• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think they've ever had a Steam logo (hence a few speculating about retail copies of Transformers Devastation on PC being Steamworks or not) but they have usually contained the generic North America PC logo. You can see it on Devestations website

http://www.transformersgame.com/

and at the end of the Korra trailer

https://youtu.be/TclgL--FAJw?t=29s

Guess wait until the 'proper' reveal but as said there's something possibly like it in the DB anyways.
You just reminded me that I still haven't got my copy of Transformers from Amazon UK :(

Ludens

Banned
Yes. No music, only voices and sounds.

Umh, I don't like this. Braid was great even because of the soundtrack, Myst was strictly focused on exploration and puzzle solving, but still the soundtrack was an important part of it.

Anyway, guys, a question: does Edge comes with adblock too?
I'm currently using Firefox, but Edge is much faster. Plus, from time to time I trigger strange glitches with Firefox, so I was thinking to switch on Edge forever (no, Chrome is not an option because I hate the Google privacy settings).

The only things I want are:

-use Google instead of Bing
-Adblock support, otherwise navigation could be a pain

kagamin

That game is clearly inspired in Dark Souls, but man, comparing DS with Shovel Knight because both have "challenging gameplay"?

Sometimes I think DS is the first hard game a lot of YouTubers played, because I always see some comparing any difficult game with Dark Souls.

It's a joke video where MIKE KOB put in everything he deemed relating to SOULS-LIKE, don't take it too seriously :p

Echoplx

Umh, I don't like this. Braid was great even because of the soundtrack, Myst was strictly focused on exploration and puzzle solving, but still the soundtrack was an important part of it.

Anyway, guys, a question: does Edge comes with adblock too?
I'm currently using Firefox, but Edge is much faster. Plus, from time to time I trigger strange glitches with Firefox, so I was thinking to switch on Edge forever (no, Chrome is not an option because I hate the Google privacy settings).

The only things I want are:

-use Google instead of Bing
-Adblock support, otherwise navigation could be a pain

Huh?

I'm sure Microsoft will be much more respectful of your privacy.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

moH5anG.jpg
tInQuS0.jpg
jqnNQB0.jpg
HdbvRbM.jpg

Dr Dogg

Well it's Activision they'll put it on everything they can make money on. So not the Wii U.

I don't know if we be thankful or disappointed Steam as never graced with the new Tony Hawk but they do usually release on every platform feasible. Though to be fair in recent times Activision have been releasing a few more games per calender year than per usual, or at least it feels like they are.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I don't know if we be thankful or disappointed Steam as never graced with the new Tony Hawk but they do usually release on every platform feasible. Though to be fair in recent times Activision have been releasing a few more games per calender year than per usual, or at least it feels like they are.

Dr Dogg

With TMNT being 4 player online coop I'm not sure what kind of Platinum game I'm expecting. A more story focused Anarchy Reigns I guess, except in less drab environment and not getting tag teamed by a bunch of knobs at the same time. Though the thought of a Turtles game with actual decent bosses is also a possibility. That's probably being harsh on Turtles in Time but that Shredder fight is bullshit.

MaxiLive

Really looking forward to the Witness, hoping it'll make me feel smart as my classes are doing the opposite this semester, lol.

Ha! I'm really looking forward to it as well.

I'm hoping it doesn't make me feel even dumber than I am -.- *In* before I get stuck 15 minutes into the game...

Dr Dogg

To be honest it's something to be expected. Non Microsoft studio exclusive titles have a high tendency to not remain exclusive, even going way back to the OG Xbox with Splinter Cell eventually getting PC and PS2 ports. Only this time with the Xbone it's getting to the point before the game has even released that the illusion of exclusivity ends. Tomb Raider, then REcore and I guess possibly Quantum Break possibly now too.

If Scalebound breaks free before releasing I'm throwing the thing in the bin!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To be honest it's something to be expected. Non Microsoft studio exclusive titles have a high tendency to not remain exclusive, even going way back to the OG Xbox with Splinter Cell eventually getting PC and PS2 ports. Only this time with the Xbone it's getting to the point before the game has even released that the illusion of exclusivity ends. Tomb Raider, then REcore and I guess possibly Quantum Break possibly now too.

If Scalebound breaks free before releasing I'm throwing the thing in the bin!

Quantum Break is entirely a Microsoft venture, though, from the game itself to the IP, so this is a little surprising. It's not a repeat of Alan Wake, where Remedy had quite a lot of say in the matter since it dumped its Max Payne money into development prior to cuddling up to MS (indeed, the Alan Wake IP is Remedy's).

dex3108

Quantum Break is entirely a Microsoft venture, though, from the game itself to the IP, so this is a little surprising. It's not a repeat of Alan Wake, where Remedy had quite a lot of say in the matter since it dumped its Max Payne money into development prior to cuddling up to MS.

Even though MS is doing better when console sale are in question (when you compare it with X360) but they could use more money from their game investments. Windows is not competing platform so why not use that and get more money.

Pachimari

How? When I emulate games I just add the emulator and rename it to whatever I'm playing. Never done it with PS2 games tho.
This post explained it to me.

It doesn't look amazing, but it looks good enough. Are there really people playing FF games for their incredible graphical fidelity?
Final Fantasy have always been a franchise, who have led its genre forward in visuals, and thus many people are looking forward to seeing stunning graphics in these games.

Hmm, I'm skeptic but it would be nice if Quantum Break came to PC.
Now I just need Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay and Scalebound.

I sold my Xbox One after one month. There's just nothing to it.

Dr Dogg

Quantum Break is entirely a Microsoft venture, though, from the game itself to the IP, so this is a little surprising. It's not a repeat of Alan Wake, where Remedy had quite a lot of say in the matter since it dumped its Max Payne money into development prior to cuddling up to MS (indeed, the Alan Wake IP is Remedy's).

Oh no, I'm not saying that. I don't have a clue what's in their contracts though when you announce a game as exclusive to your platform and then before it has even released it gets announced for other platforms you've probably got a section of your audience going to hold off for other versions.

How many peeps were probably going to buy Tomb Raider on XO until all that 'exclusive' confusion was cleared up? Christ how many held off when they found out how close the PC release was to the XO's? How much damage to sales was created by the whole fiasco? For such a large investment that obviously is in Quantum Break that seems like playing with fire.

Even though MS is doing better when console sale are in question (when you compare it with X360) but they could use more money from their game investments. Windows is not competing platform so why not use that and get more money.

I'd imagine the Xbone is much closer to competing with PC sales than the PS4 is. Be interesting to see like for like numbers on simultaneously released games for Xbone and PC as a whole. I'd think the XO would beat PC more often than not but probably not by much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm just saying that the call is entirely Microsoft's as opposed to past situations where the developer had a finger or two in the pie, such as Alan Wake, and more recently Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

Edit: Oh, and Tomb Raider, too, haha. The relatively close PC release threw me off a bit. ;)

dex3108

I'm just saying that the call is entirely Microsoft's as opposed to past situations where the developer had a finger or two in the pie, such as Alan Wake, and more recently Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

To be honest Remedy had to ask for permission to put AW on PC so in a way that was also MS decision in a way. Without green light from MS Remedy wouldn't be able to put it on PC. But yes MS has changed in past couple of years and I would be OK with timed X1 exclusivity (6 months for example) if that means that there will be PC version. It is win-win in my opinion, MS gets more money and users get choice.

MaxiLive

If somebody in here have a Xbox One, then I have a beta code for The Division that I am giving away.

I do ^.^

I'd be happy to take it off your hands if no one else wants it. If other peeps are interested then they can take it as I have a few games to play this weekend so I'm not sure how much use I'll make of the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom