• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Well to be honest i can't see any store reaching Steam level unless Steam makes really, really stupid moves. You just can't grow fast enough to reach Steam numbers.

Dr Dogg

The Windows Store since the start of 8 has been pretty lackluster compared to OSX's AppStore and even more pitiful when you bring the iOS and GooglePlay stores into the equation. These are the immediate competition, not digital game stores. There's been more effort talking about making it viable than actually doing so. Microsoft may want a walled garden eco system but even if any of their users don't what's available isn't really a great endorsement.

Anteater

Guess I'll try a ranger from my friendlist

screenshot_2016-01-26f7oha.jpg

ed-nortan-laptopkck55.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To be honest Remedy had to ask for permission to put AW on PC so in a way that was also MS decision in a way. Without green light from MS Remedy wouldn't be able to put it on PC. But yes MS has changed in past couple of years and I would be OK with timed X1 exclusivity (6 months for example) if that means that there will be PC version. It is win-win in my opinion, MS gets more money and users get choice.

It's my understanding that Alan Wake the game is jointly owned by both Remedy and MS, so, yeah, it was of no surprise to me that Remedy had to seek permission.

BTW The Division Beta pre-load is up on UPlay and Steam (tnx lashman for Steam confirmation).

Thanks for the by-way-of heads-up. Off to pre-order the Gold Edition I go.

Jawmuncher

Had a feeling it was gonna get delayed. The ice-skating seemed to go back and forth so j think the trailer was showing off more than one build. Regardless I'm there day one. I don't skip on anything resident evil. Gotta support the action and MP which I think is a good fit for the universe. Hope Capcom keeps with catering to both action and horror tastes. As for the game itself so long as they fix the moving animations to look more grounded and keep with the fan-service of adding maps from all the games ill be pleased. Looking like it'll be better than ORC already.

Ludens

Banned
Had a feeling it was gonna get delayed. The ice-skating seemed to go back and forth so j think the trailer was showing off more than one build. Regardless I'm there day one. I don't skip on anything resident evil. Gotta support the action and MP which I think is a good fit for the universe. Hope Capcom keeps with catering to both action and horror tastes. As for the game itself so long as they fix the moving animations to look more grounded and keep with the fan-service of adding maps from all the games ill be pleased. Looking like it'll be better than ORC already.

I think I'll skip this:

-no story mode
-multiplayer only
-one SP mode and it's like a survival horde mode
-the game looks trashy

I could try it if it will be F2P.

Anyway Konami added two new gears on MGO (one bear head, costs 300 MB coins), but I have a problem: I did the FOB event, I want to take some S+ soldiers, but the game tells me I reached maximum capacity (I have still slot opened in my base).
Manpunches, I choose you.

EDIT: I saw people already completed like 80 puzzles on The Witness, really the game is 70-100 hours long with 687 puzzles?

Pachimari

I'm totally in on Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps, it looks really good and fun to play. And I'm especially in, now that it seems Metal Gear Online have dropped the ball on PC.

fantomena

Well, pre-ordering The Division from amazon and using the Amazon key on Division beta site worked. Didn't need a key form Ubisoft for the beta, it automatically showed up in Uplay.

MUnited83

For you.
I think I'll skip this:

-no story mode
-multiplayer only
-one SP mode and it's like a survival horde mode
-the game looks trashy

I could try it if it will be F2P.

Anyway Konami added two new gears on MGO (one bear head, costs 300 MB coins), but I have a problem: I did the FOB event, I want to take some S+ soldiers, but the game tells me I reached maximum capacity (I have still slot opened in my base).
Manpunches, I choose you.

EDIT: I saw people already completed like 80 puzzles on The Witness, really the game is 70-100 hours long with 687 puzzles?
Umbrella Crops looks interesting, but shit is not going to have a reliable userbase lol.

The Witness is not out yet, so people who completed 80 puzzles are probably reviewers and so they have the game for a quite a few days now, so that doesn't seem like a worthy indication of lenght.

Ludens

Banned
Umbrella Crops looks interesting, but shit is not going to have a reliable userbase lol.

The Witness is not out yet, so people who completed 80 puzzles are probably reviewers and so they have the game for a quite a few days now, so that doesn't seem like a worthy indication of lenght.

I saw them on The Witness thread on gaming, I think the game already released on PS4.

Jawmuncher

The RE fanbase is pretty reliable. Might not keep huge numbers, but at least on consoles you can still get RE5, RE6, and Rev 1&2 raid players regularly. Though ORC is dead on PC, I haven't checked how it's doing on consoles. But I wouldn't blame anyone for not playing that.

MUnited83

For you.
I saw them on The Witness thread on gaming, I think the game already released on PS4.

Fair enough, didn't know it was already released on PS4. I still don't think you can try to know the game's lenght by those impressions, because different puzzles will take varying ammounts of time to solve.
I mean, I don't think it will be quite 70-100 hours to complete it 100%, but I can easily see it being a 40-50 hours experience( as long as you don't cheat with guides)

The RE fanbase is pretty reliable. Might not keep huge numbers, but at least on consoles you can still get RE5, RE6, and Rev 1&2 raid players regularly. Though ORC is dead on PC, I haven't checked how it's doing on consoles. But I wouldn't blame anyone for not playing that.
Every one of those had a single player component to drive people to it though. I don't trust much in a multiplayer-only RE game.

Wok

Passing time is a cakewok

Play a game or something.

I gave up on Alien Isolation, way too hard. I don't have the patience to play Banished. I hate Plague Inc. Maybe Renowned Explorers, but I would need to understand how the combat system works, and it has been hopeless so far. I feel too tired for other games.

q3XVsHc.png

1232 games and nothing to play... Such is life.

milena87

I'm waiting for more impressions on The Witness.
The reviews are great and the price doesn't turn me off, but I've never tried Braid...

And my new addiction to Dragon's Dogma doesn't help.

Pachimari

Well, pre-ordering The Division from amazon and using the Amazon key on Division beta site worked. Didn't need a key form Ubisoft for the beta, it automatically showed up in Uplay.

My key worked on the Division beta website too. I'm just waiting for it to show up in my Games library on uPlay.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't help but imagine some pour soul at Ubi manually adding the beta to accounts one by one.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if that leaked Resident Evil 6 HD for PS4 and Xbox One will have new content. Hopefully it's not another case like DmC where we get screwed out of the content.

Zeknurn

Is there a place to grab a The Division beta key?

edit: Problem solved. I had enough credits to get one from one of the grey key resellers.

Another day, another raffle!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Santerestil, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GundeadliGne -- MB-1381622BC0D3F072 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Hitogata Happa -- MB-E76B9DC3F201D674 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-0EDF34B6BF523EBE - Taken by Red Hood. 3 entrants total.
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-54B63E0D90C4BC95 - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-D3754E6D39CC331B - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-FECDB6CCB4C31C71 - Taken by 73V3N. 7 entrants total.

t1453899895z1.png

Ludens

Banned
I'm waiting for more impressions on The Witness.
The reviews are great and the price doesn't turn me off, but I've never tried Braid...

And my new addiction to Dragon's Dogma doesn't help.

Well, Braid is one of the best puzzle/platformer games you can find. That, Super Meat Boy and Fez basically launched the "indie" trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom