• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

cotzw1X.gif

Sch1sm

Well, Braid is one of the best puzzle/platformer games you can find. That, Super Meat Boy and Fez basically launched the "indie" trend.

I'm pretty sure every I've yet to finish all three of those. I couldn't get into them, even as someone who loves a good puzzle game, and even more a puzzle platformer.

Braid I found to be most annoying of them all, tbh.

milena87

Well, Braid is one of the best puzzle/platformer games you can find. That, Super Meat Boy and Fez basically launched the "indie" trend.

You should play Braid asap.

It's just... I love puzzles. It's the platformer part that worries me. I'm weird when it comes to that genre and I get bored fast.
It's the reason I still haven't bought Ori. And that game is stunning at least. Braid just doesn't tell me anything :/

Haunted

It's just... I love puzzles. It's the platformer part that worries me. I'm weird when it comes to that genre and I get bored fast.
It's the reason I still haven't bought Ori. And that game is stunning at least. Braid just doesn't tell me anything :/
Braid is a puzzle game, you just navigate through it by pressing a stick and some buttons instead of clicking on the screen.

Ori is a real skill-based platformer, so if that's not your thing I wouldn't recommend it.

Wok

Braid is way more puzzle than platform.

Ludens

Banned

Platformer section are easy and tied to puzzle solving.

milena87

Have you ever played Limbo?

Nope :p

Braid is a puzzle game, you just navigate through it by pressing a stick and some buttons instead of clicking on the screen.

Ori is a real skill-based platformer, so if that's not your thing I wouldn't recommend it.

Braid is way more puzzle than platform.

OK, I might try it sometimes then. I got the impression that the platform parts were more important.

And I do like some skill-based platformers. 2D Rayman is great and I think I even got all the achievements for Origins on the Xbox. Like I said, I'm weird.

Pachimari

But can we even trust that rating? In the thread, they say that Brazilian rating board also rated Gears of War 3, Halo 4 and other Xbox games for PC, which never came true.

Dr Dogg

People started making PC Performance threads days before PC release just to make them before Jase. :D

Like everything these days on gaming side, it's a mad rush to create the thread first instead of organised or consolidated effort. Usually PC Perf threads speak for themselves and you can get a handle on what the score is from the newer posts but sometimes it would be nice if the OT got updated with all the pertinent info, any tips & tricks or workarounds to common issues. Sadly few do get the treatment but if you're going to make the thread then at least be responsible for keeping it updated.

dex3108

But can we even trust that rating? In the thread, they say that Brazilian rating board also rated Gears of War 3, Halo 4 and other Xbox games for PC, which never came true.

You never know. MS could push ratings for both platforms just in case if they want to release it on PC one day.

Like everything these days on gaming side, it's a mad rush to create the thread first instead of organised or consolidated effort. Usually PC Perf threads speak for themselves and you can get a handle on what the score is from the newer posts but sometimes it would be nice if the OT got updated with all the pertinent info, any tips & tricks or workarounds to common issues. Sadly few do get the treatment but if you're going to make the thread then at least be responsible for keeping it updated.

That is why i am not creating threads that require heavy maintenance. :D

Dr Dogg

That is why i am not creating threads that require heavy maintenance. :D

Jase does great PC Perf threads and really folks that are taking on the responsibility to make them should at least give his layout and content a cursory glance. Here's a couple of examples from late last year

Just Cause 3 - OP JaseC

AC Syndicate - OP Yves Guillemot Crossing Eden

For me the gulf in an informative OT that the reader can get answers to most questions is poles apart.

Quantum Break is still a rumor anyway.
It would be hilarious if it's debunked, people were arguing for no reason.

And apparently, Canis Lupus is banned.

Arthea

World's Dawn and Witness will have to wait, just like TR15, not only Dang is releasing in February and we still don't know price of it, (please goddess, let it not be 30€ or above game), it's still very possible that Stardew Valley will release in February too and it likely will be priced at $10, what I'll gladly pay.

edited: anybody picked The Order of the Thorne yet? If yes, how is it?

dex3108

Jase does great PC Perf threads and really folks that are taking on the responsibility to make them should at least give his layout and content a cursory glance. Here's a couple of examples from late last year

Just Cause 3 - OP JaseC

AC Syndicate - OP Yves Guillemot Crossing Eden

For me the gulf in an informative OT that the reader can get answers to most questions is poles apart.

I tried once to apply for OT thread and i was late so i never tried again :D But some of my assets were used in Watch_Dogs OT XD But i agree good OP is always appreciated.

Hektor

What's next from my childhood, GI Joe, He-Man, or The Real Ghostbusters?

I pray for GO GO POWER RANGERS GO GO POWER RANGERS MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS

What the..
Transformers Devastation on Steamspy: 16k owners. I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped TMNT PC for good this time.

Damn, that is sad. It's a really good game and deserves better than this.

SOULS-LIKE

fuck I pasted the wrong thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Stop hatin' on Vaatividya!

Good, PC Portbeg race wins again! No only Sclaebound is left.

Arthea

Nope :p

OK, I might try it sometimes then. I got the impression that the platform parts were more important.

And I do like some skill-based platformers. 2D Rayman is great and I think I even got all the achievements for Origins on the Xbox. Like I said, I'm weird.

I strongly disagree about Braid and Limbo, they aren't bad games, but they aren't puzzle games, well, maybe puzzlelite or something and Braid is definitely a platformer. If you don't see yourself enjoying it, you probably won't. I never finished it, well maybe I still get back to it, but I doubt it.

The TMNT game looks great. Will be a blast in co-op.

really? I thought it looks like a candidate for new Korra type of game, meaning not bad, but nothing special either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom