• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people are in hard denial about QB on PC, we've already been called pirates by at least one poster and others don't think MS will allow it even if there's already precedent with Alan Wake.

when that news really pops there wont be enough salt in the world

Dr Dogg

OLEDs are finally past their major burn-in issues? Because while they look nice as hell, rather not have my gaming screw up my screen.

As with all displays they do differ from one panel to the next. I've had OLED panelled phones that have been fine over a couple of years but others that were fucked after a couple of months. I still think there's lifetime concerns due to the nature of the technology but even if you take the average hours of the blue layer before they start to dim that's still much, much longer than I keep a monitor for. Also a few of the newer LG TV's have some almost decent display latency figures (well for TV's at least) in and around the 20ms mark.

you got this OLED virus from me, didn't you?
I'll never be able to afford it, probably, even when mass produced if ever

Oh I don't know 3 and half grand for a TV and about 20 grand for a monitor (about the only decent one I can find is a broadcast preview monitor) isn't the end of the world :(

deejay

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/272270/

EA version has gone up.

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/272270/header.jpg?t=1453824141[/img

[url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/272270/[/url]

EA version has gone up.[/QUOTE]

EA? well, that works well for me, because I have no time or money for it now anyway.

Oreoleo

I'm not so sure about it, we are talking strictly about popularity here, because only after some becoming really popular made indies to take off en masse.
So... SMB, Fez and Braid had a big part in it, much bigger than earlier games.
That's not saying that these are better games, but they got much more of media covering, PR and attention in general, making indies much more popular than before.

I guess it depends what your measuring stick is. If you're thinking in regards to really mainstream appeal, then yeah I can see what you mean. SMB got more exposure than basically all of those games. But to me, Fez wouldn't even exist if a game like Braid hadn't come along and done it first. It along with Geometry Wars and World of Goo (and others I might be forgetting, but for the time those were indie heavy hitters) established that there was a market for these small-scale games at all and could be financially viable. It's like a snowball effect and I perceive SMB and especially Fez to be something of a second wave of momentum in that regard.

dex3108

Damn, got a dilemma.

I can either continue playing Tomb Raider Rise or wait for official driver support (hopefully with SLI support).

Sheit, might as well start playing The Witness or Resident Evil Zero while I wait for Tomb Raider Rise driver.

Stealth brag post.

Next panel anything, be it monitor or TV, I'm buying is OLED. Spent waaay too many times drooling over a few examples in PC World at Christmas not to take a punt on one to see how they stack up for various applications. Also 1080 vertical pixels? Ewwwww! I can't go back to somethign that cramped for work purposes after donkeys years of at least 1440. Chirst I had a 1920x1200 supported (and technically higher still) monitor getting on for 15 years ago now.

Samsung and Vita have ruined me. It's hard to live without OLED screens! D:

I hope by the time I can upgrade, OLED monitors/TVs become cheap.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The Witness looks amazing. I had high hopes for the game but I never expected this amount of love and praise. Incredible.

I've already spent a lot of money on games this month, so here's hoping GMG has a nice 25% voucher for this game.
Or maybe I should wait for the physical release.
Making choices is difficult!

And Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming out on Thursday! So many delicious videogames. I'm incredibly excited. :D

In other news; The Talos Principle is getting better the more I play it. I'm not a big fan of it's explorational elements, though. Which is weird, because exploration is one of the thing I love most about this wonderful medium.
Almost finished World A, just two or three more figments. And a handful of stars. Those darn things are pretty well hidden.

That is lashman!
Just according to keikaku*

Only MCC and Scalebound left. I have no clue why I'd bother with a Xbox at this point.
is there anything i need to play dark souls besides dsfix?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165357674&postcount=17053
These I used at one point. Not all needed and most depending on taste.
Yup, it just ends. At this point
after you've handed the device over to Miller, the campaign is over. You've just got a choice between Kerry escaping the island and Kerry dying on the island.
I do like that you're just some poor bloody infantryman for the bulk of the campaign, and that yes, there is information above your paygrade that's held back from you, but in the end there are a ton of unanswered questions about the whole plot.
I'm OK with how it continues if the save feature starts working again :'(
Nice, unexpectedly abbreviated 'ending' aside - have really enjoyed your series of Arma3 posts, Veggie - thanks! Has painted a great picture. My interest is definitely piqued, as I hadn't realised the singleplayer aspect was so meaty and varied. (just need a price cut and big sale now!)

I have the base Arma2 (and no Operation Arrowhead) - how is its campaign in comparison, for those that have tackled it? Has it held up OK?
It got sub 20 bucks in summer sale but weirdly stayed above 20 in winter sale. Maybe next sale it'll go sub 20 again.

I'm on the same boat as you. Interested in how ArmA2 fares which is in my backlog.
Thanks for this, just in time (reasonable amounts of single-player content is the deciding factor for me).
Yup, I was surprised at the SP content, too!

Nzyme32

Is the Witness actually set for a release in a couple of minutes as Jonathan Blow says or an hour like every Steam game in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom