out later. Is the game not complete if there are DLC characters or stages? Who determines whether the game is complete? The FGC? The casual players? Capcom?

The game is complete, people are not getting ripped off. The story is even free so there is no reason to complain. You could delay the game but that would be stupid because you lose nothing having to wait for the story mode but Capcom and the FGC lose a lot not having the game for another few months.

zkylon

zkylewd
No way, it looks awesome. Could be a tad less bulky, but I like the look and feel of it overall.

it might be a marvel of modern technology and feel really good but i really don't like how it looks at all

i don't like the ps4 controller either, and i'm kind of indifferent about the xbone controller

my favorite will forever be the ps2 controller i think

how could you hate it? If anything it has almost perfect, snappy controls, you can't hate at least that!

Re: Mark Of The Ninja, quoting myself:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78626397&postcount=10454

Mark Of The Ninja is kinda janky at points. Sometimes the checkpoints are all screwed up, stuff doesn't reset properly (well, it's kinda nice to have what you were using the last time you died instead of what you had on the checkpoint) and just now on the final room of the mission 7, the counter disappeared when I restarted, but got into the checkpoint (of some sort?). Solution: stand in place until I could "halfway there" to be teleported into a new checkpoint when I died. Which was directly in front of a dog I couldn't avoid.

Then I was waiting for the counter and suddenly the game spots me in the vent... two stages lower than I was at at. I get an alert, but no enemies care about me, everyone just ran into the vent and stood there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80089137&postcount=14269

I played some Mark Of The Ninja last night and I just can't really enjoy it anymore. The later stages are harder because they are much more random: I was at this part where there were two routes: other guarded by a dog and guard, other by 3 guards. The dog one was no go (straight line with a dog and guard, no possibilities to use items). The other room was just a tricky, which involved a firecracker that was placed inch by inch on the right section of the floor and still it seemed it was more a bug than a feature. I think the game would be much much much more fun if I could just blast through the levels but I blame Metal Gear Solid from the no kills/no alerts obsession. And those checkpoints... if you want to have a checkpoint the best point isn't a place where you have to spend a minute waiting for a guard walk past, smoke a cigarette, talk to a dog, trade cards on steam AND walk back, but rather that minute away.

Weird thing is that I liked first 4-5 levels very much. They were challenging at points, but not much random.

Also some bugs (features?) really annoy me. Dog goes woof, guard goes "huh?". Stand still on the wall and that continues to infinity unless you jump down.

TL;DR: crappy stealth experience, hated the 2000's saturday morning cartoon style too.

(I really tried to like it though)

There is a story mode. The characters all have their individual stories in arcade mode. The Story expansion comes out later. Is the game not complete if there are DLC characters or stages? Who determines whether the game is complete? The FGC? The casual players? Capcom?

The game is complete, people are not getting ripped off. The story is even free so there is no reason to complain. You could delay the game but that would be stupid because you lose nothing having to wait for the story mode but Capcom and the FGC lose a lot not having the game for another few months.

I think when people wanted a story mode from SFV it's not the typical halfassed endings we've been getting since SFII, they wanted the much-hyped newer story mode that was supposed to be comparable to what netherrealms has spent nearly a decade putting out.

people seem annoyed that they're very prioritizing SFV's launch for the evo folks while those that want a solid and enjoyable single player experience are left with an IOU until they can get it out. Say what you will about netherrealms's games, they outsell the living shit out of capcom's games and they cater to all while doing so (well, except PC gamers apparently).

Dr Dogg

So I'm monkeying around with Yun in training mode of USFIV and I've just realised he has loads of target combos. Pretty much all of which you can cancel into a special of some sort. Also some EX's you can chain together. And in theory might be able to juggle into a special or ultra. Why did I never play as Yun? Dude better be in Round 2 of SF5 DLC.

zkylon

zkylewd
doing some light reading into the the witness review thread

reviews seem kinda glowing

i feel like releasing games near the end of the month is a bad idea

why not wait two more weeks, cmon

I think when people wanted a story mode from SFV it's not the typical halfassed endings we've been getting since SFII, they wanted the much-hyped newer story mode that was supposed to be comparable to what netherrealms has spent nearly a decade putting out.

people seem annoyed that they're very prioritizing SFV's launch for the evo folks while those that want a solid and enjoyable single player experience are left with an IOU until they can get it out. Say what you will about netherrealms's games, they outsell the living shit out of capcom's games and they cater to all while doing so (well, except PC gamers apparently).

Cater to all? That's totally not true. They launched MK9 and MKX with absolute garbage netcode. They left MK9 to die in the FGC and they'll do it again to MKX when Injustice 2 or some other shit is coming out. MK has always been out there to appeal to the casual market.

Capcom are trying their absolute best to appeal to the community that not only will buy their game but will keep it alive and in people's minds for years. Casual players will buy the game for this story mode and never play it again. It's great what Capcom is doing and I'd rather have that anyday than what the fuck NRS are doing, even excluding there absolutely disgusting treatment of PC gamers which should never be forgotten or excused.

Casual players are getting their story mode and for free later down the line. What is the problem? Capcom also don't have a huge budget for this game whereas NRS clearly do have the money to make this elaborate story mode. You can't paint these companies with the same brush. Some will prefer NRS and some will prefer Capcom but I sure as hell know which one I prefer.

Hektor

doing some light reading into the the witness review thread

reviews seem kinda glowing

i feel like releasing games near the end of the month is a bad idea

why not wait two more weeks, cmon

2 more weeks would mean releasing right between XCOM2, SFV, Naruto Storm 4 and Firewatch.

So I'm monkeying around with Yun in training mode of USFIV and I've just realised he has loads of target combos. Pretty much all of which you can cancel into a special of some sort. Also some EX's you can chain together. And in theory might be able to juggle into a special or ultra. Why did I never play as Yun? Dude better be in Round 2 of SF5 DLC.

Just wait until you discover the wonder of Genei Jin. But yeah, Yun is one of the best characters in the game IMO. He's a lot of fun too.

Cater to all? That's totally not true. They launched MK9 and MKX with absolute garbage netcode. They left MK9 to die in the FGC and they'll do it again to MKX when Injustice 2 or some other shit is coming out. MK has always been out there to appeal to the casual market.

Capcom are trying their absolute best to appeal to the community that not only will buy their game but will keep it alive and in people's minds for years. Casual players will buy the game for this story mode and never play it again. It's great what Capcom is doing and I'd rather have that anyday than what the fuck NRS are doing, even excluding there absolutely disgusting treatment of PC gamers which should never be forgotten or excused.

Casual players are getting their story mode and for free later down the line. What is the problem? Capcom also don't have a huge budget for this game whereas NRS clearly do have the money to make this elaborate story mode. You can't paint these companies with the same brush. Some will prefer NRS and some will prefer Capcom but I sure as hell know which one I prefer.
I mean NRS tried to cater to all and, youre right, they dropped the ball, but they tried.

And Capcom's money troubles have been of their own doing. How they became so insecure wrt funding their own projects to the point that they now seek cofunding from the major platform holders is a bed they made themselves. Maybe if they did lean a bit more into the casual stuff with stupid shit that's kinda fun like the MK Towers or a full fledged narratives in their fighting games then perhaps the series would've gained enough traction outside of the FGC and some core gamers so that the series wouldn't have required Sony's help putting out its latest installment. I mean, they're not a charity, right, they're trying to sell enough of these things to justify making them and apparently whatever they did before wasn't working out

But that's besides the point. I get the need to have the game out before Evo, i just don't care for the series of missteps that led to the only thing i was really looking forward to in SFV getting sidelined for the main event.

Just saw Bundlestars has the All Stars Bundle again.

I then remember the 90s, when I would laugh when someone would say that you can get that many quality games for 4 Mark (2€) and even have the time to play all of them. If my 10 year old self would have told me I have an application where I have about 1500 games and only finished 100, I would have laughed at him.

Uzzy

Don't fall to the darkside Dogg, don't pick the top tier character.

Dr Dogg

Just wait until you discover the wonder of Genei Jin. But yeah, Yun is one of the best characters in the game IMO. He's a lot of fun too.

I've messed about with them all at some point from Vanilla, Super, AE and when Ultra came out but really not even enough to scratch the surface. I think the smaller roster for V I might spend a while giving everyone a try rather than stick to the favs

Why does the PS3 version run like 3 fps

Could be to do with all MT Framework games last gen you get Vsync engaged at all times on PS3 and dropped on 360 if the framerate drops bellow 30 (in some cases maybe not engaged at all). Some PS3 MTF titles chug like crazy where as 360 ones might be screen tear city they have better frame rates. MvC3 is a good example.

Don't fall to the darkside Dogg, don't pick the top tier character.

Too late! Evil Ryu is the next test subject but I should know most of what he can do already. I was doing Dudley's Challenges last weekend and it helped me realise how he usually kicks my arse.

Im still rather curious about FFXV. I think it's gonna happen.

I think it will still be announced after the release of the console versions or shortly before. That is what I dont get about japanese publishers/devs.
If they want to port games, why not just announce it, when they are doing it?

We knew about DQH 2 weeks before the release.
We knew about Type-0 HD thanks to an MSI-ad.
We found about Danganronpa and Arslan because of the Steam-Leak.

Especially in Arslans case it doesnt make sense, since its been in the SteamDB since 5 months, so they could have directly announced the game when they announced the western release of the other versions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Im still rather curious about FFXV. I think it's gonna happen.

It's looking more and more like a possibility the more we see. But I wouldn't put anything past Square Enix - I can think of a nightmare scenario where it comes to PC but it's locked down to their own, new digital platform just for SE titles. Either way, I'm fully expecting to be disappointed with whatever announcement they make regarding FFXV and PC.

dex3108

It's looking more and more like a possibility the more we see. But I wouldn't put anything past Square Enix - I can think of a nightmare scenario where it comes to PC but it's locked down to their own, new digital platform just for SE titles. Either way, I'm fully expecting to be disappointed with whatever announcement they make regarding FFXV and PC.

Well based on latest screens people should lower their expectations no matter what platform they own :D

Ludens

Banned

Story mode wasn't in the game at all? This is even worse (also there was a story mode in SFIV with epilogues for all characters).

Nah, they tried that with FFVII, they failed, they put all FF games on Steam, they saw a big profit. The game will reach Steam, the question is when.

def sim

Target combo st. Jab, st. Short, st, strong cancelled into whatever is really strong. All the time to confirm and it catches backdash on wake up.

Embrace strong characters, Dr Dogg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom